We stayed at IB from Christmas Eve until January 7th, 2012. We were on the ground floor in building 4, right beside the pool. Perfect spot for our 8 year old daughter as she loved the pool.
After considering VRBO and Sunwing, we found ended up going with Sunwing spending $100 less for each person and had everything included!
We opted out of the bus from the airport and went with AtYourService Concierge Service with Sue-Anne. Her driver picked us up from the airport (even from way behind the line at customs) with our bags and we were at the resort in under 30 minutes from hitting the tarmac! We even had Sue-Anne pick up some groceries for us - with a full kitchen in the room, it was a worthwhile service.
Then we got to the resort.
As we arrived first, we expected little Chaos in the lobby with 100 + people arriving. We were offered drinks, checked in and told that our room was not ready (to be expected on turnover days). However, our bags were left outside in the heat. Including our groceries. I pointed this out to Rick who had offered his card as the Resort GM. He offered to have someone take care of it - but after 45 minutes when I came to check on the status of our room, our bags remained outside unaccompanied. Very frustrating, the GM gave me his hand, card and assurance that it would all be taken care of, it wasn't.
The room was ready in a couple of hours, and it was great. Exactly like the pictures suggest. Our A/C worked so well we had to turn it down. Even right beside the pool, the noise was never an issue.
The Sofa bed was adequate, but definitely could use an overhaul. As we used the front patio door to access the suite from the pool, it was annoying that the blinds kept falling out of the guides. Compared to other places we have stayed, we are really nitpicking here.
The beach and reef are what make West Bay and this resort is one some of the easiest and best snorkeling water. Infact, when there are cruise ship days, the big snorkeling charter brings cruisewrs front of IB to snorkel. The water was mostly clear and calm (protected by the reef) even though we had some high wind and raining mornings. Although I didn't dive, the snorkeling is the best I have seen anywhere. If you are a strong swimmer, you can directly access 2-3km of reef within 30 feet of the beach at IB.
The buffet was very high quality. Having a restricted diet, I had some concerns and figured we would be using our kitchen more. Not at all! Although the food was repetitive after two weeks, there was always a large variety of lettuces, vegetables and I had grilled fish made to order if the buffet only had fried fish or no fish.
The service in the buffet was amazing! Lanny, Larry and Oscar always did a great job to ensure we had everything we needed. The staff went out of their way to ensure you had impeccable service.
If IB could transplant the success of the Buffet Staff to the Palapa Bar and Restaurant, they would do very well. Sadly, the service was horrendous. Even with the rail line 1-2 deep, you should never have to wait more then 15 minutes for a drink. Yet that happened even when it was not that busy at the bar. A couple of times we opted to go to the Banarama and pay for a beer/drink as it was much faster and beer is relatively cheap. I think the Sunwing'rs get second rate treatment at the bar, if you hide your bracelet and put some us $ in your hand you may have more success.
Although we heard mixed reviews about the service at the Palapa Bar, our experience was not good. 30 minutes just to be served menus. 90 minutes to get food, not the place to eat with a young child. The food was ok, but not worth the wait/ bad service.
What this place needs is a good food/beverage manager that can manage the flow and ensure service. There are plenty of places on the beach to get great service, drinks and food, even if you have the all-inclusive - get off the resort and live a little!
The resort is very clean, safe and most of the staff is very cordial and friendly. The apartment style rooms are the best I have ever seen at a Caribbean resort. The pool is great and the beach front is spectacular.
Although the service was hit and miss, it wouldn't stop us from returning to the resort and are planning on going back.
Wifi is spotty, some rooms have it some don't. The bar and lobby do have it. However, it seemed that every room has wired internet so bringing a router should provide wifi in your room.
The resort is the best located resort in West Bay, in front of the best section of beach/reef. It is does not have a disco or activity planners like an all inclusive. If you are looking for planned activities, beach parties and drinking contests... this is NOT the place for you.
If you are looking for a great beach, calm waters, reefs, North American standard accommodations and room amenities, a wonderful pool, high quality food and don't mind putting up with hit and miss service, then this IS the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras