I've already raved about the dive operation in a separate review, but the rest of the resort rocks as well.
The food is awesome. Especially the coconut shrimp, but also the fish tacos, the smoked chicken wrap, the tortilla chips, the guacamole, the smoked fish dip, the pizza ... and that's just at the Thirsty Turtle. The dinner we had at the Vintage Pearl -- lobster for her, wahoo for me -- may have been the best dinner either one of us has ever had on vacation anywhere.
Owners Louis and Jeff are right there to take care of any problem. Denise at reception was terrific as well.
Bar staff are great -- fast, friendly, and mix a great cocktail. (I stuck to beer for the most part, but still.) Special thanks to Steven, Victor, Darwin and Eddison.
Same re the wait staff -- they've got the whole operation running so smoothly that if you've got an 8:30 dive booked, they'll make sure to get your breakfast out to you in plenty of time.
A whole week of diving in the morning and then relaxing on the beach with a beer (or two) in the afternoon. What's not to like? I'd recommend it without any hesitation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan Island style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz and Travelocity so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras