Just returned from Roatan and our stay at Infinity Bay. Overall it was a very good experience with the weather being the biggest negative but we knew this could be a problem.
Flight down with Sunwing was good and service was fine.
Transfer from the hotel was quick and it was about 25 minutes from the airport to the hotel.
Check in was fast and easy with very pleasant staff.
### Special note here### The property has its own water purification system. You can drink the water from the taps no problem. For those of you that have traveled to the Caribbean and Central America you can understand this is a huge bonus. For this alone I recommend the property overall the rest on the beach.
The rooms were well appointed and the maid did an excellent job every day.
The food was above average for the Caribbean with the exception of the Beach Restaurant as the meals there were subpar and in 2 cases not even edible.
The snorkeling is fantastic and I would recommend to everyone to purchase a snorkeling set before you go down as the first time you do it you will want to do it every day. The price to rent is good at $10 per day but heck you can get a half decent set on EBay for $80.
We took a trip to West End, the closet real town, and there is not a lot to do there as you can tell this spot is still unknown and developing so go now before you find a Starbucks on every corner.
We also did the South Shore zip lining. Great experience and very easy for all ages with very good staff. Money well spent at $55 per person.
The pool was a bit cool but it had been raining for 3 weeks so that is not unexpected. Lot's of chairs no fighting required to get a couple.
The beer was cold and the bar staff were excellent. I will say though that the bar closes early as it is not a hugely busy spot as most guest crash early as they are going scuba diving the next day.
Overall I would rate the property as follows;
Room 4+ stars.
Food 4 Stars. (The beach restaurant stopped it from being a 5)
The Property 5 stars.
Location on the beach 5 stars.
Things to do 4 stars (unless you are there for the snorkeling or scuba then it’s a 5+).
Staff 5 staff.
Overall experience 4+ stars.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West End, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? We have a special rate from October 10 to December 15 at 20% discount. Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia and HotelsClick so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.