“Favourite Meal of the Week” 5 of 5 stars

+504-9936-2594
Website
Improve this listing
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Dessert
Description: Roatan's Rendezvous Cafe des Arts and Sushi Grill serve fresh Sushi, grilled meats and seafood, Kobe beef, Ginger soy duck and other epicurean delights like homemade pies and desserts, Italian coffee, and French cuisine. Private tatami room. A tranquil setting 500 feet from West Bay Beach and the West Bay Mall. Walking distance from all West Bay hotels. Even the most travelled sushi connoisseur will find rare sushi delights here. Reservations required.
Ontario
“Favourite Meal of the Week”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

My husband, daughter and I had the pleasure of dining at Rendezvous Sushi on our last night on Roatan and we all agreed that it was our best meal. We all enjoyed our meals in this unique setting. The hosts were lovely and we enjoyed chatting with them. We highly recommend you have a meal here if you are in the area.

• Visited August 2012

Roatan, Honduras
“Best Sushi in Roatán!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2012 via mobile

A special night always to be remembered. I've been here with my family and loved it! I've just been here with my girlfriends family and loved every minute of our night. It's a must do in Roatan if you are a relaxed person that loves Japanese food!

Covington, Georgia
“Good sushi in West Bay Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2012

My wife and I have eaten sushi in Japan, throughout Asia, and in the best sushi restaurants in DC and San Francisco as well as less savory spots. My wife lived and worked in Japan for three years. She introduced me to sushi, sashimi, and tempura three decades ago. We expected nothing great here, knowing the chefs were a New Yorker and Montrealer. We were pleasantly surprised. The sushi was very good. They did not serve California rolls (thankfully!). The fish was very fresh and tasty. The seaweed salad was excellent. The cold green tea was delightful. Yes, the nori was tough and the rice was not excellent. The frozen watermelon dessert with lime layer was better than the best Key Lime pie we had in the Keys (not Japanese that I know of). The tempura was excellent. The prices are high but this was the best seafood we had on the seashore. We will visit Rendezvous Sushi our next trip to Roatan.

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Great space, sub par sushi.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2012

I found this spot to be another over hyped Roatan restaurant. I really enjoyed our apps and dessert, but was really underwhelmed by their sushi rolls. All 4 that we had, the spicy crunchy conch, lobster California, vanilla sky, and blue marlin roll were pretty eh ok to not-so-good. The seaweed salad was delicious though. The shrimp tempura was tasty, though my dining companion thought the tempura was too thick. And the dessert, a lemon watermelon sorbet "cake" with a cream topping was refreshingly awesome.

I'm surprised though by all the stellar reviews here calling this the best sushi ever. Makes me wonder about the tastes of others. At the risk of sounding like a snob, which I very well may be, the sushi rolls at the worst place in NYC isnt much worse then what we had at Rendezvous. The rolls were esthetically pleasing yes, but taste, not so good. In fact, between the two of us, we used most of the bottle of soy sauce.

Speaking with Eric, the owner and sushi maker gave us perspective on island life and being an ex-pat. It was a comfortable envirionment and good conversation. It's a lovely space their home. A nice place to visit. I wouldn't want you to expect the best sushi of your life. Though being on vacation on a beautiful island does make everything that much better.

Don't forget to make a reservation!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Aurora, Colorado, United States
“Must experience - Best Sushi on Roatan!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2012

It's not often that you can re-create the amazing experiences you have while you are on vacation. My husband and I went back to Roatan again this year and went back to one of our favorite spots - Rendezvous. We had that same amazing experience again. You go for the food and the fun - then quickly realize that the owners really make the experience memorable. Eric and Lynn are wonderful. We were there at the end of the night and had the pleasure of sitting with them on the patio for hours - talking - telling stories about their travels - their family and about the states. Not to mention the fact that their sushi is amazing and so, so fresh! We enjoy them so much - we even went out to dinner with them that week at another one of our favorite spots. They had great suggestions on other must sees for us as well. Our vote is that you must visit them - you must try their food! Hope you have as wonderful of a time there as we did! Don't forget to make a reservation!

• Visited April 2012