“I could actually live here, great snorkeling, beautiful beach.” 5 of 5 stars

Announcement
Book now!!
Ranked #2 of 11 hotels in West Bay
Grand Rapids, Michigan
“I could actually live here, great snorkeling, beautiful beach.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

Roatan is beautiful, great diving, awesome beaches and West End is charming. We travel every year and I'm always looking for a place that we could buy a vacation home. Roatan fit the bill in many ways. Coxen Hole is questionably dangerous, I couldn't help but notice the razor wire surrounding the nicer homes on the drive to West End. Infinity Bay was beautiful, the rooms have every amenity you could need with little kids. The pool was very nice and had a shallow section for the kids to play in. The best part by far was the snorkeling right off the beach!! Some of the best we've seen in the Caribbean! The service there was even slower than usual "island time". Check out Bite on the Beach restaurant, just a short water taxi ride away.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

1,077 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (334)
Horsham, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2011

Spent a week at Infinity Bay. Had been to Roatan in the past. This is a truely outstanding property. Great Beach. It does need more of a restaurant and a little quicker service there but there are also many very good restaurants nearby. Fabulous pool. Roatan is known for its sand fleas and mosquitos and although they are found at Infinity Bay around dusk, most of the time they are not as much of an issue as my previous trips to Roatan were. Nice diving and snorkeling right oursside the resort.

• Stayed March 2011
cypress
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2011

The rooms are very nice, staff was nice. As long as you are in no hurry, the service is good (the slowness must be island time) everywhere we went service was on the slow side. The snorking right off the hotel was excellent. Some units had washer and dryer, luck of room assignment.

• Stayed March 2011
ST. ALBERT
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

We have just returned from a 2 week stay at the Infinity Bay Resort in Roatan. We have been to many other locations in the Carribean and found this one the best one yet. We typically do the all inclusive or Cruising and this was our first holiday where we rented a condo. We did this through VRBO.com which is Vacation Rental By Owner. We were not disappointed. The resort was awesome. My husband and I had shared a 2 bedroom, 2 bath condo with our 2 friends. There was plenty of room in the spacious condo which as well included a full balcony with room for 4. Most of the condo at this facility have ocean view and all have pool view. We would suggest staying in building 1 to 5 or 11 to 16 which run up both sides near the beach. They are currently building a spa and restaurant so a unit near the back may have some construction noise.
The units are like new and very clean. Any time that we required service it was dealt with immediately.
BEACH- nfinity Bay has started to rent out chairs to the cruise people however they have raised the price to $40 a chair which significantly reduces the number of cruise ship people. One or two may pay it but they can rent for $15 at other resorts so no one wants to pay the price. The beach is the most beautiful that we have ever seen. Blue/Green clear water for the entire beach with soft sand bottom quite a ways out. At the end of the sandy area there is a beautiful reef area with an abundence of fish, turtles and squid. Great snorkeling right in front of the hotel.

SAFETY- We felt totally safe our entire stay in Roatan. Whether we were walking the beach at night or down the back road, it always felt safe.

BUGS- Yes there were a lot of sand flies. Just bring lots of spray and some afterbite and you will be fine. It is a small price to pay to be in paradise.

DINING- There is great dining all along the beach and into the "West End" area. FOSTERS at the far end of West Bay beach offers 2 for 1 appetizers on Monday evenings, Lobster night on Thursdays, great fried chicken any day of the week and rum punch 2 for 1.
BANANARAMA is a fun place to go on a Sunday night. They have crab races and fire dancers and good bands many nights of the week. The service however is slow and the food is so so. DONT be in a hurry anywhere in Roatan. They are all on Island Time.
BITE ON THE BEACH - This place advertises that they have electric eels that swim up to the dock however none showed up when we were there. The location is neat but the food is very expensive for what you get.
CELESTES - is located on the back road behind Infinity Bay. This was our favorite restaurant of all. Owen by a US couple and there teenage son, it only has about a dozen tables. The food selection is small but the food is great and so are the prices. You can get a 6 course dinner for 2 for $60. This comes with a bottle of wine, fruit, ceasar salad, huge shrimp cocktail, soup, 2 lobster tail dinner and carmelized bananas for dessert.

SPA- Celestes has a spa beside the restaurant with amazing prices. We went for a 5 hour spa day that included, 1 hour mud wrap, 1 hour sea salt scrub, 1 hour full boy massage, 1 hour facial as well as lunch and rum punch all for $148. WOW

TRANSPORTATION- You can take a water taxi from West Bay to the West End for $3 per person. The west end is a small town with dive shops, bars and restaurants. It is really fun taking the water taxi and there are fun places to eat and drink in the west end.
From the Airport, Infininty Bay offers a free shuttle service. We sent our bags on the shuttle and took a taxi so that we could stop at Plaza Del Mar on the way for our groceries. This is the place to get your booze and groceries. Great prices, way better than at home.

ROATAN- The people in Roatan were awesome. They are Spanish but all spoke very good english. The children learn engish in school. Roatan was the cleanest island that we have ever been to in the carribean. They really take pride of their island. The best part is that it is not commercialized yet. No Diamonds International stores or Walmart to be seen!

All in All this was an AWESOME trip and we wouldn't hesitate to go back.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Tempe, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2011

We planned a 3 week stay, but from the moment we got there, it was so beautiful that we extended our stay for two more weeks. The rooms are elegantly furnished, the staff is always with a smile, service is great, and the food is amazing. Weare in Love with Infinity Bay and hope to go back again!
Liza & Chuck

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Newport Coast, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2011

After staying at Anthony's key for 4 nights, we came here for a day at the beach, and loved the resort. We stayed here, and booked a three bedroom suite for everyone to stay in. The price of this room was very well-priced, whereas any other three bedroom suite would cost a whole lot.

Dining
B-
The food was great, but there was only one restaurant. The service was good, but the food took way to long every time to make and bring. The restaurant was on the beach, and had great views. The prices for food were reasonable, and worth it because it tasted amazing.

Activities
A-
The beach was the best I've ever seen, and I've been all around the caribbean, mexico, europe, and more. It was one mile long, and snorkeling was great off the shore. We saw turtles, parrot fish, angel fish, lion fish, grouper, and flounder, all just a couple hundred feet off shore. We went parasailing, and banana boating, which I recommend to do both.

Rooms
B
The room was huge, and with amazing views. It was very spacious, but almost too spacious. There were only two seats, a dining table, and bar for lounging, no carpets, two phones, and one tv in as three bedroom suite. Just and ok room for a suite, but with great views on 3 balconies.

This hotel is still under renovation, and they're adding a lobby, which they did not have when I stayed, restaurant, and overall upgrades to the resort, so after all of these renovations, this is a hotel you don't want to miss.

• Stayed February 2011
Intelectual en el mundo
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2011

I arrived at Roatán, Honduras, on the morning of Friday, February 4th, 2011, on the flight from El Salvador. I took the van to Infinity Bay hotel.
An acquaintance who resides in the island had made a deposit for the first night at Infinity Bay on her credit card: 255 US dollars per night. This did not include any food.
The van service did not seem satisfactory to me. I arrived at the hotel. The reception desk was in a basement, which struck me as odd. I checked in. The clerk, though courteous, charged the whole duration of my stay, three nights, which also struck me as odd.
I went to the room. The bellboy did not seem professionally trained. The room was tacky. One of the telephones did not work. I did not wish to stay.
I called my acquaintance and told her I did not find the hotel satisfactory. She called the manager, Stephanie, who said if I left immediately they would reverse the charges.
The clerk reversed the charges. I took both receipts with me. The clerk also reversed my acquaintance´ s charge.
About a week later my acquaintance sent me an e-mail. She was being charged by Infinity on what she esteemed to be fraudulent charges.
I checked my card statement. There was a charge for 963 U. S. dollars from Infinity Bay. I got in touch with the credit card company. I filled a form explaining the circumstances and why I refused to pay, and enclosed a scan of my receipts.
The credit card company voided Infinity´s charges.
As a measure of caution, I changed the plastic and thus obtained a new number for my card.
This incident marred what was otherwise a good stay in Roatán. The island is beautiful and the ocean views are dazzling. I enjoyed tasty food and met interesting people. So I say like the Romans: caveat emptor (buyers beware) at Infinity Bay.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Rick2959, General Manager at Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort, responded to this review, March 6, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to fill out a review on Infinity Bay Resort. Please accept my sincere apologies for expectations not being met.
We have a very high success rating and we take every customers experience quite serious. I will personally research your situation to see what exactly transpired. The credit card posting was not fraudulent in any way…it was simply a posting error upon your quick departure.

I would be honored to discuss your experience personally anytime you’re available. My email address is rick@infinitybay.com again, thank you and I look forward to a resolution.

RTK, GM

Been to Infinity Bay Spa and Beach Resort? Share your experiences!