We had an amazing wedding week at Bananarama/Island Pearl with our family and close friends the week of April 10-17th. Last year, my then boyfriend and I had traveled to Roatan and stayed at Bananarama. We had such a great time that when we got engaged we knew we wanted to get married down there. From the moment I made the first contact with the resort, we were given the upmost level of service. Louise was our primary contact and we can't sing her praises enough. She was phenomenal in organizing our group of 20 people and went out of her way so many times to make sure it was a special week for everyone. For instance, in addition to the wedding we were celebrating 4 birthdays in our group. She helped line up a delicious home baked birthday cake for the evening of our celebration made by Jessica, one of the resort staff. This is just one of the many things she did for us.
The staff is amazing. Starting with the one of the owners, Guy. He is incredibly friendly and was always checking with all the guests to make sure everything was perfect. Housekeeping was great and kept things clean and sand free daily. Every day they would leave cute 'towel art' on the bed in the shape of all sorts of animals. The bartenders, waiters, and waitresses were super fun and had us laughing all week. Although we didn't go diving this time, we recognized the same professional staff from last year. They're not only extremely knowledgable and competent but also very friendly.
The beach is absolutely gorgeous! I've traveled around the world and the beach at Bananarama/Island Pearl in West Bay is one of the best I've ever seen. Crystal clear, warm ocean water with powder white sand beaches, coupled with a light tropical breeze makes this place paradise.
Our group of 20 stayed mostly at the Island Pearl Villas with one family at Bananarama in the King House. The way the villas are arranged together in their own private area made it an ideal family trip. We daily would get together in the middle at the picnic tables/hammocks or convene at one of the large decks at one of our villas. Everyone had ample room and the layout worked great for each family.
The location of this resort is ideal and made it the perfect location for us to venture out on a few excursions. We had our rehearsal dinner at the “Hole in the Wall” on the other side of the island. Louise lined up all the transportation for us with Omar and his excellent drivers for the day. It was such an incredibly fun adventure and a day no one will forget soon.
In sum, Bananarama/Island Pearl is the type of place that you can either book yourself solid with fun activities all day or chill out on a hammock with a good book. For us it was a dream wedding week in paradise! We can't say enough good things about the resort and staff and plan to go back down again as soon as we possibly can!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan Island style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras