As many before us, we had read the reviews and were quite concerned with what to expect. What a fantastic surprise!
The Resort - Beautifully located on the most attractive beach on the island - 10 minute walking distance to a great snorkelling spot. The resort itself was very clean and well maintained. Lost of cute activities were planned for the day and evening (dance, volleyball, trivia night, etc. ) The pool was pristine and kept that way throughout our stay.
Rooms: The rooms were lovely and comfortable. They were kept very clean throughout our stay. We really enjoyed having the hammocks on the balcony as they were a great place to hangout during rainy days. Air-conditioning worked well and we had no trouble with water or lights. One power outage during our stay but it was brief and we were prepared with a flashlight. The noise was a factor as the rooms aren't insulated, but we were so tired most nights that it didn't matter.
Food: I am a vegetarian and had no trouble at the resort. There was always a big selection of salads and fruits. If you're looking for pizza and burgers then you might have a hard time, but just be willing to try some more local food and you'll enjoy the meals. Not the best food, but there was a large selection to go on. Breakfast was always awesome. If you manage to catch some fresh donuts - they are delicious!! We also left the resort a few times for some great meals down the beach.
Sandflies: We brought a good bug cream and had no trouble whatsoever. I maybe had 2 or 3 bites the whole week.
TGI Scuba: The onsite dive shop was STELLAR! We had a great time with all the dive masters. By boyfriend did his open water referral with Luca who was a great and patient instructor. Lots of dives organized daily and they were always on time. Great crew at TGI!!
HM Staff : I will agree here with many posters in that the front-desk staff was not the most helpful or knowledgeable, particularly when it came to leaving the resort on our own. Many times we asked advice on what/where to go to explore and they just seemed clueless. One night we wanted to grab a cab into West End and were told that there were no cabs available. A minute later a cab pulled up to the resort. (TIP: Get in touch with a cab driver on your own if you can - they are all willing to give you their phone number and will come to pick you up at your convenience with BETTER RATES than what the hotel offers).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Henry Morgan is an All Inclusive Resort located in the best beach of Roatan, West Bay. Our mission is to anticipate and deliver on the dreams and expectations of every guest's perfect holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Henry Morgan Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Henry Morgan Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Henry Morgan
- Henry Morgan Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras