“Relaxed and Friendly” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in West Bay
Toronto, Canada
“Relaxed and Friendly”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We vacationed here from Nov. 12 - 19th. We were greeted at the airport by Estelle from Sunwing and taken on a crazy half hour drive to the resort. The views were worth it though! After dropping off the other passengers to their resorts, it was a relief to see that we were staying at the best place. It was a nice touch to be greeted by the resorts management and staff.
Our accommodation was very new , clean and comfortable. Especially liked the kitchen and the comfy bed.The only thing missing from the room was a hairdryer and an iron. I went to Reception before dinner to inquire about them and they were in our room when we returned
for the night.
We had excellent service by the wait staff and the food was the best we've had at any resort.The Fire dancers, Video dance party and the band that played on our last night were all fun evenings of entertainment.
The best thing "The Bonus", was it was great to just snorkel right out in front of the resort, the reef is right there!
The staff were gracious and friendly and made our stay relaxed and fun. We would recommend staying at Infinity Bay.

Room Tip: We were at the condo farthest from the beach and pool. We always had a quiet nights sleep.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (360)
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Traveled to this amazing resort with my husband and mother-in-law from Nov 5-12, 2012 and we had a wonderful vacation. We were the first from Canada to be at the resort for their all inclusive package. What an amazing job they did! Still a little bit of construction in the main building area, but never really noticed.
The buffet restaurant wasn't quite finish when we arrived, and within a couple of sittings they had it down, they were able to serve us what we needed without any really complains.
We really appreciate how accommodating the staff was ESPECIALLY the Food & Beverage Manager Marc. I can’t thank you enough for all that you did. It was always so great to be greeted by him and his staff and have them ask if all was okay and if there was anything else that they could do. YOU GUYS ALL ROCK! …
The owner of the resort greeted us upon arrival and it was so great to chat with him. The General Manager Rick was super personable and helpful. Tommy…Well all I can say is SUPER nice and energetic 
Chef…ABSOLUTELY AMAZING! …The food was by far the best that we have ever had at any resort. Thanks again for the cooking class…My mother-in-law is still talking about your food (coming from being a chef/cook herself that says a lot about the food). The food quality and taste was awesome. The ENTIRE staff was exceptional!
The resort was beautiful…the pool and grounds are well looked after.
We came here for the snorkeling…and WOW it was BEAUTIFUL…Beach and Ocean was real PARADISE (rain or shine)..The snorkeling off the beach was the best I have ever seen. Simply amazing!
The only thing that is a must bring is insect repellent.
The Gumbalimba Park was lovely to go to…interacting with the Monkey’s was a lot of fun and a MUST do..
We will definitely come back again!
Many thanks to all that made our trip a wonderful experience...See you all soon
Sandy, Duarte & Mama Odilia

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Barrie, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

We spent 1 week at Infinity Bay (Nov 12 – Nov 19, 2012) and had a fantastic time. I will definitely return! One of, if not the nicest resort on the island. Our group had several adults, teen and youth in our party. We were on an all-inclusive package out of Toronto on Sunwing, and the 2nd group to enjoy the new dining room and food package. The value was fantastic for the money – please remember that we likely got a fantastic rate and I don’t know if those rates will continue. The resort is going through a bit of growing pains with the new all-inclusive, but my compliments to the resort for a job well down!

Accommodations were high-end, food selection a little limited for the all-inclusive but good quality. Excursions available were great, safe beach for adults and kids alike for swimming, snorkeling and walking. Some entertainment on site nightly and most afternoons, but we did make a point of going up the beach. Check out the Thirsty Turtle on Sunday nights for the crab races & fire dancer. There are vendors on the beach, but they are pretty good with a solid ‘no thank you’. If they are troubling you, let the resort security know. Most locals are very friendly and not overly pushy. English is widely spoken. US currency dominates tourist areas. There are cruise ships to the island, try to book your excursions around them. A few came in, and were of no consequence to us. They go mostly to another beach now and not West Bay. Avi the Activities director is great at trying to advise you on best days for excursions. There are bugs. They only seemed to be bothersome at the beach area around feet / ankles. There are mixed reports that Deet harms the coral, so if possible try to use non-deet bug spray. One word of caution – If you are looking to be highly entertained, have a jam-packed agenda, with lots of partying and drinking, likely not the destination for you. If you are looking for low-key, snorkeling, scuba, walks on the beach, relaxing with friends and drinks – right up your alley! This is my 2nd (and not last) trip to Roatan as an avid diver. The staff at Infinity Bay were friendly (my compliments to Dishon at the beach bar, Avi our activities director, and my servers in the dining room). A little tipping goes a long way there – and is appreciated. This is a relatively new “all-inclusive” resort, they are going through growing pains, but the dedication and attempts to make things right is well appreciated. More details:

ACCOMMODATIONS: Upgrade to the 1 bedroom villa. You will not be disappointed. It has a full kitchen, pull out sofa. Some units have access to laundry (ours did not, so don’t count on it). There is a dishwasher – no soap, so bring a couple small cubes for the dishwasher if you plan to eat in your room which we did not. Room has the basics for pots, pans, dishes, glasses, mugs, coffee maker and toaster. NOTE – there is a tiny shop with food in a plaza walking distance but it is not a full grocery store. If you want full groceries, have your taxi stop at the grocery store on your way in. The place is luxurious with pillow top mattress, clean. Tip your maid, and they’ll clean even better & give extra towels.

FOOD: there is the new all–inclusive dining room (I think soon to be open for all folks). Buffet style meals – a little limited on selection, but there was always a good meal to be had by North American standards. There is also La Palapa at the beach – the a la carte dinners were good – I recommend the Azteca soup. I think I preferred the dining hall meals. The drinks do NOT include premium drinks. (i.e. beer, rum and vodka is included, but drinks like the Monkey-lala and Mojitos are not). Ask before ordering each time. Water is filtered / drink the bottled water. A couple folks in our group of 6 were a little 'off', until we switched to ONLY eating the cooked fruit and vegetables.

EXCURSIONS: Good selection. I was there for diving. The on site dive shop is great! Our dive master Adam was fantastic and patient with the new divers in the group. I dove with other dive masters last year (Lindy and Ricardo) who were also great. You can learn to dive onsite / get your PADI certification! The shop rents snorkeling gear as well. We were there in the off season, so sizing was not an issue. They offer full valet service (take your gear to the boat, hook up, remove from boat, rinse & stow). I cannot emphasize how great the service is! Sign up for your dives on-site in case you don’t know how many dives you might get in. The waves were choppy when we were there, so the shop took efforts to arrange diving on the other side of the island. I’m told April is the best time for getting broader selection of fish. They offer a shark dive with reef sharks that is not available anywhere else in the world. For snorkeling the beach has some of the best snorkeling right off shore. Remember to go out past the second buoy. Folks in our group went to Gumbalimba park for ziplining & monkey time. It’s a great trip for the kids and young teens. We did the dolphin snorkel as well – little pricey but still fun. It surpasses the quality and cleanliness of other dolphin swims. My understanding is the dolphins are free to come and go as they please. Its’ located at Anthony’s Key, has an onsite museum (tiny) and Marine Institute well recognized for their research. If you’ve swam with dolphins before (i.e. Cuba) this surpasses that experience.

NEARBY & THE BEACH: Snorkeling just out front is great. For better, head toward the wall at the west. Bring bug spray (preferably non-deet). We didn’t see a lot of mosquitos, but I got a few bites on my ankles and feet. We walked up & down the beach early morning (sunrise) and after dark. It gets dark by 6pm. Bring a flashlight. We felt safe and had no issues. There is a bit of shopping in a plaza nearby and a beach market at the east end offers trinkets and tshirts. Visit the Hungry Monkey for North American subs, ice cream and hot dogs. Penelope’s has some unique jewelry. There are restaurants up the beach. Our favourite ‘pub’ style remains the Thirsty Turtle. Walk up to the very end on the beach for the market – Tshirts and jewelry. The vendors can be a little pushy – especially with hair braiding. We went to West End for a bit of shopping and night life. Turns out the bars were all on ‘prohibition’. They cannot serve alcohol before an election. Be sure to visit in the day to check out the shops. My last word of caution – don’t go to Coxen hole after dark, and certainly don’t be flashing high end electronics and cell phones. The island is quite safe, however I prefer to stay to the tourist zones after dark!

SPA is across the road and is North American prices. One person in our group used the facility and was impressed. I chose not to due to the prices being comparable to back home.

Room Tip: Upgrade to the 1 bedroom villa! Request to overlook the pool. Beach bar can be a little noisy at nig...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
usa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

guy,s i had the best time of my life ever and really thing that u shoul give it a try it,s best to see for ur self.the best sun rise ever and the best sun set ever ever u will love it i promise u that the sea food is absolutely yummy its the best i ever had and i ben to lots of sea food place all over but thres none like roatan guy,s u will love it i promise two lobster tail for only $20 u cant beat that so go have some fun

Room Tip: cornor suites are larger and sunny and u can see the sun set every evening and the sun rise every mo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Chandler, Arizona
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

We spent 2 weeks at Infinity Bay in Roatan(Oct 27 to Nov 10th)
Pros:
• Snorkeling/Diving - this was the most important for me, as thats the main reason I go to these type of vacation locations. What was interesting is right in front of the resort there are a set of 3 buoys in a line going about 25 yards, 50 yards, 150 yards; a lot of the guests stayed within the first buoy which was just your normal sand and sea grass, but if you swim out past the 2nd buoy you actually enter a real nice reef with lots of corals and fish. But I quickly noticed that if you dive they pull out from the dock, swing over to the 3rd buoy and tie up. So I definetly recommend snorkeling out to there and you will see the same stuff as if diving and can swim between 2 or 3 of the main dive sites that are basically parellel to the beach at that distance. I didn't even end up diving since I was seeing the same stuff.
• Warm Water - This was a suprise as I thought it was going to be closer to 80, but ended up being around 86. The only time it was colder was right after Hurricane Sandy went by and the water was all chummed up.
• Staff - The Staff was very nice too us.Because my Girlfriend always tried to converse in Spanish, they would always try and help out and teach her new sayings.
• Larger Room - The suite we had was great, though under Cons you'll see small room. Thats because when we first arrived they put us in a super small suite. They imediately moved us when we asked about it. The 2nd suite was on the 2nd floor which is good because it keeps you away from the mesquito's. The layout was nice,; with a full kitchen, dinning area, living room, 1 bedroom, and 1 bathroom.
• Food within walking distance -the first week we were at the resort the only place to eat was at there beach bar/resteraunt, which had basic foods and drinks. The 2nd week they opened the new resteraunt on the 2nd floor of the main building (though this was only useable by guests with a food pass, they said it would open for all in Jan 2013). There are ~10 more resteraunts along the beack within a 1/4 mile which we randomly went to for food, giving us plenty of choices.
• Cost / local store - the cost of food was around USA prices, $8 for chicken sandwich to $35 for surf and turf. We went to the local store next to the resort, prices were pretty like USA there also; $1.50 for 2 liter soda, $12 for bottle of wine.
Cons:
• Small Room - As mentioned above, we were put in a small room when we first arrived, all I can say is I would have been upset to spend 2 weeks in this room. But the premium suite was perfect. Just make sure you know what your getting.
• Beach Merchants - This was a big irritant for me, but I don' t like people, so to be constantly asked if I want a massage or to by jewelry gets irritating. On that note, the resort was doing what it could on a public beach. They had security that would not let the merchants hound you, a solid " no thanks" is all it would take for them to move along.
• Bugs (Fly's, Bee's, Mosquitos) - Bugs are annoying. We didn't have much trouble in our room, being on the 2nd floor. It seemed like we would get bit during our walk from room to beach. So use 100% deet like everyone is mentioning. At meals on the beach, the flies and bee's would come in, but not much problems with mesquitos.
• Thin Walls - The room did seem to have very thin walls. As you could hear every move of a chair, cabinet, TV, normal voice, etc… I sleep with ear plugs so it wasn't to bad, but even then I could hear our neighbors when they got up early.
• Slow Bill - The bill's seem to come a very long time after they clear your table (sometimes 30 mins to an hr), if your talking with your waitor just make sure when they clear your table to ask them for your check.
• Smokers - not that the resort can do much about this, but I'm just amazed at how rude smokers are… You would be sitting on a beautiful beach and someone will come sit right next to you, light up and blow it in your face. We had to move several times due to chain smokers setting up right next to us.
• Tips on Bill Change - while we were there, the resort switched from you deciding the tip, to them automaticly adding it to the bill. Just be aware of this.

Comments:
• Weather - The first 10 days we were there was right after Hurricane Sandy went by. The first couple days the water was chummy and the beaches were covered in seaweed. But the rest of the time the water was still and clear, and beach spotless. The last 4 days it rained solid and beach covered in seaweed. I think during this season you just have to deal with what you get, but its definetly beautiful when it's sunny and calm.
• Drinking Water - We drank the tap water in the room and glasses of water at the bar and resteraunts and never had an issue.
• Cruise ships - While we were there the cruise ships were coming in all day Wed, and morning of Thur. The first week they were canceled and the second week it was raining. They are shuttled to the beach next door but does cause a lot of people walking the beach. Only caution would be to maybe not plan your exursions for those days.
• Airport/Flying - Originally we were looking at flights and all flights for us had a total travel time of 16-18 hrs. Finally I found that if you fly on Saturday they have a couple more flights and go direct from Houston, which dropped the time for us down to 6 hrs. The other thing we ran into was leaving, the flight is at 4:40pm and there are shuttles at 12:30 and 3pm. We took the 12:30 to have the 2 hr lead time. You do not need to do this, as the airport is small. It took 30 secs for check in, 1 min to pay exit tax ($39 per person), 30 secs for imigrations and about 2 mins for security. The airline allowed check in right up till we departed, so the 3pm shuttle would have been fine.
• The New front desk opened while we were there and is much nicer then the basement area they use to check in at.
• The spa is going to be on the 3rd floor, but wasn't going to be open until March 2013.

Room Tip: Room 2nd floor or higher to avoid bugs Make sure to get a premium suite, as the small suite is tiny...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
brroklin ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

Traveled to this resort with my husband from Nov 5-12, 2012 and had a wonderful vacation. We were also a part of the first group as all inclusive. Francine from Sunwing was very informative and helpful with any questions we had. Francine if your reading this "have a ceasar for me "!!! Accomodations were very comfortable-definately exceded our expectations. The meals we found to be very good..nice variety-no complaints at all. The grounds here are well manicured and simply gorgeous. The staff are extremely polite and great at what they do !!! Rick & Tommy made us feel very welcome and are doing their very best to make everyones stay a great experience. We will definately return to this resort!
Sue & John

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2012

We were the first from Canada to be at the resort for the all inclusive package. What an amazing job they did! The room was the best we've ever stayed in. The food quality and taste was second to none of anywhere we have stayed. The staff was exceptional.Curtious and polite and always there to greet you. Especially the staff at the brand new buffet restaurant. The resort was beautiful. The pool and grounds were well looked after. Still a little bit of construction with the main building, but never really noticed. Check in and check out was quick. Our Sunwing Reps were fantastic and on site twice a day to help you or book excursions. The hotel also had some different excursions you could go on. The beach was very nice. The snorkeling off the beach was the best I have ever seen. Simply amazing. They have scuba diving on site as well and can scuba right off the beach if you wish.
The only issue we had was with the balcony sliding door lock that did not work, which we let management know about. Only after we let our Sunwing rep Francine know after a couple of times we talked to management and it not being fixed was the lock fixed. Well done Francine!
The only thing that is a must bring is insect repellant. If you do not have it on, you will be bitten. This is an island wide thing and is no way a negative for this resort. Just a word of advise to bring it and use it.
The park was lovely to go to. The zip lining was a blast. We did not get to go on the island tour but heard from others that it was very good.
Over all this was a great vacation at a beautiful resort. Would stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!