“Dive Shop” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #5 of 15 Activities in West Bay
Type: Water sports, Adventure
More attraction details
Owner description: Bananarama Dive Center offers the full range of diving activities on the worlds' second largest barrier reef. Experienced staff, small groups and the best dive sites make diving with Bananarama an unforgettable experience.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
pdx
3 attraction reviews
“Dive Shop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 15, 2008

Great dive shop. Went there with my open water referal , looking to do my open water dives. Mal and Marco were very accomodating as far as their schedule and flexibility. They are very knowledgeable and professional (well sort of).

Great place to go through for your dive experience. They took me out solo for a dive and then joined me up with 3 others who were going through their course as well.

Good people. Will go back again.

Portland, Oregon
“A great dive shop!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2008

We stayed in West Bay for two weeks in 3/08 with our two college age kids who had back-to-back spring breaks. We were scuba certified just over 2 years ago and now get in about one scuba trip a year. I had read Roatan was a top dive spot, so we decided to give it a try.

It was a balancing act picking a place to stay and picking a dive shop. We generally avoid the isolated all-inclusive dive resorts. We may dive in the morning, but want to do other things in the afternoon and evening, and have a chance to explore the local environment. My kids particularly like a nice beach. So, we decided to stay in the West Bay area. I researched dive shops and found several in West Bay and many in West End. Banananarama looked like a good option (despite their corny name and turtle logo). We considered staying there, but they didn't have anything available to accommodate 4 people. So, I found a place at West Bay Village (see separate review) which was a 3 minute walk down the beach. And we did our diving with the Bananarama dive shop.

They were great - very competent and very accommodating. We dove almost every morning, and did several night dives as well. My son, daughter and I got Advanced Open Water and nitrox certified while my wife avoided the homework and did the fun dives. Wind came up in the middle of our stay, and they switched diving to the other side of the island. They were good at keeping track of where we had been to ensure we went to new places each time. We highly recommend any of the dive masters we went out with - Mal, Sophia, Marcos, Viv and Martin. On our last day, we moved to a different area of the island, and Mal drove over to drop off my daughter's temporary dive card.

I am sure we will be back to dive the Bananarama again.

Edmonton, Alberta
“Great Location- Great Dive Staff”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2008

My husband & I recently spent a week at Banarama. Though our accomodations were actually in one of the Island Pearl beach houses (which is now owned by the same people as Banarama), we did a lot of diving with the Banarama dive shop. I can't say enough about the dive staff there. All the instructors and dive masters were great! They went out of their way to arrange dives to fit our schedule and interests. My husband & I completed our advanced open water with Banarama and really enjoyed all the dives.

The rest of the Banarama resort was also great. The breakfasts were good and efforts were always made to make sure divers got fed before morning dives were leaving. The beach in front of the resort is beautiful, and people staying at Island Pearl have a roped off area which was really nice on busy cruise ship days.

Calgary, Alberta
27 attraction reviews
“Great Company to dive with”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2008

We made our first trip to Honduras this Christmas. We had two divers with experience and two taking their first certification. Via Internet, we made course arrangements, two for advanced and two for open water certification , in addition to diving together. Malcolm, Sofia and Martine were all terrific. Instructors made the new divers very comfortable. All were thrilled with the variety of dives offered, wreck, night and a number of different sites. Everything was arranged easily. Dive shop was organized and accomodating. Equipment all worked well. Dives went out at times given. We would certainly recommend this dive shop. We varied in age from 19 to 50 and had a great experience. Thanks so much to everyone at Bananarama Dive Shop ( part of Banarama Dive Resort)