“Great in every way!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in West Bay
New Jersey
“Great in every way!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I spent a week Nov24th-Dec 1, and had the best time at Infinity Bay. I traveled as a single female in her 50's and have experienced many different types of resorts through the Caribbean and Mexico/

After we were dropped off at the new lobby, which is tastefully done, I was shown to my room #601. My room was a ground floor one bedroom. The room was very clean upon arrival and contained a full kitchen which included a side-by-side refrigerator with in door water/ice. Made staying hydrated really easy and water tasted great. Bathroom was spacious with a standup tile shower. More storage drawer space than the usual resort bathroom. Towels were also of nice quality.
Bedroom contained a king size bed that was firm but not hard. Lot's of drawer and closet space. There is also a safe inside the closet that was very easy to use
The patio has some privacy due to some great landscaping, but still allowed you to look out.

The grounds are very well maintained, and you always are seeing people sweeping and cleaning. The pool is outstanding with plenty of loungers, chairs and tables surrounding it. You will not find any loud obnoxious music playing or so called entertainment staff trying to make you play silly games. Since this was not a big week for school age children, the area around the pool was very peaceful

The beach is a little bit narrower than many beaches, but there are plenty of lounge chairs available. The best thing about this location is that the reef for snorkeling is right off the beach, and very easy access getting into the water.

They have 2 restaurants here. La Palapa is right on the beach and is a combination beach bar/eatery. The bar has 6 TV's with Direct TV hookup, so it was popular with all the football fans over the weekend ( I even got introduced to the Grey Cup) You can choose to eat at the bar or at any of the tables. You can also take food back to your room or get room service...the lava cake is to die for and makes a great late night guilty pleasure. They also have pizza's, sushi and other fun food and drinks.The Sea Bass was also very well prepared. I always got excellent service from behind the bar from Sasha,Kirby, and Puma, and waiters Eldon, Reana and Jaimie were always helpful but NEVER made us feel rushed.(sorry Jamie that we made you stay late one night) Special props to Rocsia, the bar and food manager, who checked every day to make sure everything was alright. ( I know I missed some names, but too many Monkey La La's does that)

There is also a buffet restaurant recently open. Visitors with Sunwing have this available as an all exclusive, but any other guest like myself can also purchase one of their meals here. The room is on the floor above the lobby and you have a choice of sitting inside or out. I had breakfast and dinner there. The selection may not be as plentiful and diverse as many are used to in an "all inclusive", but everything there is prepared well. This was actually the first place in the Caribbean that I actually could eat the scrambled eggs from a chafing dish. They also had an omelet station. Also...anything that is chocolate is to die for, really. I gave the chef ( I can't spell his name) a big hug on my last night.

We also had entertainment on a few of the nights, but no splashy shows or attempts to embarrass people, just some good singers/bands that you can enjoy but do not overpower.

I also have to commend the GM Rick on his constant availability and access to his guests. Any comments or suggestions we may have made he took very seriously.

I will be back, hopefully sooner than later. Please give Scruff and Ruby an ear scratch from me.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (442)
Austin, Texas, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Infinity bay is an absolutely fine place if large resorts are your thing. My husband and I went there on our honeymoon, and aside from a few complaints about Roatan in general (everything is expensive, there are too many cruise ships, and it's hard to get a sense of the local culture--Utila might have been more our scene) it was a nice place. It's clean, large, stainless steel condo-style appliances, it has American TV, a nice pool. The food is average, but pricey (their cerviche was good), and I found that Smugglers down the road and Celeste's Island Cuisine across the street were far better nacho/baleida/lobster type meals for a better price (for example, I could tell the chips at Smugglers were made right there). It gets a little noisy at night as well. There is snokeling and dive gear available.

Probably the best part of infinity bay was the beautiful beach it is on. It is on a truly lovely part of the island. We had a good time doing activities through the hotel. Overall our only complaint is that we generally enjoy family owned bed and breakfast type places more (where it feels a little more personal), but it was our first time planning a major vacation and could have done a better job doing our research!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Dear Constance,

Thank you very much to take the time to share you feedback,

Infinity Bay does have many more amenities to offer its guests vs. a very small or cabin-type hotel but we are not a giant resort.....we only have 145 units and we look at our property as a small community. There are cruise ships that visit the island and its needed to help substaine a fragile economy. Unlike other resorts and restaurants we rarely sell access to our beach in effort to protect our guest experiences.

We do offer a modern facility that is clean and comfortable with amenities to enhance your vacation. Our million dollar water purification system will really enhances your time at Infinity Bay...drink from the tap and enjoy with no worries!

Best regards
Rick Kolinsky
Cambridge, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

Just returned from Roatan and our stay at Infinity Bay. Overall it was a very good experience with the weather being the biggest negative but we knew this could be a problem.

Flight down with Sunwing was good and service was fine.

Transfer from the hotel was quick and it was about 25 minutes from the airport to the hotel.

Check in was fast and easy with very pleasant staff.

### Special note here### The property has its own water purification system. You can drink the water from the taps no problem. For those of you that have traveled to the Caribbean and Central America you can understand this is a huge bonus. For this alone I recommend the property overall the rest on the beach.

The rooms were well appointed and the maid did an excellent job every day.
The food was above average for the Caribbean with the exception of the Beach Restaurant as the meals there were subpar and in 2 cases not even edible.
The snorkeling is fantastic and I would recommend to everyone to purchase a snorkeling set before you go down as the first time you do it you will want to do it every day. The price to rent is good at $10 per day but heck you can get a half decent set on EBay for $80.

We took a trip to West End, the closet real town, and there is not a lot to do there as you can tell this spot is still unknown and developing so go now before you find a Starbucks on every corner.
We also did the South Shore zip lining. Great experience and very easy for all ages with very good staff. Money well spent at $55 per person.
The pool was a bit cool but it had been raining for 3 weeks so that is not unexpected. Lot's of chairs no fighting required to get a couple.
The beer was cold and the bar staff were excellent. I will say though that the bar closes early as it is not a hugely busy spot as most guest crash early as they are going scuba diving the next day.

Overall I would rate the property as follows;

Room 4+ stars.
Food 4 Stars. (The beach restaurant stopped it from being a 5)
The Property 5 stars.
Location on the beach 5 stars.
Things to do 4 stars (unless you are there for the snorkeling or scuba then it’s a 5+).
Staff 5 staff.

Overall experience 4+ stars.

Room Tip: Stay closer to the beach
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Warwick
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

I came to Infinity Bay for the second time and my plans were for one week and I couldn't leave...so I extended my stay for 3 extra nights and changed my flight. The location is exceptional, the staff was beyond expectations and the food was the best I have ever had on vacation, from their new buffet restaurant to the beach grill - hats off to Chef Josue!
While staying here I made some of the best quality friends I have met in years. We are already planning a reunion vacation this summer. The security team are extremely pleasant and professional...we felt safe 24 hours a day. Sasha, Puma and Juan at the bar were so accommodating. Even my housekeeper was a joy.
Entertainment was a blast on the beach....especially Christopher on Friday night. Management has created a wonderful culture at Infinity Bay.
When we return it will not be soon enough!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Callander, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2012

My wife and I with our good friends have been visiting this little island for the past 5 years in a row! we spend 2 weeks every year here because there is no place anywhere that can beat it as far as we are concerned.between the four of us we have travelled the entire west indies and more!My buddy Mark found this area and told us about it 5 to 6 years ago.Never heard of it so all the more better to visit and check it out! and now everyone has shot their mouths off about the place and of course now its the new hot spot! as far as im concerned the less people that come here the better but i know thats not going to happen. So when you do visit our little hide away please leave your attitudes and high expectations at home because(HELLO) you will be on island time!! not Newyork time(which is twice as long!!!) The people of roatan are #1. We have rented cars and covered the whole island and we have never been dissapointed about anything other than our holiday was going to end eventually. We scuba dive with TGI (Say hey to Lindey) and IB (Say hey to Ricardo) we park at Infinity Bay and eat everywhere.Lots of golf at the Black Pearl.awesome! We booked again!See all you guys again Feb 4 to the 18th 2013.

Room Tip: We have always stayed in the same room for the past 5 years. we know what we are getting.As far away...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Greenville, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

We didn't stay overnight but enjoyed all of the amenities....food from the bar was excellent...had an angus burger that was fantastic. The infinity pool is gorgeous and the staff is courteous.....
Hope to return soon.....

Room Tip: Stay nearer to the beach...but the entire place is great.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Hawthorn Woods, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My first review here but I have traveled for over 40 years. My wife & I visited Infinity Bay in March 2012 and we enjoyed it so much we came back at the end of October for another week. Infinity Bay is a Condominium Resort with a beautiful location, excellent accommodations and a top notch staff. All for a very affordable price. The second largest Great Barrier Reef in the World is just a few yards off shore. You can lounge by the beach or pool, snorkel all day or scuba dive without breaking the bank and when your done you can stop by the bar and buy a beer for about $2.00. Everyone is friendly, you can safely walk the beach to other restaurants and resorts day or night. Rookie travelers not familiar with "Island Time" may think the service is a little slow but as far as I am concered it's all part of the charm and compared to places like the Bahamas the staff here is flying. PS. If you vacation at Infinity Bay, tell them Mike & Eileen sent you :-)

Room Tip: Take you pick - No bad rooms that I could see
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 30, 2012
Dear Micheal,
The entire staff especially the bar team was stoked to read your review. It was an honor to have hosted you on your special vacation. Our new international Buffet is now open serving culinary delights everyday. We look forward to seeing you again at the Palapa Beach Bar enjoying life and not worried about what the time is!

Best,

Fantasy Island Beach Resort
Fantasy Island Beach Resort
#5 of 5 in French Harbour
3.5 of 5 stars 622 reviews

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!