“Treasures in Roatan” 5 of 5 stars

Type: Specialty Shops, Shopping
Orangeville Ontario
“Treasures in Roatan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

This year I couldn't wait to go back again and see what new pieces could be found at "Karma Jewellery Design".

We were back to stay at the Mayan Princess from April 7th - April 14th, 2014 for the 3rd time.
There were 18 of us (9 couples) in our group, so each morning us Girls would go down to see Karla and take another look. Needless to say, we visited each day we were in Roatan, and each one of us took home a few pieces!!

Their hut is set up just a short walk from the resort. Karla and her husband Marco design and make all of their jewellery out of silver and various gem-stones . They have some beautiful quality pieces that you will not find anywhere else! I now have more than my share of unique jewellery from "Karma" and I wear a piece every day.

Their jewellery is on display from about 10:00 AM – 1:30 in the afternoon. Go and check out their booth. Karla is expecting her 3rd son in June and she is an absolute sweetheart! I am looking forward already to going back to see her again next April if not sooner!

THANKS KARLA!!! SEE YOU SOON!!
Hugs, Kim xo

California Hot Springs, California
6 attraction reviews
“Jewelry Design”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2014

If you're expecting a fancy location don't go. It's a booth with a table directly on the beach. It's a great little booth with a nice array of earrings, necklaces and bracelets. The items are a little pricey but she does take credit cards. Just be aware that Honduras has a hefty tax (15%) that can typically be avoided by paying cash. Her hours anr Tuesday thru Sunday, 9ish-1:30pm. I did buy 3 pairs of earrings.

UNITED STATES
13 attraction reviews
“Found her!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2014

I was looking for her booth "ON" the beach and it's nestled up on the edge next door to the resort I was staying at (Argentenian Grill) and they have a little portable tent that they take with when they leave so if you come by after she's gone you won't see her "shop'....she is there late a.m. until I believe about 1:00 p.m.

Very nice jewelry very nice lady. Such talent. I was happy to buy something made "by her!" and the money go directly to her. Nice variety.

14 attraction reviews
“Find her its worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2014

Very important....Karma leaves @ 1 pm!!!

I looked for Karma every day during our 1 week stay on West Bay as I had read about her on Trip Advisor and wanted to see her jewelry. I finally found her @ 1pm on Friday as she was closing up, so came back on Saturday one hour before leaving the island. I must say her jewelry was definitely worth the hunt and the wait. You must find her and see her stuff!! What I don't think anyone has said before..her jewelry is 100% unique...she and her husband mold the silver and she stamps her pieces with her mark. Every piece is gorgeous. She also does beautiful braided jewelry as well.
But here is the scene... be ready :) I really only had a few minutes... I flew down the beach w/ my credit card and leftover cash. Karma was there and no one was at her booth (it is alot smaller than it looks in the pictures and at the top of the beach at the far end AWAY from "the wall". I had just started looking when three ladies came together and muscled in determined to take over the whole booth, pretty much pushing me to the side corner. Karma was really very sweet, I could tell she knew I was interested and helped me pick out a beautiful necklace and then some pieces for my daughters and a beaded necklace for a gift while also helping the other ladies and keeping an eye on her jewelry as well. I could have kept picking out pieces and wished I did now that I am home and looking @ the quality of her work!!!

Like I said.. you MUST find her!

Visited March 2014
Ottawa, Canada
“Unique, beautifully crafted jewelry”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2014

I have just returned from my most recent trip to Roatan. Per my tradition, I purchased a number of pieces from Karma Jewelry. As always, the pieces are beautifully crafted and unique. This husband and wife team pride themselves on excellence. They are wonderful to speak with and you can learn a lot about the island. Though it is very difficult for me to give the handcrafted pieces as gifts as I want to keep everyone of them for myself, they are always well received and appreciated by the receiver. I have purchased a number of pieces through the 8 years I have visited Roatan and they have stood the test of time. They do not tarnish and look as beautiful today as the day I purchased them. The commissioned pieces I ordered are exquisite. Do not hesitate to purchase any jewelry item from Karma jewelry while in Roatan as you will not be disappointed. I plan to buy more next time I am there!

Visited March 2014