“Dine with parrots” 4 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Takeout, Late Night, Dessert
Piedmont, CA
“Dine with parrots”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

Celeste's has a few parrots, I saw three but there might be more. They are just hanging around preening each other and chatting away all day. Its very sweet! I went to the bar one afternoon for a drink while the parrots were still out and about. We had dinner here one night but the parrots had been put to bed for the night. On to the food, its good. Lettuce on the salad was fresh and crisp. I learned it is grown hydroponically at the arboretum.

We had their signature dish which is the baleadas. Its like a large soft taco. It was very good. The best part of the meal was dessert, the caramelized bananas and ice cream. So delicious! The atmosphere is fun. I wish we would have eaten here again.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Washington, DC
“Overall excellent! Wish I would have stayed at WBL instead of Tranquil Bay (down the road)”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2014

After spending a glorious couple of days on the island of Guanaja, Honduras, we booked two nights in Roatan to catch our flight back to the US. Booked at the Tranquil Bay (terrible and smelled like something died) and ventured out for a meal after eating our first meal at the hotel (teribble--probably the worst meal). I had read a bit about WBL and Celeste's Island Cuisine on TripAdvisor. The food was AWESOME and inexpensive. I had the shrimp tacos, my son had fish tacos and my husband bolanos (sp? local food) Portions, flavors and service by DaVinci left us happy, stuffed and wanting to come back for dinner (however they were closed on Sunday for dinner). Celeste, the owner (along with her husband and son) was very nice when I stopped by to say hi after having another great experience at her Spa! Had a great facial at a very reasonable price. My son loved the parrot that was brought over after lunch was finished. great pictures, great time and next time......I will stay at WBL instead of TB!!!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Billings, Montana
“Great and reasonable breakfast”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

My husband and I ate here twice on our vacation. Each day for breakfast you have two choices and they were always very good for $5. This includes juices, coffee, toast, baked goods. Great deal and such a cute little restaurant with their 3 friendly parrots visiting you.

Visited April 2014
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“Great dinner and atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

6 of us went to Celeste's last evening for dinner. Food was wonderful, open air island casual atmosphere spectacular and the service from our waiter, Darson, helpful, pleasant and prompt. We'll be back. Shrimp And grouper Baleadas were the choices of the majority. Thanks to all at Celeste's for a wonderful experience!

• 5 of 5 stars Food
Millersburg, Kentucky
“Great lobster and delicious drinks!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Delicious fresh food! We liked everything we tried. Drinks and food served pool-side were an extra treat!

• 4 of 5 stars Food