“West Bay's Best Kept Secret” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 13 Activities in West Bay
Miami Beach, Florida
53 attraction reviews
“West Bay's Best Kept Secret”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were there in the middle of November and the weather wasn't cooperating during the last two days of our stay so we looked for something else to do since we couldn't be outside.

Had I known about this place at the beginning of our stay on the island, I would've gone there daily for a massage. I didn't want to get a massage from the ladies who offer their services while walking on the beautiful beach - am a bit of a "clean freak" and not really sure about the oils that they use. My best friend and I wanted a 4-hour treatment to fill our afternoon. I didn't have expectations as I tend to do that when travelling to developing countries - but were we more than pleasantly surprised?

When we arrived for our 3.5 hour appointment, the ladies who greeted us were so friendly and accomodating. The lobby area was basic but clean (Balinese/island style decor) so I felt comfortable right away - it also helped a lot when we found out the owners are originally from Portland, OR area.

The entire experience was sublime - my papaya facial was amazing; the massage was heavenly; my coconut/chocolate body scrub was superb and being "bathe" after having been wrapped in foil made me feel like I "princess". I wish I can have someone bathe me all the time! Ha! The therapist was very professional and I never felt rushed...this experience took "pampering" to the next level! When we were done with the treatment, I had one of the ladies do my polish change since my nails were chipping from scuba diving earlier in the week. They even gave us each a rum cocktail while getting my nails painted.

And did I mention the price was a fraction of what one would pay at high-end spas back in the States - Calistoga, CA or San Francisco or Miami (where I call home these days)? The staff there certainly don't skimp on service...true island hospitality!

If this is the only reason that I will come back to West Bay, it will be well-worth it! Until next time...

Visited November 2012

Seattle, Washington
5 attraction reviews
“Glad we went here...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 31, 2012

We were staying at the west bay lodge and had some credit to use the spa... Glad we did that... I got a relaxation massage and the wife got a dep tissue Thai massage... Height marks for the entire experience.

New York City, New York
“Fixed my neck cramps!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

I was taking my scuba diving courses in Roatan, and had quite severe neck aches from carrying some heavy equipment on the first day. I had happened to meet a woman named Celeste the previous evening, and she mentioned that she owns or leases to a spa and massage parlor -- what a stroke of luck that I remembered this! The massage therapist who worked on me was named Yamileth, pronounced like "Jamalette". I picked from a menu of aromas for the massage oil, and she had me change into a robe and store away my belongings in a personal locker.

I chose the 50 minute full-body massage, and let her know I needed extra attention on my neck and shoulder area. It was so sore that I couldn't even bend my head backwards, and actually had trouble sleeping too. Her hands were firm and very precise, she found the knots in my back and loosened them up after a session that lasted over an hour (she threw in an extra 10 minutes because she could tell I really needed it!)

I immediately felt the difference... My neck and shoulders were still sore but were much looser and i had regained some mobility. Yamileth also explained that she only worked on my neck for 15/20 minutes because working too much on a muscle could cause more damage than help. she suggested I come back the next day for just 10-15 minutes for neck and shoulder only.

That turned out to be the best decision ever. By the time I left my second massage appointment, I felt like a totally new person and had full mobility back in my neck. Not to mention... Yamileth told Celeste about my neck, and Celeste gave my scuba diving instructor a heads up to have somebody carry my equipment for me the next day! Amazing service and hospitality! They also have cute mani/pedi options and other spa services. Highly recommended, very friendly and worth every penny.

Ottawa, Canada
“Something for everyone!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

My husband, my daughters, and I took advantage of a wide variety of spa services, including the salt scrub massage combo, pedicures (with super-cute Christmas motifs), and papaya facials. It was an excellent and unique experience for everyone. The massages included a few stretches that really helped release the tension from doing many of the intense activities available on the island (e.g. zip-lining, scuba diving, and dune-buggy rides in the mountain). I wish I had squeezed another spa visit in before leaving for snowy Ottawa...next time.

White Rock, Canada
“Simply 'paradise' in Roatan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2012

What a wonderful experience at Serenity Day Spa in West Bay Beach on Roatan… I keep going back … wonderful salt scrubs get your skin glowing and ready for the beach, I can’t get over how soft my skin feels. Add to that an hour massage and a pedicure plus rum punch and you have pampering at its best!! it certainly melts away any stress! The staff is friendly, professional and well trained. And the price… oh my goodness, I pay more for only a massage in Canada. All in air conditioned, uniquely decorated surroundings. They even have couples massages!! An experience not to be missed when in Roatan!! I highly recommend it!