Was there Jan. 19 for two weeks.
First off we were among one of flights that could not land on the island on the 19th because of the storm. We had to over night in CanCun. When we finally did arrive we found the place to be very nice...friendly helpful staff from day one to the end of the stay. the food was good to very good. We never went hungry for lack of food. that being said the buffets do not have a large selection but what they do have is very good. sometimes you might have to wait a few seconds while one of the items is being refilled but we never had to wait more than a minute or two for anything to be refilled..The ala carts were good. the sea food was good ..lobster was good...one issue was that the ceasar salad appetizer and the main course chicken and shrimp were the exact same dish... The the pizza ala carte was very good . When we left the resort they putting some finishing touches on remodeling a few of the buildings and revamping the beach bar menu with several new food dishes and lots of new items on the bar menu... Also, they had some new high end spirits available that were NOT included in the all inclusive... some very good vodka and several high end 18 and 23 year old rums. They were also turning the one building that used to be one of the places to eat back into a place to eat and drink. It looks like it will be a very nice place even more so when all the renovations were to be done.
the beach itself is fantastic, never had a problem finding a lounge chair and the snorkeling was amazing. you could walk down to the wall snorkel there and snorkel back to the hotel or do the same in reverse. Saw some amazing things out there on the reef...we saw that resident GIANT moray eel..and i do mean holy crap that thing was a monster. there are several other places eat all down the beach ..the few we did eat at were excellent. and walked into west end took water taxi back. We are looking forward to going back here again next year...it is that good .
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on one of nature’s perfect beaches and nestled in verdant, mature, tropical gardens our family run resort was tastefully designed with the discerning traveller in mind. You want to sit back and soak up the sun with the occasional cooling paddle in the azure Caribbean Sea whilst being waited on by our attentive family of representatives. Maybe go diving in the unspoilt reefs or swim with dolphins? However you choose to spend your time, you can be assured of a warm welcome, superb air-conditioned accommodation, menus to suit all tastes and budgets but most of all, the holiday of a lifetime. A taste of paradise that will keep you going until the next time you can escape life’s realities and join us again. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo and TripOnline SA so you can book your Paradise Beach Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paradise Beach Club Hotel West Bay
- Paradise Beach Resort
- Paradise Beach Hotel Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras