The resort is in West Bay, which is quieter than West End. I found the lodging to be comfortable but a bit run down. I enjoyed the hammock and the porch area.
The hotel restaurant was fine- breakfast was included with my room but quality was hit and miss. The food varies daily and is a fixed plate. Would have been nice to have a decent protein item every day although there was an egg on the plate most days. I found the dinner items to be a touch pricey and not so great. The lunch items were a better value and could be had at dinner as well. Avoid the calamari and hamburger- tastes like pre-packaged frozen. The fish and chicken burritos were always good.
The staff overall were very friendly and helpful although there were a couple of exceptions with some arrogance and apathy. Excellent staff includes: Laura (see below), Winston the bartender, Christina who seemed to cover ever job from driving guests to working the bar after her shift, and special thanks to Guillermo for patiently helping me practice my Spanish.
The dive operation was always late, once over 45 minutes. Laura was a great dive guide and worked very hard hauling tanks and gear without much help from other staff. On three occasions, the dive boat could not be started after the dive. The captain must have lost skin from his fingers trying to jump the starter directly. On one of these strandings, I took my camera and swam to shore to walk back. The boat just needed a battery which was not replaced during my stay.
The diving itself was alright- calm and easy but without much excitement. This is a good place for students and inexperienced divers. The water is warm, clear, and calm. The reef is in decent health.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on Roatan's most beautifull beach, Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center offers the perfect setting for your intimate getaway vacation. Dive Roatan's marine park from the doorstep of your cabin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, T4B, Expedia, Hotels.com and Despegar.com so you can book your Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Las Rocas Resort And Dive Center
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Hotel West Bay
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
- Las Rocas Hotel Dive Center