“The only place I would stay on Roatan” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Keifito's Plantation Retreat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in West Bay
Keifito's Plantation Retreat
You added Keifito's Plantation Retreat to your Saves list
Carretera Pavimentada Ppal, West Bay, Honduras   |
New Jersey
“The only place I would stay on Roatan”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2009

Keifitos is a great place to stay if you want seclusion, but also want to be close to everything. The room we stayed in was spacious and clean with a nice view of the sea. West End (the village with restaurants, shops, bars) is a 10 minute walk from Keifitos and West Bay (beautiful beach with great snorkeling) is a 25 minute walk. There are also water taxis available if you don't feel up to walking. Phillip was helpful to us even before we arrived by answering any questions I had about Roatan and Honduras through email. My husband and I were very happy with our decision to stay at Keifitos, especially after we saw that most other hotels were not nearly as quiet nor secluded. I would recommend asking for the purple cabin, as it has the best view.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple

Business
Boston
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2009

I stayed at Keifitos for a few days end of March. The manager, Philip, has a crazy dog. One day when Philip showed me around the plantation, the dog attacked and bit me severely. The bites went right through my long pants. Philip was carrying a machete but he was unable to help. Although Philip said that the dog is being kept on a leash or locked up, I saw the dog running loose on three different occasions after it had bitten me. I can't recommend staying at Keifitos to anyone.

Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
H . S . Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2009

I just got back from 2 weeks@ Keifitos (March 25 until April 8 ) . The location was great as I dove with Luna beach Resort . Phillip was great about having breakfast out every morning even coffee with all of the power outages that go with Easter week . He even kept beer in the frig on the honor system . every thing was clean and reasonably priced

• Stayed March 2009, traveled solo
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2009

We stayed at Keifitos for 6 days in early March and can't think of anything that we would change. Even before we got there, Philip was tremendously helpful with travel arrangements and planning. And the plantation itself was our favorite thing about the island - great snorkeling right off the end of his pier, a private beach walled off by natural rock formations but an easy walk to either West End or West Bay, fresh fruit breakfasts and beautiful sunsets. Our room was clean and spacious, and had a great view of the sunset from the hammock porch. From what we saw, there wasn't really any other place like this (at least in the vicinity of West End/West Bay), in terms of being secluded and quiet without sacrificing convenience. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
Anchorage, Alaska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2009

This place was great. Phillip does a wonderful job. I enjoyed our talks every morning while having coffee. The fresh fruit breakfast was the best. We made some last minute adjustments to the number of cabins needed and were accommaded with no problems. I wish Phillip the best of luck getting his restaurant and dive shop going.

• Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2008

I had looked at MANY places on the island. I wanted to stay at a place that was owned by "locals" and off the beaten path. I read more than 35 reviews on trips advisor, and there was something that struck me about this place that seemed like it had the real island charm. There were several welcoming reviews about Phillip and the sincere way that he treated his guest. He was always kind and thoughtful and willing to help out with ideas and arrange anything that your heart desires. There were many kinds people that I met that were staying at the Retreat. And that its exactly what a tranquil establishment should be. It is located directly in between West Bay and West End and the seclusion of the environment was absolutely perfect for those who want to lay and relax or be pampered with island charm of the possibilities of things to encounter. There was always fresh fruit in the morning which Phillip hand grew himself to insure the best possible choices each morning for his guest. And the coffee he offered each morning; Oh my the coffee could put Starbucks to shame. There is not a alluring black coffee that I have tasted that is more delicious than any other place I have travelled throughout the world. Keifito's Planation Retreat is the perfect place to feel like you are at home and also pampered. It is a perfectly secluded treat that is located less than an eight minute walk to the center of the "happening" locations of the island.

p.s. There is the best snorkeling on this side of the island, just off the left of the pier at Keifito's Retreat. If you want to see a multitude of things that a person would only see on the Discovery Channel. Than this is the Retreat to stay. After three weeks on the island, Keifito's Plantation Retreat is definitiely the place to be, if a person wants to truly experience Roatan at it's best with knowledgable service beyound compare. This is the place to stay. I am more than completely satisfied that Trip Advisor helped me find this gem of Roatan, Honduras.

• Liked — The secluded location near the excitement of the island
  • Disliked — It was great!!! There was nothing that I didn't like
  • Stayed December 2008
    • 4 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2008

When we go on a vacation, we are there to sight see, adventure, meet people and eventually sleep. Accommodations are rarely a priority for us but they do have to be reasonably priced, clean, and have good write-ups and reviews. Keifito's definitely fit the bill. Keifito's proprietor, Phillip is a great host, hands down. From assisting us with our luggage issues (Continental lost them), to filling us in on the local scene, Honduran culture, and anything else we inquired about. The physical location of the resort is key. It is not situated near the majority of Hotels in the West End yet it is also only a 5 minute walk to them. Quiet and secluded, we truly felt like we were guests at Phillip’s home rather than at some faceless place. Phillip’s breakfast in the morning, fresh coffee and camaraderie make the mornings great. The evening cocktail or two make the day of scuba complete. While this review took me more than 6 months to write (sorry Phillip) it in no way bears on my impression of Keifito’s. Without question, the next time I am on Roatan, I am staying here and having a drink with Phillip to continue the conversation.

• Liked — You did not feel like a "guest"
  • Disliked — Nothing.
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Keifito's Plantation Retreat? Share your experiences!