nfinity bay is definitely on the nicest stretch of west bay beach and what a beach!! really beautiful location. Snokelling wise the area out at the reef in front of infinity is where the little boats take their tour people so that tells you something!!! The area in front of infinity bay is also past the last stop (infinity's pier) on the taxi stops so you dont have taxis wizzing past you as you can on other stretches up the beach. We were very happy to have the infinity bay area to swim in-def the best!!
The rooms (mini apartments!) were top notch even with ice machines on the fridge and flat screen TVs/dish-washer/maid service/wifi (a little weak at times but always good on the balcony). On the the whole the service was good, we didn't really find it slow like some people have said at all and we were there peak season. There is also a activity co-ordinator who can sort out exsurions etc if u need.
The cruise ship crowds are not so bad either . We had checked out the time table before we came and thought we would only have 4 days free of cruises in two weeks but that was not the case at all, there must be some cruises that don't bring the people to this beach is all i can assume as we had 7 with no cruise ships bring people to the beach (tues/wed are busiest days and friday they leave by lunch-one friday they didn't come so not sure if it maybe comes every other friday). From 1.30 friday through to tuesday the beach is clear of cruise shippers and all yours and tues -thurs really is not that bad they leave about 3.30 and there really aren't that many. I worried a lot about this before i came when i really needn't of. It is weird as they put out way way more chairs than ever got used (not even 40% got used while we were there).
This is not a usa style complex with a million of facilities you get in the Hilton style places but i wouldn't want it to be. It has more character and fits in with its surroundings. Although i think they are building the spa soon. The main building for this is not done yet but there is minimal noise from the construction- it is cornered of at the back and it had no impact on our trip whatsoever so don't let this impact on your decision to stay here whatsoever-it really is not an issue.
We have to confess we did not get out to see any of roatan apart from west end which is very rare for us as we normally move about and do stuff. This is nothing against roatan as we only heard good things about it but we somehow felt comfortable enough to want this to be a pure relax "beach holiday" for 2 weeks as we loved the beach! However there did seem to be loads of stuff to do if u want to get out and about.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Location: West Bay Beach, Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras, Central America (15 minutes from airport). Accommodations: Condo, 2 Bedrooms + Convertible bed(s), 2 Baths (Sleeps 4-6)Keywords: Luxurious Condo Resort 2BR/2BA at Infinity Bay Roatan. Planning a vacation now to leave in the fall? Location Location Location. The most beautiful upscale resort which is called Infinity Bay Resort located at West Bay Beach, which is one of the top beaches in Roatan, Honduras and of the Caribbean. The reef is only yards away, which is the second largest coral reef in the world. Swim with the turtles and an abundance of marine life, go diving and discover more, or use our complimentary kayaks. Local activities, include scuba diving, sailing, fishing, canopy tours, horseback riding, and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, HotelTravel.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Hotel West Bay
- Infinity Bay Hotel And Beach
- Infinity Bay Resort And Beach
- Infinity Bay Spa And Beach Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras