My friends and I just returned from this lovely resort on 03Dec.
We travelled with Sunwing Vacations who were there for us every step of the way.
Thank-you Francine and Estelle!
Having travelled to many all inclusives throughout Mexico and the Caribbean I found this resort far more laid back and peaceful than many who cater to the masses. The food was primarily buffet style however each meal was every bit as good as an a la carte meal. We all found the food outstanding in quality.
We had the 1 Bedroom Villa Category which was large and spacious and well appointed.
It's worth spending the extra dollars to upgrade to this category. The Studio's are nice however there is no balcony or patio to sit if you select this category with Sunwing. If you do decide to book this category there are plenty of places to sit around the pool which is gorgeous and very clean. There are plenty of quiet places to sit around the pool and if you want a bit more activity there's always the pool bar at the other end towards the ocean. It's generally open till about 11pm.
The beach was narrower than I expected although very beauitful and great for swimming and snorkelling. There seems to be a bit of a 'Turf War' amongst the local massage ladies on the beach so be firm with your 'No Thank-you' and look away. The hotel is trying to discourage this however it is a public beach. There is always a few security guards nearby to keep them in line if need be.
The overall service at this hotel is outstanding. Everyone from front desk, wait staff at the International Buffet, Beach Bar, La Palapa, maid etc. Mr Rick the GM is doing a great job with his staff. They all like him and it shows. He's a very visible and accessible GM.
If you are tired of huge noisy all inclusives where you need to take a shuttle much less pack a lunch just to go to the beach this is the place for you. It's the largest hotel on the beach although still small compared to some of the monster style properties being built these days hence the good service and quality offered.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo, Travelocity, Venere, BookingOdigeoWL, HotelsClick and Hotels.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras