“Beach was lovely but fun was ruined by parasail vendor” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #18 of 25 Attractions in West Bay
Kansas City, Missouri
“Beach was lovely but fun was ruined by parasail vendor”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2011

Beach and pool were beautiful, the food fabulous and reasonably priced. There are several people walking the beach selling bracelets and wood carvings and etc. they are kind and move along pretty well.
However I was approached by a para-sail company who had a sign and appeared anxious to get a rider so they could drum up some more business. I wanted to take 4 kids and myself but did not want to pay full price. I told him I only had 100 dollars and he brought the boss over to make sure they were not going too low. She said that is a deal so I paid for two rides and we got on the boat.
After we were finished the boat driver told us we owed more money. I told him that I had pre-paid and negotiated the price. Then the salesman stopped me, saying he would have to pay out of his pocket and then the boss (I want to point out that the boss is not from Honduras) met me on the beach and tried to tell me they lost money. Then another guy came over and brought the police who listened to her story of how I ripped them off and they pointed to the price and said that I should have paid 325 dollars but they would take 80 more dollars. The police were taking me to jail so I had to borrow money to pay them. The kids were upset and so was I.

Visited December 2011

Kingsland, Georgia
“We will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2011

The resort is absolutely beautiful, it feels very tropical. The staff is very helpful and friendly. There wasn't anything that I didn't like except having to leave the resort when time to board the ship.

Visited June 2011
Baltimore, MD
6 attraction reviews
“Just Say No - Beautiful But Overcrowded”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2011

My family of four (boys 18 & 20) did a day trip off of a cruise to the Mayan Princess on the recommendation of our taxi driver. The resort is as seen in pictures - beautiful West Bay beach location, crystal clear waters and scenic pool. BUUUUUT, they oversell the $10 day passes. No chairs by the beach or pool and lots of complaining customers. The manager did not seem interested in helping his customers and the staff suddenly became very limited in their English. And the groups just kept pouring in joining the displeased hordes already inside. I can imagine staying at this resort would be a disaster on these cruise days. There's a series of these West Bay resorts - find a less crowded alternative!