I'm writing this review while still at Infinity Bay Resort. We came for Christmas. The resort if full but is still able to manage without any chaos. Rick, the general manager, welcomed guests as they arrived and has been present through our stay throughout the resort to make sure everything is running well. The staff seem motivated and all seem very positive and helpful. Their grasp of English is perfect at the front desk and amongst the wait staff. They make you feel very welcome and in a genuine way. Tips are not expected at this all inclusive resort but we find ourselves bringing some extra cash with us to give as tips anyhow. The service is just well deserving of it. The service is actually better than at most a la carte restaurants where tips are expected.
Having stayed at another resort on Roatan last year, our expectations were very low. What a difference! The food at Infinity bay is quality and delicious. Their cook staff are talented and present awesome dishes. Beef is cooked to perfection. Vegetables are crisp. Breakfast bacon is perfect and goes great with their custom omelet bar. We came expecting to loose several pounds and are now planning our diets for when we get home. Food of this quality was certainly not expected in Roatan and certainly not at an all-inclusive resort. Christmas dinner, for example, was just as good (if not better) than what mom would have made in years past.
I'm a divemaster and have dived in lots of places. Diving brought me back to roatan. Infinity Divers is the on-site, PADI dive shop. The equipment is new and well maintained. The dive sites are awesome. Shark dives, wall dives, drift dives, coral dives, shore dives and more are all here and are all some of the best in this part of the world. The dive shop is full service. they rig your gear for you and have it on the boat waiting for you. Just show up and dive.
Rooms are condo apartments and have full kitchens, washer/dryer, separate bedroom, washroom with very nice shower and large living area. Patios and balconies are private and very large. They include nice furniture and are very relaxing. The pool is long and warm and has pool bar sitting. Beer is good and cold and served with a smile.
Try to stop at a grocery store on the way to the resort from the airport to pick up some snacks and treats. Having a full kitchen seems wasted without at least some microwave popcorn to pop.
The beach is world class but does have peddlers selling their stuff to the tourists. unavoidable really. just tell them "no" and they generally leave you alone.
If you don't dive, you should at least snorkel off the shore. Lots to see and do.
Nearby attractions include a jungle/animal adventure, zip line adventures, spas, glass bottom boats etc. You might want to book activities locally rather than through your travel agent....same activities but better prices.
The resort feels safe. I have an 11 year old daughter on this trip and we feel safe letting her go take a dip in the pool as we watch from the patio. It seems very family friendly.
You are welcomed to the resort with drinks and other various treats. A nice cool drink is a nice touch after the 20 minutes bus ride from the roatan airport.
We would not come back to roatan and not stay at Infinity Bay. We have the means and flexibility to choose any resort but feel we could not do better than Infinity. Kudos to Rick and his excellent safe as well as to the dive shop and their great crews.
Hopefully thw quality will continue throughout the rest of our stay here but we're so confident in Infinity that we wanted to put this review out as soon as possible.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Tingo, Travelocity, BookingOdigeoWL, Despegar.com and Venere so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras