“Beautyful Caribbean” 5 of 5 stars

Tampa, Florida
21 attraction reviews
“Beautyful Caribbean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013

Visit the island for the first time with Norwegian Dawn and experiance the beach party at tabayana beach and we had an amazing time,beautyful beach,great people,great food,we had an amazing time.free food and juice when booking excursion with the cruise.

Visited March 2013

5 attraction reviews
“Beautiful Beach”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

My family recently visited on an excursion while sailing on the Norwegian Star. We had a great time here. There were plenty of lounge chairs. The beach was beautiful and I had a great time snorkeling. The lunch served here was also pretty good.

Visited April 2013
usa
“Absolutely Beautiful Beach & Great Snorkeling!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I visited while sailing on the Crown Princess. Sinde it was our first time, we did the ship excursion, but will rent a taxi on our own next visit. It was an absolutely beautiful day on an absoultely beautiful beach. Saw tons of fish & sea life! The water is so clear! Go early in the morning to beat the crowds & get a chair in the shade. We arrived around 9 a.m. & were first few in the water. You can rent life vests & snorkeling gear right on the beach. The guards are very friendly & do a great job watching your chair. We had so much fun, we went out 3 times that morning. Highly recommend reapplying sunscreen every 2 hours since my husband & I both got sunburned and we don't normally burn. Still had a fantastic day & will definitely come here again! Highly recommend this beach!

Visited April 2013
North Canton, Ohio
16 attraction reviews
“Paradise!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

We visited here via an excursion with the Norwegian Dawn. We just did the "Beach Break" but I wish we'd done the snorkeling tour as well! You definitely can do it on your own but going on the tour they lead you to the best spots where there are sea turtles etc.

Our day here couldn't have been any more perfect. When arriving you are shown the lay of the land - where the food will be, where the restrooms are, where the chairs are, where the shops are. You can rent snorkeling equipment if you are so inclined. The chairs are aligned along the waterfront and there's quite a lot of them so most can find what they need pretty easily. Most of the chairs are in the sun - if that's what you are after you're in luck but I nipped one of the shaded ones due to already being burned from my first day at sea (oh the woes of the pale!). I'm glad I did as the sun gets hot and there's not a lot of shade!

When sitting in the chairs there are waiters that will get drinks for you at your command. I highly recommend the punch, very good! They also have water and regular non-alcoholic punch for free. The waiter we had, Wild Bill, was a peach and was the perfect combination of sweet, funny and not pushy at all. He was a doll.

We were only there with one other boat and the busses came and went in varying intervals. If you wanted to leave at any time it seemed that there was a van coming pretty quickly. Towards the end of the day they combined the busses to take both boats back to the port.

The food here is amazing and definitely worth the trip almost alone. SO GOOD! There's a buffet of BBQ chicken, red beans & rice, hamburger, hot dog and varying fruits. We are still talking about the BBQ. Delicious!

The beach here is probably close to being one of my favorites I've ever been to. The sand is white, the water is a clear blue and quite warm. Fish are everywhere! If you are snorkeling go to the left of the beach once in the water and head towards the cliff wall that ends the beach. Even not snorkeling you will love this area if you are there for the fish, they swarm you and it's amazing! There's also a water playground for those that are interested in that.

I can't recommend Tabyana enough, definitely make this a stop when you are in Roatan if you love the beach!

The only thing I will say about this beach is that there will be people trying to sell you things in the beach area between the chairs and the water. While it's understood they are trying to make a dollar, they are there and pretty persistant. Just more of a know-before-you-go thing!

Go here for: beach day

Don't go here for: children that won't be entertained with just the beach, not a whole lot for the small kids in regards to playthings.

Visited February 2013
Hot Springs, Arkansas
8 attraction reviews
“Best Snorkeling!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2013

The snorkeling was the best, saw a small stingray, a flounder, a huge lion fish, a couple barracuda, and a bunch of triggerfish. We had a very nice security guard (Levon - not sure if it is spelled that way) that made sure we were enjoying ourselves as well as watched over our things while swimming and snorkeling. Waitstaff was friendly. It is one excursion that we would definitely do again. There were 4 ships in port and they added some additional times while on board and it never felt crowded. Definite must for the serious snorkeler!! One tip-when you get there find a spot with some shade, after an hour or 2 in the sun, everyone will be looking for a shady spot and there aren't many. I think the ones that complain about it being crowded are the ones that can't find a shady spot later in the day.

Visited March 2013