We stayed at the Mayan Princess for two weeks in January 2013. Our flight had been delayed and we were one day late in arriving. Due to the flight diversion, we arrived at an unusual time and not when the resort shuttle was expecting us.
I contacted the resort after landing, only to discover that they had already sent the shuttle to pick us up.
From our first ride with Carlos, the shuttle driver, (who expertly and quickly loaded all of our baggage and us into the shuttle) to our check out day we had wonderful experiences with the staff. Fernando, Alena and Phillipe at the front reception desk were helpful, professional and accommodating for everything from borrowing a hair dryer to translations from Spanish to English !
The housekeeping staff was polite and professional and always greeted us with a smile and a hello!
We had the inclusive plan that included breakfast. Since we were diving almost every day, we ate breakfast early (7am) each day. By just day three we were usually greeted at breakfast with a big smile from Joham and he recited each of our "usual" breakfast drink orders (2 cappuccinos, a large bottled water and a black coffee). He was wonderful! All the catering staff from the nice gentleman who operated the egg / omelet bar to the very nice lady who made our cappuccinos each morning, were polite, friendly, and happy to answer any question and made every effort to insure we were satisfied with our experience!
Because we were diving, the location of Mayan Divers on site was perfect (see review under Mayan Divers)!
The resort itself was clean, quiet, and located perfectly! We will return to Roatan, and would not hesitate to stay with the Mayan Princess again!
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.