My husband, 2 year old son and I stayed for the week of Thanksgiving. We prefer intimate, simple settings with the focus being on the natural beauty of the area, versus over the top hotels. We got a great deal with breakfast and round trip transportation to airport included. We upgraded to the standalone bungalows that have recently had some TLC.
We were thrilled with Las Rocas. From my early e-mail exchanges with Pasquele to the ride back to the airport, we were incredibly impressed with the staff! The front office (Kim and staff) went out of their way to accomedate any and all requests, Alex, Dragon and Winston made every meal a special occassion and they had a homemade birthday cake for my husband! Wonderful food in a spectacular small setting.
The accomedations were simple, peaceful and clean. I wasn't sure why the salt water wading pool never got filled up but with a short walk to the beach- no big deal. Everyone on the island that we met were genuinely kind and helpful. We went during a pretty rainy week and the sand fleas and mosquitos were brutal- no amount of Deet helped our cause- a lady later suggested baby oil as it creates enough of a skin barrier- have yet to try that.
The beach got busy on the days that cruise ships are in but we looked on a website in advance that alerted us as to what days they would be in port so we could stay away.
We did go to Gambolina Park- a short walk up the beach- on a rainy day in the morning and had the place to ourselves. I had been originally concerned about the treatment of the monkeys and the McCaws but as a sensitive animal lover, I was very impressed-
We would certainly go back again- tucked away from everything but you can walk to all that you need. Thank you Las Rocas- we miss you already!
- Also Known As:
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Hotel
- Las Rocas Resort And Dive Center
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Hotel West Bay
- Las Rocas Resort Dive Center
- Las Rocas Hotel Dive Center
- Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center Roatan, Bay Islands, Honduras
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Tucked away on Roatan's most beautifull beach, Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center offers the perfect setting for your intimate getaway vacation. Dive Roatan's marine park from the doorstep of your cabin. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Tingo, Hotels.com, Venere and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Las Rocas Resort & Dive Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.