We stayed at Mayan Princess for a week in the end of Nov and beginning of Dec. Everything went well at the airport and even met up with people who worked at another resort we visited last year on the island. It was great seeing you again Nancy. The luggage as mentioned in other reviews went ahead of you to the resort. Check in was quick as they were only about half full. Staff was great from the front desk to the bar and restaurant. We were served drinks on the beach and around the bar area all the time. We give Jen a big 10+ for the entertainment as she was the only person scheduling shows at this resort. She also took time to sit with you and chat whenever she saw us. The food was ok never lacked anything to eat..the al la carte was great too..good steak. The Lobster dinner was also great at the next door bar...which was included with the all inclusive. I'm not a drinker, but there seemed to be lots available. The bartenders were all great. Johan, Aster, Darwin...thanks for all your attention in making our holiday a great one despite all the rain. I have make a special mention to our waitress Ana and the woman behind the counter at the restaurant...sorry I forgot your name... and to the cook who I also don't recall the name but he had a big bowl for me of oatmeal at breakfast..it was grreat thanks...I want to make clear that at this time of year you are bound to get a lot of rain and Mosquitos or sand flies..or whatever those bitting insects were...bring BUG SPRAY.. The workers on the beach worked very hard keeping it clear of all the seaweed washing up and raking the beach. My wife even went so far as to give a tip to the beach staff, because I don't think they get enough credit for that kind of work. Snorkeling was great right off the beach...saw lots of different coral and fish including barracuda's. Lots of beach vendors roaming the beachfront but were not overly aggressive..but do try the Banana Donuts..lol.we. went deep sea fishing but only to get caught in a rain squall and high wind, but Louis got us back to shore safely but extremely wet...lol... The resort grounds are impeccable, with several iguana's suntanning around the pool area...The room we had was on the beach front second floor. It was a great view of the beach. It has a full fridge, stove, cooking utensils. Bathroom had a shower only and leaked in the shower area when it rained heavily. The living room has two couches and table...the large balcony has a bar table and 4 chairs...the bedroom has a queen bed which was ok not too hard and not too soft...Cleaning staff kept the rooms very clean. The fridge only has 2 small bottles of water. You have to refill the bottles or by bigger ones...this is something they could improve on..at least increase the size of the bottles of water....some seating areas could use cushions as the wood is hard to sit on if there for any length of time...I've heard through the grape vine that the resort is going through some major renovations and we look forward to going back again next year....over all through the bug bites and rain we had a great time and met some wonderful couples. We would highly recommend this resort for anyone...the cost is great for this time of year.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Despegar.com, TripOnline SA and Odigeo so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras