Just returned from Bananarama and loved it! My wife and I did not dive, but will probably get certified next time around. This resort does not pretend to be five stars, but has evrything that you need for a great vacation, and then some. The owner and staff are VERY friendly and cater to your needs, the rooms are OK, clean, have A/C and a fridge/coffe/Micro/Water cooler/Wi-Fi (slow). Here are our thoughts summarized:
Location - unbelievable baech/water - not having a pool is OK, trust us!
Staff - Could not be nicer!
Bar - Great bar, drink specials, easy to meet others.
Dive Shop - Did not use, but heard great things while there! Snoreling off reef very good.
Price - Specials are VERY reasonable, incl: Airport transfers, breakfast, drinking water, kayaks, beach chairs and more.
Extras - Sunday fire dancers - AWESOME, crab races for local charity - excursions can be arranged from office. The staff and island locals are so fiendly!
Bugs - Did NOT have a bug problem at Bananarama - the owner installed large deterant devices that gets rid of mosquitos and theyn WORK! Use DEET anyway, as they are on the island! Sand fleas are destroyed by the staff's constant raking of all the grounds and beach. This place is very well kept up!
SAFE / DVD Players / DVD Library all available for your stay (CHEAP)
Hammocks outside of rooms and on beach.
If power goes out, the generator needs to be turned on, but is often not - email ahead and get assurance they will turn it on.
Bit busy on the beach when ships are in port, but does not last long, and its a big beach
BRING WITH YOU:
Water Bottles - Drink LOTS of water during your visit (free in rooms).
Sunscreen (SPF 30)
Do NOT brush your teeth in sink water, use provided drinking water.
Use foot spickets/buckets outside of room to prevent sand fleas - do not leave doors open.
Bring lots of smaller bills (nothing larger than a $20, unless paying for room/excursion.
ATM at Mayan Princess (100yds away) gives Limpura OR Dollars!
Do not bringing many clothes - It is very humid.
Bring own snorkeling stuff, if you can - 100 yards to great reef.
Bring underwater camera from home state, cost too much on island.
Ask driver to stop at store on way from airport - $10 charge - arrange with office.
Try the Zip-Line tour, it's awesome!
This is one of those vacations you will have trouble not thinking about when you go back to work - LOVED IT!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan Island style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras