Ahhh... Christmas at Bananarama! We missed a Montreal snow storm and had the IIHF Junior Hockey Tournament on the bar TV. Life is good. Jessica was serving primo breakfasts while Eddison, Steven, Sandra and the rest of the staff tended bar at Thirsty Turtle. Hope to see you all again very soon! The diving was tremendous with Martin lucking out and showing us wild dolphins on Christmas day - mask, snorkel, fins and in - how cool is that? Mal did a great job with the kids OW cert and my DM, Marco showed me a few sites I hadn't been to yet. He finds all the cool stuff. 14 dives over 8 days.
We enjoyed dinner Christmas day at the Vintage Pearl - the food and service were excellent. Top dollar but worth it. And no shoes allowed - perfect!
I must say the cruise ships are not a welcome site. The beach is invaded through the middle of the day and Lewis and Jeff are still scrubbing the control system to ensure resort guests are treated with the respect, space and service they deserve. We settled our grumpiness over some complimentary banana splits. Settled like gentlemen!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan Island style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras