I spent a week Nov24th-Dec 1, and had the best time at Infinity Bay. I traveled as a single female in her 50's and have experienced many different types of resorts through the Caribbean and Mexico/
After we were dropped off at the new lobby, which is tastefully done, I was shown to my room #601. My room was a ground floor one bedroom. The room was very clean upon arrival and contained a full kitchen which included a side-by-side refrigerator with in door water/ice. Made staying hydrated really easy and water tasted great. Bathroom was spacious with a standup tile shower. More storage drawer space than the usual resort bathroom. Towels were also of nice quality.
Bedroom contained a king size bed that was firm but not hard. Lot's of drawer and closet space. There is also a safe inside the closet that was very easy to use
The patio has some privacy due to some great landscaping, but still allowed you to look out.
The grounds are very well maintained, and you always are seeing people sweeping and cleaning. The pool is outstanding with plenty of loungers, chairs and tables surrounding it. You will not find any loud obnoxious music playing or so called entertainment staff trying to make you play silly games. Since this was not a big week for school age children, the area around the pool was very peaceful
The beach is a little bit narrower than many beaches, but there are plenty of lounge chairs available. The best thing about this location is that the reef for snorkeling is right off the beach, and very easy access getting into the water.
They have 2 restaurants here. La Palapa is right on the beach and is a combination beach bar/eatery. The bar has 6 TV's with Direct TV hookup, so it was popular with all the football fans over the weekend ( I even got introduced to the Grey Cup) You can choose to eat at the bar or at any of the tables. You can also take food back to your room or get room service...the lava cake is to die for and makes a great late night guilty pleasure. They also have pizza's, sushi and other fun food and drinks.The Sea Bass was also very well prepared. I always got excellent service from behind the bar from Sasha,Kirby, and Puma, and waiters Eldon, Reana and Jaimie were always helpful but NEVER made us feel rushed.(sorry Jamie that we made you stay late one night) Special props to Rocsia, the bar and food manager, who checked every day to make sure everything was alright. ( I know I missed some names, but too many Monkey La La's does that)
There is also a buffet restaurant recently open. Visitors with Sunwing have this available as an all exclusive, but any other guest like myself can also purchase one of their meals here. The room is on the floor above the lobby and you have a choice of sitting inside or out. I had breakfast and dinner there. The selection may not be as plentiful and diverse as many are used to in an "all inclusive", but everything there is prepared well. This was actually the first place in the Caribbean that I actually could eat the scrambled eggs from a chafing dish. They also had an omelet station. Also...anything that is chocolate is to die for, really. I gave the chef ( I can't spell his name) a big hug on my last night.
We also had entertainment on a few of the nights, but no splashy shows or attempts to embarrass people, just some good singers/bands that you can enjoy but do not overpower.
I also have to commend the GM Rick on his constant availability and access to his guests. Any comments or suggestions we may have made he took very seriously.
I will be back, hopefully sooner than later. Please give Scruff and Ruby an ear scratch from me.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, HotelTravel.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras