“Absolutely fabulous” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #4 of 4 West Bay B&B and Inns
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Absolutely fabulous”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 14, 2011

Unique among the jewels of the Caribbean, the Mansion at Costa Tesoro in Roatan, is a five star guest house touching the ocean. From the exquisite salt water pool, or the huge deck, you can watch the sun set over the ocean. But far beyond the location and beautifully appointed rooms, it is the personalized service that sets this vacation apart. From the time that the manager (Ron) met me at the airport, he was dedicated to giving me the holiday of a lifetime. From showing me the best snorkel spots, to attending to my every whim, he was ever the consummate gentleman. Ron is also a world class chef, so the food was beyond any possible expectation. This would be a wonderful destination holiday for a family, but as a single professional person if felt particularly safe and fun.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo

8 people have reviewed this hotel

Business
Santa Monica
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2011

People traveling to Roatan must know that all photos they see on the internet are specially from West Bay Beach, one of the most beautiful beaches in the world. It is very important that you make sure your resort is in this beach, otherwise you might be very disappointed.

I have created a free map with all the resorts at West Bay Beach. I hope it's useful when choosing your hotel.

Map of West Bay Beach, Roatan, Honduras:

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2010

This place is a true gem! I had looked into staying at a few different hotels prior to travelling to Roatan and finally settled upon The Mansion at Costa Tesoro. I am so glad I did.

The attention to detail both in terms of service and architecture at this Hacienda-like resort was marvellous. And what hosts! TJ Lynch and his partner Gabriella were amazing. There was nothing they wouldn't do for me...even lending me use of their private computer when business I thought I had left behind in Canada came knocking at my door in Roatan.

And the food...TJ is a trained chef and it shows. In addition to fabulous ommelettes for breakfast, I had the tastiest (and most creative) banana/apple/walnut pancakes you could possibly imagine.

I highly recommend The Mansion at Costa Tesoro for any discerning traveller!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled solo
Santa Cruz, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2010

The best of both worlds.....the beach and the Colonial feel of Mexico. TJ has not missed a single detail in design for you to know you are staying at "the best". You are in a relaxed atmosphere from your own room, to the kitchen/living room. He has a nice choice of movies for that quiet stay in eve in your room or the living room with the other guests. It was nice having that choice...and as a social person, I liked having that option.
If you're looking for quality, comfort andthe best of everything (right down to the loavable dogs)on the beach....with gourmet meals....THIS IS IT. The best sunsets in the world right from your deck....the BEST. Since you're in the heart of West Bay Beach, you can walk to everything including the water taxi if you're looking for livelier action in West End. And TJ is very knowledgeable about the island for all your questions of what to do where and when and why!! Great gift to Roatan TJ!

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
winnipeg
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2010

The place was like nothing we've ever seen before. The attention to detail was amazing, every need is covered (including a squash court). The decks lead out to the most beautiful views of West Bay Beach and the most gorgeous sunsets. On a clear night we could see glow of lights of Utilia and mainland Honduras. TJ cooked us an amazing lobster and shrimp dinner (he had 8 years of training as a chef). His knowledge of the island is extensive and was greatly appreciated by us. His staff were well trained and very courteous. The pool was definitely one of a kind and we had good times in it.

If you want to feel like royalty, stay here.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2010

We just returned home from a trip to Roatan Honduras. We were lucky enough to be able to stay at The Mansion at Costa Tesoro. What an incredible place. The food was out of this world, the view from the deck is the best on the island, with gorgeous sunsets and beautiful blue water, the linens were so soft we thought they were silk, the owner is personable and took care of us like we were family. We would highly recommend The Mansion at Costa Tesoro.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Vancouver BC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 29, 2010

Our stay at The Mansion at Costa Tesoro was a truly remarkable experience. I never dreamed of staying at such a beautiful place. If you are planning to enjoy a vacation in a one-of-a-kind dreamland, this is the place. We thoroughly enjoyed TJ's hospitality during our stay and are already planning our return to Roatan next year.

We arrived at the Mansion and as we passed through the massive gate, it was like being transported into a different century. The palm lined drive opened onto a courtyard with fountains and the mansion with winding staircases. My room felt like I had been transported in to time of Zorro. My room had creamy yellow walls with red aceents, an impossibly high ceiling, massive wooden doors and a balcony with wrought iron railings overlooking the courtyear and the central fountain...magic!

The rest of the house was just as amazing. The huge balcony overlooking the ocean was were we had our breakfasts and enjoyed many beautful sunsets. It overlooked a pool that had islands with palm trees in them! The food was truly fabulous and we enjoyed several wonderful lobster dinners prepared by Chef JT. I was in heaven....for two weeks.

Stayed February 2010

Been to The Mansion at Costa Tesoro? Share your experiences!