I stayed here for 2 nights and at the moment is a great 3 star tired apartment hotel. The apartments are tired but very spacious. The bar service (like most places in Roatan) has alot to be desired so don't expected to be waited on. The drama that unfolded when we wanted wine both nights was nothing short of comical waiting up to half an hour for them to sort this even when we pre-arranged with the barman. On the serious side not acceptable. I suggest to order beer or spirits until the staff get some training. The location is excellent right on the beach and the swimming pool is great also. All the rooms in the hotel are about to be completely re-done and is expected to be finished by Christmas 2012 so I was told. The soft re-furb has potential to be the face lift the hotel needs, I just hope they also get some professional staff training in for the bar area. Knowing what to expect, I would still recommend this hotel.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An elegant Roatan resort on the island's best beach, Mayan Princess Beach Resort features waterfront hotel accommodations and service. Just steps from your luxurious condo, a white sand beach leads to sparkling turquoise waters, perfect for scuba diving Roatan's spectacular undersea gardens. Nominated for Honduras' Leading Hotel Award in 2007-2010, this Roatan beach resort offers a variety of vacation activities, first-class amenities, and beachfront restaurant. Welcome to paradise and comfortable relaxation in a tropical oasis. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Venere, Tingo, Travelocity and BookingOdigeoWL so you can book your Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Mayan Princess Beach Hotel West Bay
- Hotel Mayan Princess Beach
- Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras