“Spectactular team and dive location!” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Improve this listing
Certificate of Excellence 2014
More attraction details
Owner description: PADI 5 Star Instructor Development Resort on the premises of Mayan Princess Beach & Dive Resort. High standard operation committed to personal service, safety and fun. Small groups diving, snorkel tours, day trips. Nice boats never crowded. All programs and courses from Discover Scuba Diving to Divemaster internships and Instructor ratings! Rental cameras and photo services available. Dive packages and specials through out the year.
Kelowna, Canada
“Spectactular team and dive location!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

What an incredible experience and absolute pleasure it was for me to arrive at the Mayan Divers Dive shop at the Mayan Princess Resort on March 27th. I chose to get my PADI open water certification while vacationing for two weeks. I was so impressed with how Kimberlie and Silvia dealt with my questions and request by email ahead of time. Once I arrived I was scheduled for my training, confined dives and open water dives.

WOW - this whole experience exceeded my expectations as not only did I get PADI certified in my first week, but continued to do some incredible dives in my second week, and ended my vacation with a shark dive that literally brought me to tears of emotion due to the awe inspiring, adrenaline and majestic nature of the dive.
Beyond the open water dive certification, the beauty of the reef, marine life and warm tropical water was the fact that I made friends with the staff at Mayan Divers. Ed and Kimberlie with her adorable baby bump are wonderful people who own the shop. Silvia and Mark are Dive Masters/Instructors that are professional and friendly. And then there was Jeannot, my instructor throughout my experience - well, Jeannot was so patient, understanding, professional and friendly and I am forever grateful for his instruction as I gained confidence and experience in the water as a new diver.
I must also mention Tedy and Manuel, the captains of the boats which are an intregral part of the diving experience. They are great men and made the experience fun and they were helpful with good humour. The dive shop also have interns and one of them was my dive buddy, Melvin. I so appreciated his respect, friendliness and he was a great dive buddy for this "older gal" as he is a young man gaining experience and certifications to continue to be a dive master himself. I wish him all the best as he continues his journey.
All in all, I can only say positive things about the Mayan Divers and the whole experience.
I will forever be grateful and I WILL be back to this place for sure!
Hugs to all,
Edee

Hello Edee,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review of our shop and the team.

I will always remember your passion for diving, you almost had me in tears with your pure love for the sport - so emotional.

We miss you both and we can't wait for you both to dive with us here again.

Big big hugs.
Kimberlie xo

Whitby, Canada
3 attraction reviews
“Great People + Great Dives = A Wonderful Vacation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

Mayan Divers, this is a professionally run and operated dive shop. Kimberlie and Ed, the owners, focus on the complete satisfaction of the diver. They have taken, in my opinion, a fledgling dive shop and developed it into a premier dive operation, in a few short months. They have excellent staff, equipment and a suburb array of dive sites, for an exciting dive experience. I chose Mayan Divers to obtain my PADI Divemaster certification. If you are looking for a great place to go PADI PRO, THIS IS THE PALCE. I spent an incredible time with Mayan Divers obtaining my DM and enjoyed every second of it. Leadership by example is their mission statement; I look for it and they have it. Their team of professional dive instructors do it right the first time, and as a student, this is paramount. I want to be my best when leading dives, and now I can say I have learned from the best.

For those who need to rent dive equipment this dive shop has it all. If you either do not have gear or forget something, they have what you need. The equipment is well maintained with safety as the primary objective.

The diving and snorkelling are breathtaking. Pristine coral reefs, tremendous visibility and the variety of undersea wildlife is breathtaking. Turtles, Moray Eels, Rays, Crabs, Lobsters, Squid, Octopus to name a few are abundant throughout the choice of dive sites. Drift Dives, Night Dives, Wreck Dives, you cannot be bored. The Shark Dive booked through Mayan Divers is a must do. Words cannot describe the exhilaration I experienced and the absolute splendour of these magnificent marine creatures. I dove with many other vacationers while at Mayan Divers and the guests are awesome. It is fun to dive when everyone is truly enjoying themselves, and I enjoyed myself tremendously and will return. There is so much variety in the Caribbean, but when you find that “Diamond in the Rough” you remember it. Kimberlie, Ed, Edwen, Jeannot, Sylvia, Tom, E.J. and Tedy, thanks to you all for a wonderful holiday. I am counting the days til I return

Visited January 2014
Hello there Vernon!

Thank you for taking the time to write such a well thought out review. We couldn't have been happier to have you as part of our team over the course of 5 weeks and we definitely miss you around the shop.

You brought a wonderful hard-working spirit to the shop and we couldn't have asked for a better Divemaster Trainee!

Congrats on completing the course and we look forward to having you back in September to complete your Instructor course!

See you soon!
Burlington, Canada
“Great Dive team”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

After 10 years of not diving, I went to Roatan last week for a vacation, I contacted Mayan Divers with regards to needing a refresher course and regular diving. I received all the info I needed from Kimberlie via email before my trip and I had my refresher course and my other dives booked prior to my arrival. When I arrived and went to the shop to introduce myself, Kimberlie met me knew my name as if we were old freinds. Everyone is extremely friendly, helpful, knowledgeable and professional. Silvia, whom I did my refresher with is a great instructor and a wealth of knowledge. The Team of Teddy (Captain) and his crew are great guys and very helpful on the boat. Our DiveMaster Mark, is awesome. He knows the reefs and dive sites like the back of his hand. He is always looking out for you and searching for highlights in each dive, beit Turtles, Eels, Rays.. so you don't miss out.
My expeience with them was awesome and if you go to Roatan, you must use Mayan Divers for an overall great diving experience. Kimbelie & Ed run a great operation.

HI Iain!

It was great diving with you too and getting to know you over the week you were here.

We are truly happy you had such a wonderful experience diving with us and we look forward to a return visit maybe next year!

Have a great day!!

Kind regards,
Kimberlie
“Awesome dives and people!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

I rarely take time to write reviews, but i'll make an exception this time to make sure i can pass on my appreciation to the team at Mayan Divers.
It's been an amazing diving week with a highly professionnal crew. Kim, Eduardo and Mark are knowledgeable, friendly and incredibly service oriented. I couldn't expect more from a 5 stars Padi centre. What an awesome overall experience! I recommand this place to everyone planning to go diving in Roatan.

MayanDivers, Manager at Mayan Divers, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write this great review!

It was great diving with you for the week and we hope to see you back again sooner rather than later!!

Have a great day!!

Kind regards,
Strathroy, Canada
“Jack P "best week of diving in 20 years!"”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

Just returned from the best week of diving I have experienced in 20 years! Perfect weather, calm ocean conditions and the abundance of life on the reef in Roatan combined with excellent full service from Mayan Divers, under new ownership with refurbished dive boats and friendly and very knowledgeable staff. Our dive master Mark had 18 years of experience diving in Roatan and knew the reef like the back of his hand, pointing out all the usual turtles, rays, eels etc. and the unusual creatures such as pipe horses during relaxed pace diving.

Visited March 2014
MayanDivers, Manager at Mayan Divers, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Thank you so much for taking the time to write your review and for this positive feedback.

We have been working very hard at making improvements to the facility and also to the boats, so we are thrilled to hear you noticed the steps we have been taking in order to make your experience here a comfortable and enjoyable one!

We couldn't be happier with all of the staff here and are so happy you feel the same!

Looking forward to diving with you again next year!