Bananarama Dive Resort is a good place to go as long as you know exactly what to expect. We had their "Dive and Sizzle" package for 7 nights that included our room, 3 meals a day, and 10 dives...a great deal for $850 per person. The cabana we were in (#6) was at the back and very quiet. The room is small but clean and the bed is huge and comfortable. The shower head definately needs replacement. Some cabanas are near the compressor room or bar and can be noisy during the day or night. Food at the Happy Turtle, Vintage Pearl, and Pizzerama (all part of the resort) was very good and tasty. The dive shop is very organized and well run with plenty of equipment to rent if needed. The boats are not very comfortable...fiberglass with very little seating space but only take a maximum of 8 divers. Dive crew could be a little more helpful with assisting divers with their gear. Lots of dive sites within a 5-15 minute radius with beautiful corals (black, sponge, staghorn, brain, soft), very nice walls and swim throughs. Because of the cloud cover in the mornings the colors were washed out. We felt there were not a lot of fish and the water visibility was between 40-65 feet with a lot of particles in the water (perhaps because it rained every night.) Afternoons were sunny...maybe a better time to do 2 dives. NOTE: Cruise ships dock at Roatan 3-4 days a week and they are huge!! From 2,500 to 7,000 passengers!!! They bus the passengers to West Bay Beaches...and it is so crowded you can hardly find any room to sit (the beach is quite narrow.) The owners go out of their way to make sure you are happy and do whatever they can to accommodate you...a special thanks to Jeff. We chose to tip at the very end by leaving money in envelopes for our dive crew, restaurant staff, and maids. It was obvious that some of the staff thought they should be tipped after every meal/dive and we could sense a change in disposition when we didn't do this. Overall...you get a lot for your money.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan Island style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras