“Price does not equal the taste.” 2 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Caribbean, Seafood, International, Dessert, Sushi
Good for: Romantic, Entertaining clients, Doing business, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dessert, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: The Vintage Pearl Restaurant and Wine Cellar is located at the heart of West Bay Beach just steps from the turquoise sea of the Caribbean, on Roatan Island in the Bay of Honduras. Nestled in amidst the sea grape trees and white sand, you will find an intimate and romantic dining refuge at the Vintage Pearl. The wine cellar at the Vintage Pearl boasts of the largest wine collection on Roatan Island featuring selections from around the world.The chefs have more than twenty years of cooking experience in the Caribbean and offer a menu that changes daily as they prepare such delicacies as filet mignon, veal, duck, fresh fish, shrimp and lobster, creating a true pleasure to your palate.
las vegas, nv
“Price does not equal the taste.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2014

Hmm, well, I made a reservation(as recommended by their sign), but I should have just had some bar food from the Turtle. My gf's 1st course salad was wilted and soggy, and the chicken in my chicken tortilla soup was dry, but the soup had good flavor. The main course I ordered was "Shrimp Bruschetta" that would have been more appropriately called Shrimp Kebab, as it was some onion and shrimp on a skewer, with the shrimp being really tough(overcooked), served with a bed of rice that had some randomly paired and mushy vegetables, broccoli and zucchini, even more, the demi glace that was supposed to be with the dish was mistakenly substituted by the chef with a mango-chile sauce that went with another dish, but I accepted it anyway, as I didnt want to have to wait any longer than we had. My gf's lobster risotto was very clumpy and dry, bland at best. Lastly, the 3rd dish, why they can't just call it dessert is beyond me, but anyway,,, I had the strawberry cheesecake, came with a strawberry sauce on top of it, was decent, but so is Jack-in-the-box cheesecake. My gf ordered the "last piece" of the chocolate cake, or so the server said it was the last piece, but by the lack of customers in the joint, I took it as we have one last piece of this cake to get rid of that we've had for a week,, and as predicted, a very dry slice of cake was served. Because it was her birthday, she was a trooper and mustered through eating most of it, poor girl. For roughly 100$, I could have had much better shrimp, Lobster Bites/fritters, and fruity libations from either The Turtle or Beachers, along with some cash in the pocket on the way out. But as it stands, a sore butt and a lesson learned. Would not recommend this place, unless some drastic changes are made.

Visited January 2014
Bananarama03, Owner at Vintage Pearl Restaurant and Wine Cellar, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share you thoughts. I am actually quite shocked that you had this experience... Our desserts are made fresh and only held for three days, usually they sell out but the staff is usually pretty happy disposing of anything that is left. We operate a number of the other places and restaurants you reviewed which you seemed to like very much. I completely understand that the Vintage Pearl is not for everyone and if you are happy at the Thirsty Turtle they have the same incredible staff the the Vintage Pearl does...quite literally sometimes: as many of our servers originally started out at the Thirsty Turtle. At any time during your experience with us in the future please let us know immediately (preferably while you are still seated) if any item or factor in our service has not meet your expectations. We understand that many of our guests envision high expectations and we wish to deliver everything they imagined and more.

Des Moines, Iowa
“Hands down, worth the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

How great!! Live music, impressive wine list and a delicious food. The lobster tail was unlike anything we have gotten in the US and the steak was wonderful. Very romantic and we will be back!

Visited January 2014
Bananarama03, Owner at Vintage Pearl Restaurant and Wine Cellar, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Alexandra,

Thank you for taking the time to share your great experience with us! The lobster you eat at our restaurants are locally caught and harvested which makes a huge difference in taste. Thank you for your comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Amherst, Massachusetts
“Usauly great , just not this time.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

My wife and i ate here on or about jan 15.The vintage pearl is our go to place when we want a romantic high quality dinner on west bay.We have had dinner there 4 times in the last 3 years. This time my meal of shrimp and lobster with a tomato cream sauce was really salty. My wife was not thrilled with her steak that was served with a demi glaze sauce that was over powered with pepper .Every restaurant has an off night, but we still look forward to dining here again.

• Visited January 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Pat,

Thank you for taking the time to share you experience. I am really happy that you have been getting great meals for three years now! I am a bit sorry that your last experience did not meet your expectation. I emailed you privately to ask which night it was on so I can get to the bottom of the problem. We look forward to seeing you again soon!
Sincerely
Pennsylvania
“Away from the noise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014 via mobile

Nice place set back off the beach. Just a short stroll down the beach and walk under the arch and you are there. The atmosphere is quaint and the food is good. Entertainment the night we were there was excellent and help make the night. Great place to go to get away from the "party" bars and just enjoy yourself.

Visited January 2014
Bananarama03, Owner at Vintage Pearl Restaurant and Wine Cellar, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We are set back a little bit from the beach and it can be hard to find us if you dont know where to look. We like to think of our restaurant as a little bit off the beaten path and away from the noise of the other restaurants... in this way we are unique to West Bay beach and offer more than just A/C and great food:) Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and feelings. We look forward to seeing you again soon in the future.
Ottawa, Ontario
“Fantastic”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Upscale and more expensive but if that's what you want this place is great. If you're staying in West End, arrange a taxi in advance.

Visited February 2013
We like "fantastic"! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and future guests. We look forward to your return and are happy to arrange a taxi for you if you would like:)