Infinity Bay has a lot of potential. Pool is wonderful, especially the 3 days that the cruise ships drop off 100's of their passengers right next door (that dropped the location rating to a 3). Snorkeling was amazing right in front of the hotel. The rooms are nice, staff is friendly. If you are a diver, Infinity Divers is great. They really make sure you're set up for the week. Adam took very good care of us. Their "valet service" made it so easy to jump in the boat and buzz out. Food and drink at Infinity Bay we considered pricey for the area compared to the other WBB bars with similar menus. We found food and drink options other than the hotel. There are at least a dozen or more choices for food and drinks within a short walk on the beach. Daily specials, most happy hours are 2 for $5 blended cocktails. Fosters, at the far end, has great food and a fun atmosphere. We found Infinity Bay to be VERY over priced on food and drink compared to most other bars in the area. Mostly big city prices, in a tiny little town??? We almost wondered if this was on purpose, maybe they don't have the facilities to serve the all inclusive and owners and their guests????? They seemed to cater to the Sun Wing all inclusive group. Posting excursion and spa specials exclusively for them. We waited 15 min at the swim up bar, we bought 2 drinks at the pool totaling $17 US, (more than our delicious lunch for 2 including drinks just down the beach).
A stop at Eldon's market, just as you leave the airport, was well worth the stop. Everything you'd find at a small town market in the US, (familiar brands). 2 of us spent a total of $68 and bought everything from $5 six packs of local beer, ($3 per bottle in most bars) $5 bottle of rum, mixers, fresh fruit, veggies, all of our dairy, eggs and snacks. Wish we would have bought more water. The kitchen in the rooms make it easy to cook breakfast and make your own drinks. (Bring a pill organizer with an assortment of spices) There wasn't even salt and pepper in the rooms. The market next to the hotel is more like a gas station mini mart. We only bought drinking water there. We were told that the water at the hotel is potable, that's not the same as purified... We filled the white sink up to soak our dive watch and it was tinted yellow. We went through 7 gallons from the Mini Mart.
Over all Roatan was wonderful, we would most definitely return with our children. Very relaxing, easy vacation. Sometimes the only decision to be made was what bar swing would you like to sit in today?
We didn't know what to expect as far as prices, we heard cheap, we heard same as US. We were pleasantly surprised. We only spent about $60 a day for 2 of us including lunch, dinner and drinks throughout the day.
One of our favorite things about the location was that you could literally go barefoot all week. I brought the usual dressy clothes with heals, for dinners, and not once were they taken out of the closet. Certainly a more casual island life than some of the other Caribean Islands. Movies at Bananarama shown on the floating screen in the sand with bar and pizza service- very cool!
Bring a rain coat and some cards to keep you busy if it rains. We had 2 days of unexpected heavy rain and the lobby had only one chess board, one Risk game, and some books to borrow. Even though the hotel restaurant and upstairs bar area are now open, the all inclusive group filled the area on the rainy days.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras