“Excellent value for the money” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: British
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Leicester
“Excellent value for the money”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2012

Spent 2 nights in Denshaw in a farmhouse on a short break and both nights had dinner in the Printers Arms. The food was really good and plenty of it and the staff were really helpful and friendly, will defo return if in the area again, thank you.

• Visited September 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

82% Recommend
Oldham, United Kingdom
“Superb food”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2012 via mobile

The whole eating experience was superb, from the mouth watering food to the excellent banter with some of the friendliest staff I've ever experienced, the service was brilliant, we had our 3year old granddaughter with us and they couldn't do enough for her. Me and my wife had the leek potato and bacon soup to start and it was fabulous and for our main course I had fresh fish medley and my wife had the lambs liver and as you can imagine my granddaughter wasn't happy to share either of these so the waitress brought her a small portion of curly fries which she thoroughly enjoyed, when we finished neither of us could have eaten a dessert but our granddaughter wanted a ice cream but it seemed a waste as I knew she wouldn't eat it all but the waitress brought her out a small scoop for her and didn't put it on the bill. I would definitely recommend this superb little pub and will most certainly be going back again

Poynton
“Fantastic !!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2012

We used to live in Oldham and visited the Printers whenever we could, since moving to Cheshire our visits have been limited to when we're visiting friends. As usual we had pre booked knowing our busy the place gets on Sundays, we booked a table in the back room which is as good as many top end restaurants !!!!

We were welcomed and taken to our table, my wife had the black pudding sausages and thought they were delicious, I plumped for the fish and chips, which despite a previous review I found very generous and filling. The service here is fantastic and you'll be spoiled rotten.

I decided just to have some "luxury" ice cream which was lovely and left me full to the brim. The thing is about the Printers is that its a hidden gem, give it a go and you're in for a great night with fantastic food and service :-)

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cosy little restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2012

I'd never been to the Printers before, but I was pleasantly suprised. It's a small restaurant and pub, but I think that just meant we were treated with a personal service.
I had the tempura king prawns to start with a lovely hoisin dip and seaweed - very tasty. Then I opted for the fillet steak, which was good, but not the greatest steak I'd ever had. I always think that a good fillet shouldn't be served with a sauce, however this one was a little dry and would maybe have benefitted from one.
I had the printer's platter for dessert. It was delicious. A range of their desserts, but smaller. The chocolate and orange mousse was probably my favourite.
I would visit again, you definitely need to book in advance, with there not being very many tables. It's definitely worth a visit for the delicious food.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Manchester, United Kingdom
“excellent, cant wait for next meal..”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

came here with family and cant fault in anyway.. food was amazing atmosphere was excellent and cant say enough great for money. Good choice on menu and staff was very efficent. Brilliant night and cant wait for the next.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere