“Fantastic Hotel & Wedding Venue” 5 of 5 stars

The Sharnbrook Hotel
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   A6 / Park Lane, Sharnbrook, Bedford MK44 1LX, England   |
Ranked #1 of 2 hotels in Sharnbrook
Wellingborough, United Kingdom
“Fantastic Hotel & Wedding Venue”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Me & my partner chose to have our wedding at The Sharnbrook Hotel after being very impressed by the venue when we were originally showed round by Ciro. The space and feel of the venue is fantastic and ideal for weddings and functions. The staff are incredibly helpful and cannot do enough for you - Ciro in particular cannot be faulted for his expertise at being a warm host and an on-the-ball MC. The whole day was entirely flawless and went without a hitch. We were made to feel special by Ciro and his team, from being personally handed our drinks after the ceremony to fetching us some champagne for the photos!

We had many comments from our guests on how fantastic the food was (yum!) and we are confident that a lot of them are going to come back for more! All of our evening guests loved the buffet & I don't think there was much left at all it was so good.The staff behind the bar and in the kitchen were brilliant, making sure everything ran like a well-oiled machine without being intrusive.

We stayed in the bridal/executive suite and it really is a beautiful room with the most comfiest bed that we have ever slept in. The other guests that stayed at the hotel only had good things to say about their rooms and everyone got a good nights sleep. Breakfast was also really good, everyone enjoyed a good fry up the morning after.

The Sharnbrook Hotel really is a hidden gem with the friendliest staff out of any hotel or restaurant that we have visited. Not only did we have our wedding here, but we have also celebrated birthdays here and have visited the restaurant many times so we'll be back soon! - Mr & Mrs Middleton.

Room Tip: The bridal/executive suites are fantastic
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Ciampi, General Manager at The Sharnbrook Hotel, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Hi Jemma M,
thank you for taking the time to review your recent and ongoing experiences with us - it was a pleasure & privilege to be chosen as your hosts for your wonderful wedding day!
Best Wishes

Ciro Ciampi
The Sharnbrook Hotel & VesuviO

164 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Preston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

This was the second time that I had stayed at the Sharnbrook and once again I was not disappointed. On the contrary, I was was delighted. I had travelled 200 miles with two young children, I was exhausted. I wasn't expecting much sleep with the little people in the same room. How wrong was I? The room had been set up for us - two singles and a double, very spacious, warm and inviting. We slept like logs! It was heaven.

The hotel would suit any kind of traveller, out of courtesy to the business users I did take my young girls down to breakfast late in the hope they had all gone, which proved right. We were welcomed to breakfast very warmly and nothing was too much trouble for the breakfast server, even down to ensuring their egg and sausage had a runny egg! My own particular vice at breakfast is cream with good coffee - again no problem. A truly yummy breakfast.

The staff were friendly and courteous, without being overbearing, striking just the right balance.

We will definitely stay again. Thanks to all.

Deborah Stead

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Dear Deborah S

thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay and experience with us. I appreciate your positive feedback and look forward to welcoming you again!

Regards

Ciro Ciampi
The Sharnbrook Hotel
Bedford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2013

From the beginning to the end Ciro and all his wonderful staff gave us the most perfect day in every way, which we will remember for the rest of our lives. A lovely hotel, beautiful function room, excellent, courteous and discreet staff, wonderful food, hot and tasty with superb
buffet during the evening. All our guests thought it was "just great"
Thank you all so much. S and C.

Room Tip: More lounge seating room would be a great asset.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Milton Keynes, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013

We got married at the Sharnbrook Hotel September 2012. The Sharnbrook hotel ticked so many boxes for our needs. We really apprecited that the amalfi suite is decorated in a very neutral way which allows you to adapt it to what ever colour scheme we wanted. Still being very elegant. There is a bar in the same area which meant all the guest stayed in the same room which was important to us. The grounds are spacious and there is no worry out where to park we had a big coach for our guests and there is plenty of room to accomodate.

For us what sets the sharnbrook apart.. is the Sharnbrook team from the Manager Ciro through to the member of staff. What you get for your money is not only a great venue but you get the passion that comes through. Ciro said to me that "he treats each wedding as if it was for his own sister's" which was very reassuring. Ciro and his team took care of every aspect from the start all the way till the end.

The sharnbrook holds wedding shows with lots of local suppliers which was a great help.

We stayed in the hotel and we felt the room was very spacious and very luxurious. Breakfast in the morning had plenty of options to choose from.

I would like to take this opportunity once again to say thank you for making it a very special day!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Bedford, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

Having attended the Sharnbrook Hotel for various events including theme nights, eating in the restaurant, weddings etc there was no doubt in my mind what venue to choose when I decided to hold a charity ball.

The ball was a huge succss thanks to Ciro and his team making sure everything ran perfectly, Ciro makes the whole process simple, nothing is too much trouble and he is always willing to accomodate dietary requests even unusual ones! He is always on hand to answer any questions and you have complete confidence that the whole event will run smoothly.

The food was delicious (catering was for 210 people), and we had many comments in relation to the food and how good it was.

I visit The Sharnbrook Hotel on a regular basis and am always impressed with the service, food and helpfulness of the staff.

I am hosting another ball this year and I haven't hesitated in booking The Sharnbrook Hotel to host it for me again, I also recommended it to another friend who is having a charity event in the summer and she has also booked it.

I would highly recommend the Sharnbrook Hotel to anyone whether it be to host an event, attend an event, stay at the hotel or eat in the restaurant.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Northampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Having attended various weddings and events at The Sharnbrook Hotel, along with numerous enjoyable evenings in the VesuviO’s restaurant it was the first choice for my Wedding Blessing Reception in November 2012. Ciro did an amazing job and was always on hand whenever I needed him. Together with his fantastic team he helped me plan my reception exactly how I wanted it, accommodated for all my little details with ease and making the whole process enjoyable and stress free for me.

Although we had a late wedding, Ciro and his team allowed us to set the room up the day before allowing my bridal party plenty of time to enjoy the day! When we arrived the next day, the hotel staff did everything in their power to make us feel comfortable, bringing us refreshments and arranging breakfast for us after 12pm! As a result we were fully relaxed and ready for the big day. The Bridal suite had everything we could need, and we thoroughly enjoyed getting ready whilst watching our guests arrive and make their way to the Church.

On return from the Church service, our 110 guests were promptly greeted with fresh canapés & bubbles, and Ciro & Mas personally poured my Husband and I a glass of champagne as we arrived! We opted for a buffet reception which was extremely well received by all our guests. The food was hot, fresh and rotated regularly, and the service was pleasant & faultless. The tables were cleared quickly between courses and drinks were topped up throughout the reception and ready for speeches.

We had a number of guests staying overnight at the hotel, coming from across the country & the Channel Islands. The Sharnbook Hotel catered for guests arriving late from the airport ensuring their rooms were ready and they had the option of ordering any food they required too adding that personal touch to their experience.

Ciro and his staff did a brilliant job clearing the room after our Reception and packed everything up for us ready to take away in the morning which was a great help. Overall our guests had a brilliant time at The Sharnbrook Hotel and I wouldn’t think twice about recommending it for any celebration, event or simply for a nice meal out!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Bedford, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2013

I visited the Sharnbrook hotel before Christmas 2012 wth some friends to one of their Christmas party nights. It was very busy, the the band, Vision were excellent.
We had the three course set menu, and we all really enjoyed the food which I felt was very good especially considering that they were catering for a large number. We enjoyed the atmosphere and it was useful that the main function room we were in had its own bar, so you didn't have to wait long to be served for drinks.
The hotel was very modern with a nice feel about it and is located within a countryside position close to the A6. Would happily visit again and would reccomend.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends

Been to The Sharnbrook Hotel? Share your experiences!