“The best beach on the island!” 5 of 5 stars

and up
West Bay Beach Round-Trip Transportation from Roatan
Ranked #1 of 13 things to do in West Bay
More attraction details
Owner description: West Bay is what many consider the picture-perfect Caribbean destination: white sand, clear, calm waters and full service resorts. The variety of water activities include scuba diving, fishing charters, snorkeling and parasailing. Scuba diving and other outfitters leave directly from the beach so starting your water-based activities is easy and convenient.
San Diego, California
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“The best beach on the island!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

This beach was the best in my opinIon. The water was crystal clear, you could see the fishes swimming around you! No waves to disturb the floor either...wish I was there now!

Visited June 2012
1 Thank aim2trvl

Brooklyn, New York
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Depends on what you are looking for...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

West Bay beach is by far the most beautifully groomed beach we have found on the island. However, it is also packed with high end resorts. It is a wonderful place to be if you are looking for the resort feel with tons of restaurants and bars. If you are looking for a more non-commercialized original Honduran feel it may not be the place for you. Out of a week, we only spent a couple hours here. Nevertheless, still a very nice place to be.

Visited November 2012
3 Thank Jennifer S
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
23 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 133 helpful votes
“Best Beach in Roatan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

This is a great beach, you can walk from one end to the other and see lots of hotels and restaurants and everyday life.
Snorkelling is very good at the south end where the rocks are.
Water Taxis are available at two piers to take you to West End, a small town with tourist shops.

Visited November 2012
2 Thank sprocak
Ann Arbor, Michigan
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“My new computer screen saver”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012

We got off the cruise ship and grabbed a cab for West Bay Beach. It is a great off the beaten track place. The water was wonderful. The scene was great - I use a picture I took that day as my screen saver. My wife and daughter got a massage on the beach from a local woman. The only caution I give it that it is remote. Our cabbie stayed with us the entire day for a nominal fee. We took our own food and beverages. There is some shopping and food, but it's minimal. If you are looking for a quiet day on a beautiful beach, this it the place!

Visited December 2011
New York City, New York
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 67 helpful votes
“Too many vendors”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Though we were there on a non-cruise-ship day, you could imagine how annoying it would be with the crowds and all the vendors (tshirts, jewelry, massages, etc). I can enjoy the water without the beach and this felt incredibly touristy. I'm glad to have seen it, but it was not worth the visit from Sandy Bay.

Visited October 2012