“FAMILY PARTY” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #1 of 4 restaurants in Sharnbrook
Cuisines: European, English, Italian
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Description: The VesuviO Restaurant & Bar has been the Ciampi family business since 1987 where it originally opended in Clapham, Bedfordshire and in November 2006 it relocated to the new site, still serving our excellent traditional English and Italian cuisine. VesuviO is the beating heart of The Sharnbrook Hotelappetising all visitors from Conference Delegates to Wedding Guests to the Romantic Couple.
London, England, United Kingdom
“FAMILY PARTY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

Thank you for accommodating my family on Saturday lunch time for my mother’s 83rd Birthday. This is becoming a regular party venue for her since she had such a wonderful time on her 80th. I have booked large work parties with you to small intimate nights out and will always recommend VesuviO to anyone.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

86% Recommend
kettering
“Looks good on the outside... Not so good inside”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013 via mobile

We booked a meal here as it looks stunning from the outside it has statues in the garden and piped music as you enter, it looked like a lovely place to eat.

Inside was a massive let down the dinning room was way to big it was like eating school dinner in a massive hall, there is more atmosphere in a mortuary than here.

The staff were very attentive and aimed to please, the food was ok but nothing special. I had the muscles to start with and sea bass as a main, my partner had macaroni with a pasta sauce. The meal was basic and I impressive, poorly seasoned and mediocre

All in all not impressed would not go back an would not recommend

• 1 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
VesuviOCiampi, General Manager at VesuviO Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Dear Reviewer,
it was humbling to read your review of your recent visit to us which was not the experience we usually offer to our guests. In over 25 years of VesuviO and now in our 7th year at our new premises in Sharnbrook the fabric of the business as well as the size/look/feel of VesuviO has not essentially changed therefore I am struggling to comprehend the recent bout of lower rated reviews we are receiving - both regarding the ambiance and the food - when prior to the past two months our reviews have always rated 4 or 5 stars.
With your visit taking place in January - notoriously quiet for most hotels/restaurants - although we have thankfully had a busy and prosperous beginning to a new year, I can only assume that you visited us at one of our quietest times at which most restaurants would struggle to have atmosphere/ambiance.
VesuviO is designed to be large and without pillars in order to offer flexibility in our seating arrangements which is essential when we are indeed very busy which is again, thankfully, quite often as we are and continue to be a successful and popular local restaurant.
I am also disappointed that your meal did not meet expectations and will take this up with our kitchen - we are currently introducing new dishes and options for our long term and new customers to savour in celebrating our 25 years of VesuviO.
Most importantly of all I am trying to ascertain what has changed recently as our customers have always been very impressed and again our success is due in the most part to their loyalty and returning business.
Should you wish to discuss any aspect of my response, please contact me directly at info@thesharnbrookhotel.com,
Kind regards
cornwall
“Not worth ot”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 24, 2012

Zero ambiance: diffident staff, average but overpriced food. Poor service adn extremely annoying muzak

Visited November 2012
VesuviOCiampi, General Manager at VesuviO Restaurant & Bar, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Whilst we appreciate constructive feedback that we may use to grow as well as improve our business your review is somewhat lacking in substance - your review of our hotel suggests our staff are 'friendly and nice' - you are describing the very same staff as 'diffident' this review.
I have worked to decipher your grammar & spelling to understand that you find a mixture of Boccelli, Pavarotti, Burt Bacarach, Frank Sinatra as well as Italian legends such as Eros Ramazotti, Pino Daniele, Lucio Battisti amongst others as annoying - this is extremely difficult to comprehend but I understand you are welcome to share your opinion.
I am intrigued however to the root of the issue you experienced with us as this could assist in our understanding and learning, you are more than welcome to email me directly at info@thesharnbrookhotel.com.
Regards
Milton Keynes
“Nice but the ambiance ruins the experience.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012 via mobile

Our visit to VesiviO was overall quite good but there could be some improvements.

We visited the restaurant as a large group and expected the service to be very slow but it was in fact very fast. However, we felt the waitresses we quite, well, miserable! The food was warm and nice but I felt that the price of the meals were expensive (but not eye-wateringly so) when compared to the quality. It didn't have any zing or any qualities to make it stand out such as a sauce with the whitebait or seasoning in the cannelloni. Overall, it was reasonable.

However, I do believe it would be an excellent place for large functions and parties but because the room is so large with very quiet music, it would be very impersonal for couples.

Dear Reviewer,

thank you for taking the time to review your recent experience with us and I can only apologise if you felt that we missed the mark on this occasion - we will certainly use your constructive and well structured feedback to make improvements.

Regards

Kettering, United Kingdom
“Very elegant.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

Found it randomly on the way to Bedford and it was nicely surprising with great food, and attentive staff made the visit worthwhile.

Visited July 2012