Stayed at Paradise hotel in March 2013 and while overall we had a great time at the hotel & West Bay Beach there are a few things I think could possibly be improved.
I'll start with the good. We had great service at the beach bar both day & night so thanks to the staff there who very friendly, fun and kept the drinks flowing!
The resort grounds are beautiful, lush and green and kept very tidy. It is nice that it is a smaller resort so it's a quick walk to get to the beach from your room.
The actual location of the hotel is great. Right next to bananarama divers which is rated really well for diving, on the other side is infinity bay which has the water taxi dock. Walking distance to a few restaurants, mini mart and pharmacy and located pretty close to the reef at the far end of west bay beach (Bring your own snorkel gear - the reef just offshore is amazing!!! no tour required its a short swim from shore). The beach right in front of Paradise is beautiful and we were there during spring break (very busy) but didn't ever have trouble getting chairs since they were reserved for the hotel guests.
The buffet could have some improvements... Not a huge selection. breakfast was good, but lunch not so great. I am not a picky eater and have ate at many other resorts in Mexico & Dominican but I was pretty nervous about trying some of the hot dishes that were served at this lunch buffet. I stuck to the salads and fruit. I can't speak to the Dinner buffet because we did not try it at all. When we ate dinner at the resort, we ate at the beach bar which has a pretty good menu and the food was good. Only one a la carte dinner was included though.
It was kind of annoying that there was no complimentary airport shuttle. We had an all inclusive package and in my experience that usually includes the transportation to and from the airport. They helped us arrange a ride but it was at our own cost.
We stayed in just a normal room and found the walls to be a bit thin...Otherwise the room was really good, loved the fact that it had a mini fridge and a cute balcony with chairs.
Even with the minor complaints we had I would recommend this hotel due to the location and the great service we had. The villa rentals on their property look really nice, I would like to maybe try those out if I return to Roatan.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of nature’s perfect beaches and nestled in verdant, mature, tropical gardens our family run resort was tastefully designed with the discerning traveller in mind. You want to sit back and soak up the sun with the occasional cooling paddle in the azure Caribbean Sea whilst being waited on by our attentive family of representatives. Maybe go diving in the unspoilt reefs or swim with dolphins? However you choose to spend your time, you can be assured of a warm welcome, superb air-conditioned accommodation, menus to suit all tastes and budgets but most of all, the holiday of a lifetime. A taste of paradise that will keep you going until the next time you can escape life’s realities and join us again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Expedia, BookingOdigeoWL, Venere and Otel so you can book your Paradise Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Beach Club Hotel West Bay
- Paradise Beach Resort
- Paradise Beach Hotel Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras