“READ THIS BEFORE YOU GO!!!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Attractions in West Bay
Type: Beaches, Outdoors
Frederick, Colorado
30 attraction reviews
“READ THIS BEFORE YOU GO!!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013 via mobile

This beach is just ok! We felt like we were on a beach in Cancun Mexico because of all the local merchants haggling with us!! All day long like a constant beating drum! TIP: I think Mahogany Bay is better! Look into it before you purchase excursions. Mahogany Bay is very close to the cruise ship dock and the beach is much better also with great amenities.

Boston, Massachusetts
“Worth the Excursion Price for Beach and Snorkeling”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

This is the perfect ship excursion for a beach day and snorkeling. For a couple or a group of 4 I recommend taking the ship excursion because the transportation is so much easier and not much more expensive than negotiating a cab. We arrived into Carnival's Mahogany Bay port and it was a 45 min ride to the beach. Tabyana is at the far end of West Bay Beach, not to be confused with West End a couple miles north. West Bay is entirely beach resorts.

If you arrive in Mahogany Bay and only want a beach day and don't plan to snorkel I would instead recommend the free beach right off the cruise pier.

The snorkeling off Tabyana is top notch and right off the beach maybe 20 feet. Beautiful coral and tons of fish, wish I could name them. There are guides in kayaks to make sure you don't go somewhere so shallow that you hit the coral. If you plan to snorkel bring your own equipment. The rental equipment looked like it was what washed up on the beach.

The beach was not crowded with two ships in port that day (Crown Princess and NCL Dawn). With more ships I could certainly see it getting busy. Drink service on the beach takes US cash and credit cards. Mixed drinks were about 8 $US and beers were 3 to 4 $US. You could get beers from a vendor cheaper if you wandered the beach. The included lunch was very good but simple including hamburgers, hot dog, some great bbq chicken, cold salads, and fresh fruit. Lunch was served from 12 to 1:30 only. Water and ice tea was also included and served all day.

Restroom and change facilities were available and clean. The gift shop was cute but I didn't buy anything. Buses start running return service to the ships at 1 and run every half hour. Lockers are available, but I did not feel the need for one. There was security everywhere, they watched our stuff on the beach and kept the vendors away.

We didn't find the vendors intrusive but I could see how some may not feel the same. They call you from the property boundary behind security. My favorite vendor was the very large local woman who kept saying, "you want a massage honey, sweetie." I don't think my body could take what she was selling.

Cherokee Village, Arkansas
21 attraction reviews
“Fantastic beach,top notch snorkeling and fun experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2013

Went on NCL excursion and had a marvelous day! We lounged on the amazing beach and enjoyed multiple mango margaritas. Had been on their guided snorkel last year so this year snorkeled on my own and it was a beautiful experience. Lunch was chicken burgers and hot dogs with a tasty slaw and fruit. Loved the yummy grilled onions! My adult daughter had her hair braided by Heidi and staff. Our great server was Yolanda and Albert was a great source of information for my friends who para sailed over the beach. All and all a great day in the sun!

New York City, New York
4 attraction reviews
“Hard to get there by yourself, full of traps”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

After get off the cruise, our family was planning to go by taxi to Tabyana beach by ourselves. But everywhere we checked is by head count, $12 each.
After got on the taxi, the driver sent us to a small cabin like place, and says it’s beach front and charge is $10 per person. I don’t see the Tabyana beach sign, we got back and kept driving. After couple more stops, finally he sent us to a quiet entrance and still entrance fee is $10 per person. This time we do see the sign. We stayed.
This beach is not as busy as I thought, but they were out of snorkeling gear rental already. The water is quiet and clear. We see some fish, nice experience. It’s just not shocking as I’ve been dreamed of.

Visited December 2012
Salt Lake City, Utah
10 attraction reviews
“Great snorkeling, white sands, decent food.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

We visited Tabyana Beach as part of an excursion booked through Carnival Dream. The beach was beautiful and the water was nice. The on-site restaurant serves burgers, hot dogs and barbecued chicken. There are lots of vendors on the beach offering all types of things ranging from braiding your hair, massage, bracelets, food vendors etc. Honestly the vendors were a little too agressive at times. I would definitely come back,but next time I will bring plenty of cash for beverages and gifts.