“Best Food on West Bay!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Fall Dive Special $499 pp
Ranked #5 of 11 hotels in West Bay
Missouri City, Texas
“Best Food on West Bay!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

we did not stay at this resort but by gosh.. the food here is hands down the best we had during our entire 8 day stay on West Bay!
We heard about it from a couple staying along the beach and thought we would give it a try and we are certainly glad we did!
The ceviche absolutely the best I've ever had!
We also had the Lobster Burritos which were stinking amazing as well! its a $13.00 plate which is enough to feed 2 and left us both full. They were so delish that we had to come back several times just to get some really good quality food.
Kuddos to Las Rocas on the amazing food!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

315 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Wooster, Ohio, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed February 23rd thru March 2nd. Neither of us are divers so for us the trip was about relaxing onthe beach and enjoying the sun which we did plenty of. We met 2 other couples while we were there that made the week even more fun. The resort was awesome! Fidel picked us up from the airport, kim took care of getting us all settled. We had a second floor room with a good view. The room was clean and simple and taken care of each day. We had no tv but didn't even need one. The included breakfasts were good and Winston was very gracious. For happy hour and beyond,we can't say enough good things about Randy and Alex who were amazing! We had several dinners at the resort that were awesome. Chef Isaac is brand new to the resort fresh out of culinary school in france so aside from the usual menu he ran some really good daily speacials. The Mustard Lobster Sautee was incredible! The deck was relaxing and you always felt safe. It was a quick walk over to the West Bay beach which worked out perfect. We spent just about every sunset sitting on the deck enjoy the view, the drinks and the people. I highly recommend this place, we will definitly go back!

Room Tip: 2nd floor Average rooms have views
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

This was my first time to Roatan and stayed at Las Rocas for the first week of my stay. It was a rocky start to get to the island with the worst storms ever with the airport shut down for two days but we managed to squeeze in. Sadly no one was at the airport because of the storms but the taxi drivers were kind and safe and I was able to get a refund.

I stayed in a supreme room for the first 5 days and the view of the sea was stunning and because of the stormy weather for 5 days, it was nice to have a hammock to read and kick back. One issue that was out of the resorts control was the noise of some of the other guests. The buildings are wood and plaster and while most go to bed around 10-11pm, there were some guests that came in drunk and loud. Sadly I didn't sleep well during my stay there because of these guests talking with others, they didn't have as many issues because their neighbours were quiet. This wouldn't hinder me from coming back but remember to bring ear plugs if blasting music at 11pm and 6am and screaming wakes you up!

I bought into the meal plan for the week and now that I'm more familiar with the area, I might not do that next time. The food was delicious, the staff (Alex, Randy and Winston) became friends and happy hour was a great time to kick back after a day in the sun.

I also purchased the 10 dive package which was why I came, and as a more beginner diver, I had a great time with the staff. Laura was a great instructor and hard worker. The dives were amazing and I can't recommend more the night dive is there's enough people to go.

West Bay beach is a quick walk over the boardwalk and remember to bring your snorkel gear.

As a single traveler, coming to West Bay was great. There were other single travelers staying at Las Rocas and the atmosphere was friendly and fun. Highly recommended for a great getaway.

Room Tip: Upgrading to the better rooms mean better beds.....for some that might be worth the money.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Morgan, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

my dive group visited las rocas for the day from a cruise ship. it could not have been better. they knew when to pick us up. they made it very easy. the resort people and dive professionals were great. we requested easy dives for new divers, and the dives were just right. we got back to the ship in plenty of time. i would use them again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at Las Rocas Resort and Dive Center December 1st. thru 9th. 2012.
The resort driver, Fidel was waiting for us at the airport. He assisted with our bags and was informative on our way to the resort. At the resort Fidel showed us to the reception desk, where the young lady was very pleasant and made check in simple and easy. She then showed us to our room, were once again Fidel assisted and helped open and inspect the room. We found the room to be very clean with an ac unit, ceiling fan and a stocked (reasonably priced) mini bar. The bed, though a little on the hard side, was comfortable. The water in the shower was lacking pressure, but adequate and the temperature was good and constant. We loved the tropical bungalow feel of the decor and construction with the hammock on the covered veranda. Our room was on the second floor with a romantic view of the ocean. Our room had no phone or TV, we had no need for them! We did purchase internet service, but it was spotty with just occasional posting of pictures and updates.
Exploring the area we found the resort is on the quiet end of West Bay Beach and about an hours walk along the beach from West End. Water taxis will take you to West End for $3.
We are not divers but guests that we spoke with were satisfied with the dive services offered.
Snorkeling is excellent along West Bay Beach!
After sampling food and drinks in West End and along West Bay Beach, we found that the resort's restaurant and bar were very competitive. The bar was well stocked and accommodating and the restaurant menu was varied with delicious offerings. Our included breakfasts were also very good and varied each morning.
The resort grounds are well kept and tropical. House keeping was thoughtful and first rate.
Reception helped us to get a rental car delivered to the resort one day and on another, helped to arrange an island tour.
Management has assembled an excellent team.
Las Rocas Resort and Dive Center should be considered for your vacation to Roatan!

Thank You... to all the staff and we look forward to returning.
Special thanks to Fidel, Alex, Randy, Winston and Jose!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Dauin, Philippines
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

The resort is in West Bay, which is quieter than West End. I found the lodging to be comfortable but a bit run down. I enjoyed the hammock and the porch area.

The hotel restaurant was fine- breakfast was included with my room but quality was hit and miss. The food varies daily and is a fixed plate. Would have been nice to have a decent protein item every day although there was an egg on the plate most days. I found the dinner items to be a touch pricey and not so great. The lunch items were a better value and could be had at dinner as well. Avoid the calamari and hamburger- tastes like pre-packaged frozen. The fish and chicken burritos were always good.

The staff overall were very friendly and helpful although there were a couple of exceptions with some arrogance and apathy. Excellent staff includes: Laura (see below), Winston the bartender, Christina who seemed to cover ever job from driving guests to working the bar after her shift, and special thanks to Guillermo for patiently helping me practice my Spanish.

The dive operation was always late, once over 45 minutes. Laura was a great dive guide and worked very hard hauling tanks and gear without much help from other staff. On three occasions, the dive boat could not be started after the dive. The captain must have lost skin from his fingers trying to jump the starter directly. On one of these strandings, I took my camera and swam to shore to walk back. The boat just needed a battery which was not replaced during my stay.

The diving itself was alright- calm and easy but without much excitement. This is a good place for students and inexperienced divers. The water is warm, clear, and calm. The reef is in decent health.

Room Tip: Standard bungalow is likely preferable to the more expensive stand-alone bungalows.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

we stayed for a few nights at Las Rocas. The cabanas were nice, with a nice, high ceilings. The bathroom was very small, and often there was no hot water. Staff were friendly. The breakfast was great, it changed daily, but they were willing to make me eggs when only pancakes were available. The Hondurian breakfast was our favourite! Refried beans, sourcream, plantains, and eggs too! It's not located directly on the beach, but it's a quick 2 minute walk along a bridge to the beach.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center? Share your experiences!