“Surprisingly great!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Bay
Cambridge
“Surprisingly great!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2012

I'm writing this review while still at Infinity Bay Resort. We came for Christmas. The resort if full but is still able to manage without any chaos. Rick, the general manager, welcomed guests as they arrived and has been present through our stay throughout the resort to make sure everything is running well. The staff seem motivated and all seem very positive and helpful. Their grasp of English is perfect at the front desk and amongst the wait staff. They make you feel very welcome and in a genuine way. Tips are not expected at this all inclusive resort but we find ourselves bringing some extra cash with us to give as tips anyhow. The service is just well deserving of it. The service is actually better than at most a la carte restaurants where tips are expected.

Having stayed at another resort on Roatan last year, our expectations were very low. What a difference! The food at Infinity bay is quality and delicious. Their cook staff are talented and present awesome dishes. Beef is cooked to perfection. Vegetables are crisp. Breakfast bacon is perfect and goes great with their custom omelet bar. We came expecting to loose several pounds and are now planning our diets for when we get home. Food of this quality was certainly not expected in Roatan and certainly not at an all-inclusive resort. Christmas dinner, for example, was just as good (if not better) than what mom would have made in years past.

I'm a divemaster and have dived in lots of places. Diving brought me back to roatan. Infinity Divers is the on-site, PADI dive shop. The equipment is new and well maintained. The dive sites are awesome. Shark dives, wall dives, drift dives, coral dives, shore dives and more are all here and are all some of the best in this part of the world. The dive shop is full service. they rig your gear for you and have it on the boat waiting for you. Just show up and dive.

Rooms are condo apartments and have full kitchens, washer/dryer, separate bedroom, washroom with very nice shower and large living area. Patios and balconies are private and very large. They include nice furniture and are very relaxing. The pool is long and warm and has pool bar sitting. Beer is good and cold and served with a smile.

Try to stop at a grocery store on the way to the resort from the airport to pick up some snacks and treats. Having a full kitchen seems wasted without at least some microwave popcorn to pop.

The beach is world class but does have peddlers selling their stuff to the tourists. unavoidable really. just tell them "no" and they generally leave you alone.

If you don't dive, you should at least snorkel off the shore. Lots to see and do.

Nearby attractions include a jungle/animal adventure, zip line adventures, spas, glass bottom boats etc. You might want to book activities locally rather than through your travel agent....same activities but better prices.

The resort feels safe. I have an 11 year old daughter on this trip and we feel safe letting her go take a dip in the pool as we watch from the patio. It seems very family friendly.

You are welcomed to the resort with drinks and other various treats. A nice cool drink is a nice touch after the 20 minutes bus ride from the roatan airport.

We would not come back to roatan and not stay at Infinity Bay. We have the means and flexibility to choose any resort but feel we could not do better than Infinity. Kudos to Rick and his excellent safe as well as to the dive shop and their great crews.

Hopefully thw quality will continue throughout the rest of our stay here but we're so confident in Infinity that we wanted to put this review out as soon as possible.

Room Tip: The resort consists of two long, 3 story buildings that face one another that are divided by a long...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

I travelled to Roatan from Dec 10 - 17, 2012 specifically for diving. This was my second time in Roatan but the first time in West Bay and first time at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort. From the moment I walked into the Resort, I was treated to first class service. Our Sunwing group was greeted by the General Manager and we were served drinks and food. I was impressed from that very moment. My initial condo was on the ground floor which the Resort gladly switched to the second floor. The condo was exactly as the pictures show. Sometimes you never know but in this case it was exactly as pictured. The condo service was excellent; my room was always made up early and everyone was helpful and so nice. I can't say enough about the whole Resort organization. The food in the international buffet was just excellent. I really only tried the Palapa Restaurant Bar once because the buffet was so good. I talked to the Chef and Sous-Chefs daily so found out a lot about their training and the organization. I have been to Jamaica where the buffets are just so overwhelming and there seems to be so much waste. The buffet at Infinity is smaller in quantity but not quality. There were always fresh salads, vegetables, main dinner choices, and excellent breakfasts and lunches. Truly the food rivals any 5 star hotel dining. And I was really, really impressed with what they do with the left over food after the guests have dined. This is a first rate Resort for guests and staff. No wonder everyone is so pleasant and happy to work there.

I went to Roatan and this Resort specifically for scuba diving and, again, my exceptations were exceeded. The diving organization was excellent. The dives sites remarkable. The thing that impressed me the most was the condition of the coral. It was beautiful; I was there to take pictures and I was able to capture some remarkable shots (for me anyway). But even more than that, in between dives the resort had a snack bar table set up. It had fruit drinks and some nibble food which was excellent. When you are in between dives and want to clear out the taste of salt water, this is the most fantastic extra. I really commend the hotel for this extra touch.

There were a number of children at the resort during my stay which I found really special. The resort has a very family oriented appeal which makes you feel like you are at home. I think that's the thing I enjoyed most about Infinity, you feel like you are at home rather than in a hotel. I think the condo (owners) approach contributes to this feel. The entertainment was fun and some nights geared towards children. The night's activities got quiet around 10 pm. But don't misunderstand. This is also very much an adults paradise too. The beach, service, food, Resort and grounds are beautiful. During my stay, I felt this was a little piece of heaven on earth. I would return tomorrow!! And stay for the winter if I could. I loved every minute.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Beamsville, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Spent a week with the Sunwing all inclusive late November, early December. Buffet food was very good for the small amount put out. Nice to have an omellette made for you without having to wait in a long line. One bedroom condo was just wonderful; room 201 was a perfect spot-near the pool, beach and bar. Snorkelling was awesome right in the water in front of the hotel and to the left.
Puma was excellent at the pool bar and Alexander was great at the buffet.
Beautiful island, enjoyed everything but the rain; but nothing you can do about that. Would recommend for people wanting the great snorkelling and a great place to stay.
Would have been nice to have some bocce balls or something available to get off your feet while not snorkelling or walking the beach.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

For a bit more than 1600$ all-inclusive with 10 dives, I wasn't expecting such a quality in the hotel, sevice and especially in the food !
Everything definitely scored a 5 out of 5.
The diving was really awsome: We saw rays, turtles, lionfish ,groopers and even dolphins , just to name a few. Our boat even spotted a shark whale.
In addition of being really friendly, the dive team takes care of preparing and loading/unloading all the equipment for you. That's the holiday spirit!

Room Tip: *Upgrade : Upgrading from a studio doesn't cost much (60$ for one week for us !)and is worth it...
Ottawa, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

We were enjoying every moment so much we forgot to take pictures. Thank you Trip Advisor for posting over 400 traveller pictures.
On arrival we were greeted with drinks, snacks, smiles and efficiency. We were in our room in minutes and were blown away by 1200 square feet of luxury.
The grounds are beautifully landscaped and the pool is huge with a bridge and water curtain under the bridge. The lighting at night is impressive.
The staff was without exception attentive and accomodating. Cudos to whoever does the hiring.
I snorkelled about 4 hours every day right off the resort beach and never tired of it. The reef is endlessly fascinating. The beach is perfect. We almost made it to West End in kayaks.
Loved the local beers which were icy cold and the Pina Coladas and Mojitos were very tasty. The bartenders did a masterful job and always had a friendly word or two. The Fire Dancers were fun and there was good music at Infinity and at bars just down the beach. Felt safe at night on the beach walking between bars or just gazing at the gazillion visible stars.
Don't forget the deet. Sand fleas chewed my ankles the first night but left my friend alone. Go figure. A long sleeve rash shirt is not a bad idea for snorkeling (sea lice and a few tiny jelly-fish). This is one of my favourite places and I have been to a lot of islands. Thank you Infinity Bay for an unforgettable holiday.
P.S. Your omellette man is outstanding!

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed at Infinity Bay from Dec 3rd to 10th and had an excellent time. We were there mainly to dive and did 10 dives with Infinity Divers - they are an excellent operation. I would not hesitate to dive with them again and we are already planning the next visit. I’ve also posted a review on their page if you want more information. The snorkelling is excellent right off the beach and you won’t believe what you will find so close to shore.
We were in a 1 bedroom suite in block 12 It had a full kitchen, living and dining room, 2 bathrooms and a king size bedroom. There was a balcony off the living room and one off the bedroom and both overlooked the pool. We sat on the balcony every evening and it was really relaxing because there was never loud music playing around the pool. The fridge has filtered water and an ice maker and it was really nice to have access to drinking water in our room whenever we wanted it. There isn’t a hair dryer but I had read that from other reviews and brought a travel dryer with me. Other than that there was nothing missing that we would have needed. The room was cleaned really well every day and the grounds were really well maintained. Be careful on the stairs though because the tiles get really slippery when they are wet.
The buffet restaurant was really good. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony of the restaurant for all of our meals and it overlooked the pool and the ocean. The food was tasty and the chef really does seem to take pride in the food. The selection is limited but we really enjoyed what we ate and would rather a limited selection of good food than massed produced low quality food. We went fishing our last day and we brought 2 tuna back for them to cook for us for lunch and they were done perfectly! Medium rare with soya sauce and wasabi on the side. It was delicious and couldn’t have been prepared any better at a fine dining restaurant!
The a la carte was right on the beach beside the bar and the food was good. We ate there one night and then found out you can use the ticket at lunch as well and it’s the exact same menu. Next time we’ll use both tickets at lunch because it’s nice to stay near the beach in the daytime and you can eat at the bar if you want to. There was no dress code enforced that we could see and shorts and sandals were acceptable at dinner.
I had read reviews about limited drink selections but we were never charged for anything. Beer, wine and bar rail liquor are included. You can get wine at the bar as well and it’s not only limited to dinner. I also had a Caesar, mojito and a margarita and we were never asked for a room number – maybe some cocktails are chargeable but we never encountered it.
We took a water taxi into West End for lunch and drinks one afternoon. Chapi’s is now closed and we were heading there for a baleada – we ended up at Cindy’s instead and the baleada was excellent. Sundowner’s still makes the best Margarita’s and it’s a great place to hang out and look at the beach after some shopping. Thanks to Aaron at Sundowner’s for a fun day of fishing. You’ve got a great operation. Go Leaf’s Go!
Since the resort is smaller you get a chance to get to know the staff and the other guests. The staff are really hard working and a great group who really seem pleased to see you and do everything they can to make your stay enjoyable. If you have any specific questions, feel free to send me a message.

Abbotsford, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

Excellent and friendly bar & food service, all the time. Reina is awesome, and so is George :) The resort is the right size, big but not so big that it takes you ten minutes to walk there. The reef for snorkelling is right out front, and the pool is a good size. The food is good also.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!