“Surely Paradise!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in West Bay
NJ
“Surely Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

Infinity Bay is a beach resort on West Bay Beach. This rental resort on the beach and is absolutely extremely desirable! The grounds are manicured and beautiful with flowering shrubs and lush greens. The beach and pool are a place of total relaxation! The beach is a white pristine sand and kept clean. The rental unit we rented was a one bedroom facing the beach and pool. Not that many units are beach front as this was. One flight up with an amazing marble, tile and stainless steel applianced kitchen. The stonework beautiful! The balcony was a wrap around where we relaxed at night. The furniture was comfortable and well kept. We rented from VRBO and knew a lot about the island before getting there as the owner supplied us with lots of info. There was an outdoor patio bar and place to have something to eat. Very casual and the food was decent. The waiters were friendly and the managers very helpful. Tap water was fine to drink! You can stop at Eldon's Supermarket on your way there from the airport and stock up on somethings so get you thru the munchies while you are there! The snorkeling right off the beach there was fun and enjoyable...infact is was really good. There were schools of colorful fish and my boyfriend who isn't a "diver" had fun on the reef there the several times he went out. The weekends tend to get crowded at the resort as Hondurans come over from the mainland and it becomes a very family oriented place. We arrived on a Saturday and were worried we'd e subjected to a week long vacation of crowds and kids running about but by Sunday afternoon we had the place to ourselves! For real....many days we were the only ones in the pool!! There may be a day when the cruise ships are in that the beach may crowd up for a few hours but by 3PM they are gone! But trust me it wasn't a problem! I needed a relaxing, quiet, calm, laid back vacation and this was it! Infinity Bay Resort is the nicest place on the island and all the locals say it's the most beautiful beach on Roatan.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (412)
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2012

We came to Infinity bay through a Sunwing package we found online. Lets start with the good, when we arrived everyone was pleasant and the flight arrived an hour early. The rooms were much larger then we were expecting and all the inroom amenities were up to standard. The staff at the bar were very friendly, especially Reina and Deshawn. The food selection in the buffets were good but I wish there was more restaurants and the times were different. Reception was very helpful aswell when we had some issues with our room.

Now for the bad. The reception building and restaurant was unfinished. We were not told by sun wing that this would be the case and we would be guinea pigs. It has also been raining for the past 4 days so there has not been much to do. The sunwing intro talk in the morning was not as informative as I had hoped and I wish I had slept in that morning. I am also disappointed in Sunwings activities, they were more expensive then the resort for the exact same thing and I felt a bit like cattle in the herd. We spoke to the activities director of the resort, a nice guy from Toronto named Avi and he helped us do a couple things despite the weather. We were a bit worried about the cruise ships this week but I guess due to the rain they did not come on the beach. Still beats the cold! Overall we had a good time, and if the weather had been better I am sure it would have made a world of difference. We will try and come back when its not rainy season and hopefully snorkel more!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Dear Honey C,
Thank so very much for taking the time to complete a review a few days before your departure. We are very appreciative for your ratings of 5 out 5 stars in the six categories…the entire staff is very proud of this. We have two restaurants, one being the International Buffet featuring fresh food from around the world with carving and action stations for all three meal periods, the Palapa Beach Bar and Grill – where you are entitled to two ala carte dinners. In addition to this there are snacks served from 10am to noon and 2pm to 5pm each day on the beach.

This was Sunwings maiden voyage to Infinity Bay and there were some details to finalize and we did some growing pains. We all had a great time making new friends from Canada. I have spoken to weather department and on your return trip they have promised us much more sunshine.

Thanks again and safe travels!
Rick Kolinsky
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

It all began with a really poor introduction to the property.... After pulling up to some sort of unsigned backdoor off-season service entrance, we had a disagreement with the taxi driver / thief who was trying to extort money from us unfairly. We thought for sure such activity would not occur in front of a hotel security guard and a bellhop....but in fact it did. And the indifference expressed by the guard, and the seemingly complicit actions by the very angry looking bellhop, only served to worsen the situation. This left a sour taste for the duration of our stay.

Now for the good.... And more not good:

The swimming pool is likely the best on roatan. (I've stayed multiple other places,
From dorm rooms to private beachside cabanas). Kudos. My two year old loved it.

Rooms are condo-like apartments....spacious, well appointed in a mid-2000s travertine and stainless kind of way. Pretty decent views if you don't get stuck with a "garden view" (read: street view of construction sites). Why would they put anyone in such a crappy view room when half the property is empty?!

The beach is great.... Walk left and enjoy some seclusion.... At least until phase two of their plans is executed!

The food is awful.... Even butchering huevos and frijoles. Go figure.

Anyway.... Amazing fish tacos on the beach are a 5min walk away.

Ants.... More ants.... Ants in my room!
Watch out!

Hope you get a good deal on your stay here....

• Stayed November 2012
Akron ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

Wife and I just returned from great week at Infinity Bay. This is a first class operaton on a beautiful strech of beach. Grounds and room spotless. Food and drink at the beach bar/restaurant very good and reasonably priced. The snorkling right off the beach incredible. Sevice was top notch. Other restaurants within easy walking distance on beach-no shoes required. We have traveled extensively throughout the carribean- This island and resort have moved to the top of our list-we will definitly be back. Only downside was weather could have been better-Nov is rainy season but a little rain could not dampen our love of this place.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My girlfriend and I just got back from a week long vacation at Infinity Bay and we both have nothing but great things to say about it and the island. First off, the sales manager Tommy Bauer is an awesome guy who makes everyone feel very welcomed. Having lived on the island for 18 years, Tommy has many great stories to share and he certainly knows his way around Roatan. Make sure to chat him up!

In addition to other great people like Tommy who work at the resort (Edward and Sasha, both bartenders, are also awesome), the condos are KILLER. Stonework. Marble. Dark wood cabinetry. Large patio. Open kitchen. Stainless steel appliances. The list goes on and on.

Not to be outdone by great people and great lodging, the amenities at and around Infinity Bay are quite possibly the best around. We kept it low key, chilling by the beach and pool most of the time, and we still managed to do all sorts of things, like snorkeling and SNUBAing the reefs in front of Infinity Bay's beach; renting a car through Infinity Bay for $35 a day and visiting the Iguana Farm and Eldon's Supermarket (the best supermarket on the island); and watching live music. Make sure to go to Banarama on Sunday nights, around 6, to participate in crab races and watch local fire-dancer Paul Abdel do his thing on the beach. Paul is also a very talented artist who makes impressive and intricate mosaics that are scattered throughout the island, some of which are at the Vintage Pearl, a gourmet restaurant near Infinity Bay that is a must if you want to have the best meal in West Bay. His jewelry is very good, too. We both picked up bracelets.

I can easily go on about all the things we really loved about Infinity Bay, but based on the other reviews, it looks as though other people have covered it. This is definitely a place you will enjoy!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

This is a great place to stay overall. It's location is excellent since it's right on west bay beach. The rooms are great, with full kitchens or kitchenettes. Beautiful stonework and tile everywhere. Awesome infinity pool with waterfall. I stayed with family including kids and they all loved it. The only thing I did not like was that the price was just a little bit too high when you start adding up all the taxes and fees. I also had a little bit of a problem with one of the waiters at the palapa bar, who insisted on me adding the bill onto my room account when I wanted to pay cash or credit at the bar. He even told me that the register was not working, so he had to add it to my room account. Then I immeadiately went to administration who told me that there was no problem with the registers and I was able to pay there with my credit card. Not sure why the waiter did that, but I just found it a little weird. Other than that, it's a truly beautiful place.

• Stayed November 2011
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Dear Kio23,
On behalf of the entire staff thank you very much for taking the time to share your experiences. I see that you stayed with us in November of 2011 and I can assure you that the issue you encountered was resolved a long time ago. We apologize for any inconvienance that you may have experienced.
We are all very proud that you had an excellent time while visiting Infinity Bay and Roatan. We hope to see you back sometime soon!

Best regards,

Rick Kolinsky, GM
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

I spent one of the best weeks of my life at Infinity Bay, Sept.1-8th,2012. I can't wait to rebook. The staff were wonderful including the manager Rick who went out of his way to be available and friendly to all guests. Rick actually went out of his way to make me feel comfortable. The accommodations here are not the expected carribean normal. They are posh, sophisticated and upscale. The grounds, pool and beach are pristine and well maintained. I didn't have one bug bite the entire week nor did I see any insects bothering anyone. The beach was clean at all times. The dining area is casual and well fitting the feel of Roatan. That being said, the food was excellent. Avi, the activities coordinator is on hand to make any desired trip you can dream up. All things can be charged to the room including most excursions. This resort sits on the best beach on the island and diving can be done right in front of Infinity which I did three times that week. The snorkelling off the beach is better than any boat trip I've taken. The people who own some of the units are so friendly and were very open to including visitors such as myself to dinner trips and other adventures. Here is my litmus test. The pool was absolutely gorgeous yet I never went in it because the beach/ocean was that pristine and beautiful!!!! Had the best time ever and am thinking of returning for Xmas. Rick, remember your new friend from Pittsburgh when I book again!!! See you all soon. Dawn M.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!