“4 times now, twice this year.” 5 of 5 stars

Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort
3.5 of 5 Resort   |   West Bay Beach | Island of Roatan, West Bay, Honduras   |
Ranked #3 of 13 Hotels in West Bay
Lawrence, Kansas, United States
“4 times now, twice this year.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2012

Infinitybay, Roatan, Honduras - A long n skinny Island
Always in search of nice and reasonable stay.
Jannah n I met on Guam back in 1969 which is a tropical island. We've traveled a fair amount with both our parents being Air Force. For us, Hawaii, Jamaica, St. Kitts, Grand Cayman, Cancun, Playa, Peurta Virlarta, etc. We love to snorkel. This is the 1st place we've ever found where you can walk out to the beach, put on your gear, and go straight out and any way you want to go. No tours needed. You will see lots of marine life and coral. Roatan is known for diving for those with that passion. We've seen just about everything but sharks. There are 2 reef drops right out front. 1st dropoff is around 40' 2nd reef drop goes down 150'+/- which is just 200 yards out. We have seen Turtles, eels, baracudas, tuna, sea bass, parot fish, sea snakes, octopus, lobster, puffer fish, sting rays, eagle rays, n lots of fish I have no idea what they are.
One of the things I really like about West End is that it is at "the west end of the island" which means the ocean current is moving away from you so the water in front of resort is usually very calm making it easy for young 2 year olds and older people to get in and swim. It also makes for easier snorkeling and clearer water to see 150' to bottom is you wonder your fins out to the dropoff like I do on a regular daily basis.
InfinityBay
Infinitybay is in a bay area called "West Bay" which is maybe 300 yards of beach. It is the newest place there and in the best spot. Sun sets in front over beach because the beach faces West. We like to stay in condos wherever we go because they are more layed back and rarely crowded compared to resorts. I am a homebuilder and these places are pretty nice and well built. They treat their own water (reverse osmosis?) so you can drink and eat anything at the resort. Their infinity pool is long allowing for easy walkin access at far in end for little ones and older ones with the sit at bar feature at beach end. The premises are kept us nicely. The help is very polite and helpful. Most all serving help speaks English or Spanish of course. We would be a buyer of a condo but still in recovery mode as a homebuilder here in USA. All rooms are fully furnished. Internet (hard line) in each room and wifi available in most areas at infinitybay. You can use US dollars the whole stay. Lots of restaurants up and down the West Bay. Next bay to east is West End where there are lots of restaurants n bars to go to with a simple water taxi ride from small dock. Zip lines, caves, monkeys, scooters. If you get bored, it would be your fault. The wife and I are beach bums and rarely venture beyond our bay, WHY? We are already in the best spot...
Air Travel
Flights from Atlanta, Houston, and Denver will drop you right on island. 30 minute bus ride to infnitybay. They provide bus travel for free,but for $25 taxi ride, you can be there faster and easier.
Cons
*Bus ride to and from the airport is an experience. Need to do at least once. lOL.
*It is a tropical island which measn it rains off and on. Having met my wife on Guam, the sun can shine on you while you get rained on. Most rains are brief or done before noon.
*Tropical island also means bugs. Although the only ones I can say to be aware of would be sand flees and flies which are easly held at bay with repellant on your ankles. Mosquitos a little but only early am or late pm. Just like home.
*They will finish the main building for incoming, outgoing, interior dining, small store, spa, weight room, etc, etc sometime this year 2012. This does not bother us but might some. The check in and out is a poor setup till this is completed, but, only happens twice while you are there, coming and leaving.

We love it there and will continue to go back for many years to come. If you want to get away but still stay in touch via internet, this is your place. We bought a little phone and a chip for $25 will give you 2 hours of talk time back home. Who needs that when you can use facebook to keep eveyone back home in touch.

We have made good friends with some of the condo owners who actually live there. The help and firends all remember us and fun is what it is all about.

For those of you that read up on Honduras, a lovely country by the way, being a risky place to visit. I want you to realize that you are staying on an island and not on the mainland. Even if you have a gun permit, you can not carry one there. We have always felt safe there and they have guards on duty at all times to make sure guests are taken care of and not harrassed. We have been mainland somewhat and i would not recommend it unless you traveled with locals. You can say that about some places here in USA...

Rod n Jannah

Room Tip: Few rooms actually face the ocean because buildings were built from ocean to rear. Really does not m...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (418)
Goodyear, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2012

Infinity Bay is by far the best that Roatan has to offer. Incredible prices, stellar service, and amenities fit for a king and queen - coupled with the most amazing owners! I wouldn't stay anywhere else in Roatan! We are a mission team that came with a group of 6 missionaries to build a home for a local family. One of our members injured his back the day prior to our arrival and had originally planned to couch surf for the week in the suite we were renting. The management found out and went out of their way to make him comfortable and even hooked him up with his own room so he could have a bed...and all at a price that can only be described as a gift from God! Thank you Infinity Bay for making an already amazing journey even more incredible!

Room Tip: Room 102B is incredible. You view and walk directly to the beach!
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

I have worked for an airline for 29 years, my parents also worked for an airline all of their lives. Needless to say, I have traveled the world. Infinity Bay is by far the best place I have stayed. The property has everything you would need on your vacation. A beautiful infinity pool that looks as if it continues into the sea, a beach that is pristine, a staff that is second to none. The beach bar also serves a great menu of items. Rick and Tommy (GM and Manager) have created a family friendly, yet also a couples friendly, paradise. I was treated like "one of the family." I have also seen pictures of weddings that were held here and I must say, what better place than this.

Room Tip: I liked the room we had overlooking the pool, but I am sure each individual has their own preference...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
San Salvador, El Salvador
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2012

We stayed at Infinity Bay for 3 nights in one of the studio suites. The rooms are nice, simple, and clean. The studio rooms are rented as their own room, but there's a joining door that makes it possible for the bigger, adjoining rental to include the studio. Anyway, that door means that you can hear a fair bit of the people next door. We were lucky since our neighbors weren't loud at night, but we had friends who weren't so lucky. Just an FYI.

If you're here, though, you probably won't be spending much time in the room. We loved the pool and the beachfront property. They have tons of beach lounge chairs, and they provide you with beach towels. It's very relaxing and easy.

However, you might be in for a surprise if you try to get much out of the bar. Basically, they need to do some serious training of the bartenders. They are extremely slow and come off as being rude and lazy. We would ask multiple times for our drinks before we'd get them, begrudgingly, after about 10 minutes of waiting. If this was a busy nightclub in New York City, maybe I wouldn't care, but it wasn't busy. On top of that, there were a few times when we'd want to order some beers and charge it to the room, and the bartender would just give up on attempting to put the beers in the system and print out a receipt... so I think we just got the beers for free? I dunno. He just told us to go. It was weird, to say the least. We were all extremely frustrated by the terrible service at the bar. If you want to go to a well run restaurant & bar with friendly staff, check out Bananarama, which is just down the beach a bit. The difference is night and day.

Room Tip: Just be aware that the studio rooms may be loud if you have loud neighbors. Also, most of the studio...
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, May 30, 2012
Dear pctainto,

On behalf of the entire staff at Infinity Bay thank you for taking the time to complete a review on Trip Advisor. It’s gratifying to the team that you enjoyed your accommodations, the pool and beach. We were surprised to hear about your experience at the beach bar and I can assure your comments have been shared with our food and beverage team to ensure this does not happen again. We are confident that we serve the highest quality food and beverage on West Bay Beach but delivery is just as important.

We look forward to you returning to Infinity in which we will be happy to upgrade your accommodations and get you some fast and ice cold cocktails.

Again, thank you and see you soon!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at Infinity Bay (IB) for 4 days toward end of May. We would definitely stay here again. Arrived at airport but no IB shuttle was waiting for us. Our flight plans changed and we ended up landing at 430p instead of 12n so I can't hold that against IB. Taxi from airport to IB for two was $25. Keep your eyes closed and your seat belts on as the taxi drivers are dodging pot holes, kids, dogs, other taxis all while going as fast as they can on winding roads. Check in went smoothly and we were in our room soon after arriving. We were in a small studio, ground floor in building 17 (backside, away from pool). Not much of a view on the backside but that was ok, we were just happy to be there. Once in the room we found housekeeping hadn't cleaned up after the last guest. One call to the front desk and issue was resolved with a move to a bigger studio, second floor in the 20 building and an apology for the inconvenience. This was great as it put us closer to another couple we were traveling with plus it was much bigger and had a balcony. It was the building furthest from the pool/beach and closest to the driveway/office which is still under construction. (construction is scheduled to be complete in Aug 2012, my guess is closer to Dec 2012) As close as we were to the 'noisy' spots we were never bothered by any noise. All rooms have full kitchen, great AC, lots of storage, nice bathrooms (lots of hot water but low water pressure). I have nothing negative to say about the rooms at all.

Restaurant/bar: I believe the waitstaff does the best they can. However..service is just adequate. If you go down there expecting the same service as what you get at high end resorts you will be disappointed. They are a friendly bunch but they need some training. Also the food menu is limited in options. The best thing on breakfast menu, in my opinion, was the omelet made how you like it. Also the fruit plate was great with lots of variety every morning. We never ate lunch there and we only ate dinner twice. The second time the food and service was so bad (there were 5 of us and I didn't get my food until everyone else had already eaten half theirs with no apology or explanation from our waitress) that we chose to eat elsewhere for the rest of our stay. Freddie makes an excellent pina colada, be sure to get you one (or three)!

The beach is clean and beautiful. When the cruise ships are in there are lots of people which is great for people watching and didn't have a negative impact on our stay at all. Lots of places to walk to, beautiful water to swim in. We did not use IB's aquatic center so can offer no information on their services.

Check out was smooth, shuttle back to airport was on time (and great AC). Overall an excellent place to stay and a great 4 day vacation.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple
Seattle, Washington
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

It was a bit of a challenge to land on the island because of a thunder storm, but it eventually calmed at night and we landed safely. The resort driver was still at the airport late at night ready to take us over and help with luggage. (Driver was a little crazy, but it was fun) Our ocean front room was huge and had everything we needed - the views were just gorgeous. We ate at La Palapa (resort's wet bar) daily - Carlos is the best bar tender ever - such a sweetie. He gave us great advice on where to go, what to do and made us feel at home. We did the scuba experience, horse riding, zip lining, snorkeling and water taxied to west end for some night life. (FYI - the island horses are small, so make sure you don't exceed 5'5".) One of my favorite restaurants was Fosters; just a 5 minute walk down the beach. Most dining options were very affordable and there is a small grocery store a few blocks away to meet basic food and drink needs. The resort was under construction while we were there, but it did not bother us at all. I definitely want to return for another visit someday. Thanks Infinity Bay! You were so amazingly awesome!!!

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Houston, Tx
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2012 via mobile

This was our 4th trip here. Still beautiful, peaceful, relaxing. Best beach. Best snorkeling. I love this place. Things We have learned from frequent visits. DO NOT stay in a studio or the 1 bedroom that adjoins the studio. Only a single door divides the two. You hear EVERYTHING from the other room. It is miserable. You CAN negotiate so pick up the phone and call them when making your reservation. DO NOT make you reservation online. Get the price online then call them. I made a reservation for a 1 bed 2 bath with a queen or king online. When I arrived they said I had reserved a 1 bed 1 bath with twin beds. Luckily the reception agent initially assumed I was someone else and gave me that room. (I don't know what happened to those guests). But i had to wait 3 hours to even get in that room because it wasnt cleaned. When it was figured out I said I was just keeping the room I was in or at least at my luggage was in. I do get frustrated with the service at reception and reservation. Housekeeping also falls short but I may be nitpicking here. They take towels and don't replace them. They are supposed to leave a coffee packet everyday and don't. I guess that way they get to charge you at the bar. Are there thins I would like to see improve? Yes. Am I going to stop going. Probably not. I go for the location. I think they know that. It is new, beautiful, well kept, facilities can't be beat. But again....it is ALL about the location. The other stuff is just an annoyance. I'm not complaining, just trying to be informative.

Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!