First let me say that some of the staff at Bananarama made our stay wonderful.
Sarah on reception couldn't be more friendly, helpful and truly caring. Nothing was too much trouble and she checked on us each day to make sure we were all good. Thanks Sarah!
Louise the manager was great, responsive and heard our concerns genuinely, and fixed our worries shortly after.
In the bar Eddison, Zebby and Derry were so much fun and made awesome drinks! I only wish they had fresh fruit for their Daqueries.
The location is the BEST on the island and they often spray to take care of the sand flies (which are a pest everywhere so make sure you have sunscreen AND bug spray on the beach ).
Some of the rooms are particularly noisy early on because of the staff talking and music - those being near the kitchens, the bar and the dive shop (where they prep the dive equipment). I would take a garden hut away from the dive shop if i came again. It rained a lot when we were there so were in our room a lot - which probably made the noise more noticeable.
Hot water is sparse. It is promised, but we ran our shower for 10 minutes one morning (on advice from maintenance) and it still didn't work. The pressure is terrible in some rooms (ours) but reportedly ok in others.
Room towels are ratty and have holes in them, not a big deal, but then when you are MADE TO PAY for your BEACH TOWEL for the week, you would expect them to spend a little money on upgrading some linen. I was so shocked - even though it was $5 each, this is the only resort i have been to where your very own beach towel isn't included - or at least you only leave a deposit. Not pay.
On a more positive note, movie night and crab racing is fun, and the bar and restaurant have a great vibe (ok food, nothing amazing for the price).
SO i guess it depends what your expectations are to begin with - I wish someone had warned us about these things and then we'd be prepared for them, not expect something more.
It was a fun experience though and i'm glad we went :)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located directly on West Bay Beach, our Roatan Eco Friendly Dive and Beach Front Resort is blessed with the turquoise waters of the Caribbean shaded under an amazing tropical canopy. We offer an island dream vacation for those who want to escape the stress of everyday life and relax Roatan Island style. We offer clean, comfortable and affordable rooms with a hammock on every porch and offer free breakfast, wifi, beach chairs, kayaks and smiles. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Orbitz so you can book your Bananarama Beach and Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Hotel West Bay
- Bananarama Dive Hotel
- Hotel Bananarama Dive
- Bananarama Beach And Dive Resort Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras