Travelled Jan 21 to 28, 13 from Toronto through Sunwing.
Arrived a little early, small airport underconstruction, got through airport no problems and onto bus. Airport to resort was about 1/2 hour on the worst roads iv ever seen and in pouring rain. Don't get scared by the drive way and entrance to the resotr lobby, looks terrible but pleasantly suprised when you get in.
Check in was a breeze, nice room 2nd floor tower. Rear where bedroom and entrance door is faced parking lot, bad smells and noise of trucks ect but not that bad. Aiar conditioning worked well but is in a closet in the room, very noisey at night. everything and more in this room inc huge balcony overlooking pool, coudnt quite see the ocean. Next time I would choose basic pool room, bit cheaper and just as nice, maybe a bit smaller.
Buitifull gardens, clean and a beach to die for. Staff were trying there best to maintain pool but with all the rain it was hard to do.
Food as everyone says is average, not much choice and most of it cold. The exception is the 2 resturants, very good. Bar service was excellent and drinks were good.
No activities and no real entertainment. Snorkilling is the best Iv seen,
Nice island typical of most, people freindly. Cattamaran tour through the resort was terrible not worth the money. All snorkling sites were great.
High point of this resort is the staff, Darwin in the bar and Angel who will take care of anything you need are fantastic, all other staff all do there best to please.
Rained 5 days out of 7 but still had a reasonbly good time. this resort is all about the beach and it is great but ypu will have to put up with the peddlars hocking everything from ice cream to knock off ray bans and wathches. also the usual necklaces and t shirts. the will not let up. The Myan does split the beach for the cruise ships when the come in three times a week but it doesnt really cause any issues. Age ranged from about 30 and up, not the place for younger crowd
They did just replace all the bedding and furniture prior to our stay, very good
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with HotelsClick so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.