We booked our beach chair/snorkel/kayak w/banarama. Beach is nice, although, if you're there at peak cruise ship time, it's like a sea of chairs and traffic in the water. The sand is like powder and the sea is clear. I snorkeled late in the afternoon (around 2:30-3) down at the end of the beach with the big black rock. Wonderful! lots of people had cleared out by 2:00ish to head back to their ships. Hundreds of tropical fish just a few feet off shore. simply beautiful.
Kayaking is okay, not really anywhere to go, but up and down the beach. A better trip to do if u have time is the island tour w/victor bodden tours and then a couple hours here at this west end beach.
Food & local beers good. Secure area where beach chairs r being monitored by securiity. Lots of trinket peddlers walking up and down the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan Island style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras