My wife and I stayed at Las Rocas Resort and Dive Center December 1st. thru 9th. 2012.
The resort driver, Fidel was waiting for us at the airport. He assisted with our bags and was informative on our way to the resort. At the resort Fidel showed us to the reception desk, where the young lady was very pleasant and made check in simple and easy. She then showed us to our room, were once again Fidel assisted and helped open and inspect the room. We found the room to be very clean with an ac unit, ceiling fan and a stocked (reasonably priced) mini bar. The bed, though a little on the hard side, was comfortable. The water in the shower was lacking pressure, but adequate and the temperature was good and constant. We loved the tropical bungalow feel of the decor and construction with the hammock on the covered veranda. Our room was on the second floor with a romantic view of the ocean. Our room had no phone or TV, we had no need for them! We did purchase internet service, but it was spotty with just occasional posting of pictures and updates.
Exploring the area we found the resort is on the quiet end of West Bay Beach and about an hours walk along the beach from West End. Water taxis will take you to West End for $3.
We are not divers but guests that we spoke with were satisfied with the dive services offered.
Snorkeling is excellent along West Bay Beach!
After sampling food and drinks in West End and along West Bay Beach, we found that the resort's restaurant and bar were very competitive. The bar was well stocked and accommodating and the restaurant menu was varied with delicious offerings. Our included breakfasts were also very good and varied each morning.
The resort grounds are well kept and tropical. House keeping was thoughtful and first rate.
Reception helped us to get a rental car delivered to the resort one day and on another, helped to arrange an island tour.
Management has assembled an excellent team.
Las Rocas Resort and Dive Center should be considered for your vacation to Roatan!
Thank You... to all the staff and we look forward to returning.
Special thanks to Fidel, Alex, Randy, Winston and Jose!
- Also Known As:
- Las Rocas Resort And Dive Center
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Hotel West Bay
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Hotel
- Las Rocas Resort Dive Center
- Las Rocas Hotel Dive Center
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on Roatan's most beautifull beach, Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center offers the perfect setting for your intimate getaway vacation. Dive Roatan's marine park from the doorstep of your cabin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Venere, Tingo and Hotels.com so you can book your Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.