“The BEST Place to Stay in Roatan - And Probably in all of Central America!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of The Mansion at Costa Tesoro

Save Saved
You added The Mansion at Costa Tesoro to your Saves list
The Mansion at Costa Tesoro
West Bay Beach, West Bay 10101, Honduras   |
Ranked #4 of 4 West Bay B&B and Inns
Antigua, Guatemala
“The BEST Place to Stay in Roatan - And Probably in all of Central America!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

Few hotels leave you totally speechless of your stay! This is sooo definitely one of them. I can't even begin to explain what an amazing - PERFECT - stay we had here.

Luckily, I had the chance to meet TJ, the super fun owner, and while he was showing me around he off-handed said that he has to tell a lot of his guests to get off the property and explore. As he said this, I thought of course they have to, they're in Roatan. After 1 day of 'exploring' I didn't want to leave and neither did my son. If we had it our way, we would have stayed there the whole time!

It all started with Ron, the manager, picking us up at the airport. Instantly he was a total blast and I have to say he has made my experience in Roatan UNFORGETTABLE!

Aside from being a great guy and an amazing host, he is without a doubt one of the best chef's I've had the pleasure of trying different creations from. My 7 year old son, who is a horribly picky eater, was telling me to take 'chef' lessons from Ron.

The hotel is designed as a Mansion. Each suite has complete privacy overlooking the sea. Some suites have jacuzzis and private porches as well. Then there is a large living room with a huge kitchen where you find yourself chilling out for hours doing a whole lot of nothing while looking out on to the crystal clear waters.

But wait - it gets better - the pool! This is also a reason why parents with kids will feel they have total freedom. There is an enormous pool with slides and waterfalls and caves. The minute your child goes in to the water, immediately one of the staff members rushes over to the pool and stands on watch so that the parents can continue relaxing.

At night is when Ron is doing his creations and serves them up on the porch as you watch the sun go down.

Like I said, it's too hard to put down in words what a superb place and experience this is. You HAVE to experience it for yourself!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Business
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Unique among the jewels of the Caribbean, the Mansion at Costa Tesoro in Roatan, is a five star guest house touching the ocean. From the exquisite salt water pool, or the huge deck, you can watch the sun set over the ocean. But far beyond the location and beautifully appointed rooms, it is the personalized service that sets this vacation apart. From the time that the manager (Ron) met me at the airport, he was dedicated to giving me the holiday of a lifetime. From showing me the best snorkel spots, to attending to my every whim, he was ever the consummate gentleman. Ron is also a world class chef, so the food was beyond any possible expectation. This would be a wonderful destination holiday for a family, but as a single professional person if felt particularly safe and fun.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Santa Monica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

People traveling to Roatan must know that all photos they see on the internet are specially from West Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It is very important that you make sure your resort is in this beach, otherwise you might be very disappointed.

I have created a free map with all the resorts at West Bay Beach. I hope it's useful when choosing your hotel.

Map of West Bay Beach, Roatan, Honduras:

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

This place is a true gem! I had looked into staying at a few different hotels prior to travelling to Roatan and finally settled upon The Mansion at Costa Tesoro. I am so glad I did.

The attention to detail both in terms of service and architecture at this Hacienda-like resort was marvellous. And what hosts! TJ Lynch and his partner Gabriella were amazing. There was nothing they wouldn't do for me...even lending me use of their private computer when business I thought I had left behind in Canada came knocking at my door in Roatan.

And the food...TJ is a trained chef and it shows. In addition to fabulous ommelettes for breakfast, I had the tastiest (and most creative) banana/apple/walnut pancakes you could possibly imagine.

I highly recommend The Mansion at Costa Tesoro for any discerning traveller!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

The best of both worlds.....the beach and the Colonial feel of Mexico. TJ has not missed a single detail in design for you to know you are staying at "the best". You are in a relaxed atmosphere from your own room, to the kitchen/living room. He has a nice choice of movies for that quiet stay in eve in your room or the living room with the other guests. It was nice having that choice...and as a social person, I liked having that option.
If you're looking for quality, comfort andthe best of everything (right down to the loavable dogs)on the beach....with gourmet meals....THIS IS IT. The best sunsets in the world right from your deck....the BEST. Since you're in the heart of West Bay Beach, you can walk to everything including the water taxi if you're looking for livelier action in West End. And TJ is very knowledgeable about the island for all your questions of what to do where and when and why!! Great gift to Roatan TJ!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

The place was like nothing we've ever seen before. The attention to detail was amazing, every need is covered (including a squash court). The decks lead out to the most beautiful views of West Bay Beach and the most gorgeous sunsets. On a clear night we could see glow of lights of Utilia and mainland Honduras. TJ cooked us an amazing lobster and shrimp dinner (he had 8 years of training as a chef). His knowledge of the island is extensive and was greatly appreciated by us. His staff were well trained and very courteous. The pool was definitely one of a kind and we had good times in it.

If you want to feel like royalty, stay here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

We just returned home from a trip to Roatan Honduras. We were lucky enough to be able to stay at The Mansion at Costa Tesoro. What an incredible place. The food was out of this world, the view from the deck is the best on the island, with gorgeous sunsets and beautiful blue water, the linens were so soft we thought they were silk, the owner is personable and took care of us like we were family. We would highly recommend The Mansion at Costa Tesoro.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to The Mansion at Costa Tesoro? Share your experiences!