“Family Vacation” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 12 Hotels in West Bay
Burlington, Canada
“Family Vacation”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

We just got back from a lovely vacation at the Mayan Princess in Roatan. This is a small quiet and peaceful hotel. The staff are very helpful and friendly. We had two suites in the tower. The rooms were recently updated. I did not have a safe in my room but there was one in the other suite that we all used. I enjoyed having a full sized kitchen to cook a few meals for my 6 year old daughter. There is a small market close by, where we bought fresh milk, ragu spagehetti sauce and kraft dinner. We had a lovely view of the pool and the iguanas that hang out in the gardens. The food was good with fresh fruits, vegetables and beef, chicken or fish options at the buffet. A chef was there to make omelletes in the morning and pasta, tacos or bbq in the afternoon and evenings. The a la carte meals were presented wonderfully however I did not like my choices (avoid the mashed potatoes). There was no need to worry about finding a spot at the pool or at the beach as one was always available and the staff were more than willing to put up an umbrella for you in the sand. I wish there was more entertainment in the evenings at the hotel but there is plenty of action along the beach if you are interested. We enjoyed the glass bottom boat that is advertised on the beach and the trip to Gumbalimba Park. Just avoid the suspension bridge if you have small children. Watch out for bug bites. I never saw them coming but I am still scratching today!

Room Tip: We stayed in room 216 which was up two flights of stairs - no elevator
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Janeth T, Manager at Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are very happy to read that you had a lovely family vacation with us and how much you enjoyed your stay. I'll be sure to send this post to our staff. They all will be happy to see your review. We hope to see you again!
Enjoy your day.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (134)
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I spent a couple of days at the resort after a mission trip to the Honduran mainland as sort of a trial run for a family vacation. I had a very pleasant time.

The rooms are actually small condos with separate living areas and very ample bathrooms. My room was very clean, if somewhat dated in its appearance. The staff was super friendly and helpful. And the location is jaw-dropping beautiful.

I also enjoyed the food at the hotel. My only other feedback would be that, for the money, the hotel should have nicer towels and toiletries. And, again, the room and its furnishings could use a shot of Botox.

But all in all, a very pleasant stay. I will be coming back with the family!

• Stayed March 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review us. We are very happy to know that you had a pleasant stay with us. We appreciate your feedback, it's always very important to know what our guests think. It´s great to know that you want to come back and bring your family. We hope to see you all in a near future.
Have a nice day.
guatemala city
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We absolutely loved this hotel. Unfortunatley, we were met with bad weather, but had such a wonderful room, no problem staying on the terrace reading, looking at the ocean. The staff, Fernando, Elena, Irwin, Ivan, and Roberto could not have been more accomodating. They were ALWAYS ready to help, with a smile. Our stay was just a wonderful, wonderful experience all around. Would definitely go back!! Actually, this is the only one I would go back to!

The suite has a nice living room, with adjacent kitchenette, and bathroom that can be accessed either from the bedroom or living area. There is a really nice terrace. Comfortable table and chairs. We were lucky enough to have the upper floor of the hotel, beach front.

Thanks again to the wonderful staff!!!!

Suzanne Steele

Room Tip: would definitely recommend room 228, beach front, or any others in the area. I believe there are 6...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
We are so happy to read how much you enjoyed and loved your stay at Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort! It´s great to know that our staff was able to make your vacation so enjoyable and that you were comfortable in your entire stay at our suites. We hope to see you again!
Have a nice day!
Big Pine Key, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I have been to this wonderful beach resort several times on a daily breather while cruising! It is a great place to come and unwind for the day! I am hoping that I will be able to spend the day at your beach next week with friends that have never been there! Usually there are taxis at the pier that will bring you there and pick you up at when you want. I love this place!!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
Thank you for the taking the time to review us and visiting our resort for several times. We appreciate it. We hope to see you again with your friends.
Have a nice day.
Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

The rooms have been updated some. New comfortable bed. New dressers. New comfortable couch. New tv with lots of channels. New furniture on our patio.We did stay in the same room as last year that we requested which was great. The food was good.They now have wine served all day. Although times they were out of the wine for hours at a time.They had a meal by the pool one night which was nice. The ala cartes were excellent. The service was excellent from all the staff in the restaurant,bar and front desk.I find the staff very friendly. The gardens are beautiful and the gardener got us coconuts to eat. The activity girl was very nice. They tryed to have a meal next door at the other bar they have but the wind picked up and it had to be cancelled.There were a lot of repeat guests I noticed so you know that says a lot. We had a great time diving with our friends that came with us this time. We had a lot of fun. I will do another review on the diving which was excellent. We went ziplining through sunwing what a fun time we had a great team there.The eastern island tour was not what we expected. The mangroves had a lot of garbage there. The garfuna dance was good from the women but when the man danced they did not look at the audience and it looked made up. Also the kids were asking us for money not impressed. The one good thing was the meal we had at Charlie's Chill n Grill.The food was excellent, lobster,shrimp and beef. Great service. Nice view.My husband and his friend went on the shark dive and loved it. Ask Ana at the dive shop. They have a great video from there experience.I would go back again for sure to this resort.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your great review and visiting Mayan Princess Beach & Dive resort again. We are very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We can see that you experience zip lining and that you had a fun time, as your husband taking an adventure diving with sharks! We hope to see you both again!
Bogota, Colombia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

This is an excellent resort for those who really want to relax and have an out-of-this-world experience. People from Roatan are really nice and caring to the tourists.

Snorkelling, diving, and dolphin encounter, among others, are very cool experiences. My wife and I spent our honeymoon and we are very happy for having chosen this magical place.

Greetings to the Hotel Staff and I hope for many people to visit this island.

Room Tip: The best rooms are those in front of the beach
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your great review! We appreciate it. I'm glad you and your wife had such a fantastic honeymoon and that we were able to share that experience with you. I will share your review with our resort staff. We hope to see you again.
Jubail, Ash Sharqiyah, Saudi Arabia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I have stayed here for 2 days and a night with my friend and his wife..
i was a tripadvisor for him anyways and suggested him to go this place.
it was really wondefull stay in the Mayan Princess Beach Mention not about the dive resort.i just had 5 days and 4 night stay in honduras where half of my Trip was fullfilled by Mayan Princess...Thanks for their wonderful service and everything,...The only drawback is that unlike most of the tourist/trip places there is no more bad things to pin point...hehe....Just for a joke. wish i come back again... :) once again.Loved the speedy service of yours

Room Tip: get a room in higher floors so that you get an awsome View and Fulfilled like a Paradise.Happy stay...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
We are so happy to read that you had such a wonderful stay with us. Your mention is very encouraging and helps us to ensure that we continue on this track of service to all of our guests. Thank you so much for your kind review. We appreciate it. We hope to see you again!
Enjoy your day.

Been to Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort? Share your experiences!