My wife and I went on this trip on early march 2013. We were very pleased with the staff as we arrived from the airport. That same day we were saying goodbye snow hello sun!
We were in a room with the Garden View Cabana option, which means we were in there to sleep and shower. Talking of the shower, that would be the only negative thing I'd say about the place, the hot water pressure was close to none. If you'd like a tour of our room, follow this link: http://youtu.be/HzFWjEc1pOs
The mosquitos weren't too bad at that time a year, but we managed a few bites a day, mostly at sunset. By the beach, take away the vendors and you have THE PLACE! I mean, who can snorkel from their hotel beach and see LOTS of fish? We could!
If you like beer, there is a mini mart accessible from the beach. We bought a 24 of local beer for $45+ $10 deposit. We left them in the mini fridge of our room! We could drink them on the beach. Just make sure to bring those back.
The hotel also provides you with filtered water in a 18L jug. If you empty it, they'll refill it for free. If you are a coffee lover, there are a few places to try, but go to the (very small) mall (2 min walk) and get yourself a treat. You can also buy coffee to bring back home.
Why is this review called BANAAANAAA DONUT? Well, if you end up going there, there is a guy that come every day and sells his banana donuts. Everyone knows him on the island. Can't miss him when you see him. Listen for his song and make sure to grab a donut!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan Island style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Expedia so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras