Just returned from Les Sablons, and would definitely recommend it. We travelled with Thomson Alfresco and stayed in a Vivaldi Luxe 6 berth, located close to one of the newer shower blocks. The location was very good, decking/veranda spacious, and safety gate ideal so that our 21 month old toddler had the freedom to play outside or inside as she chose.
The park itself was very well equipped for travelling with a toddler, we moved between parks (x3 to choose from), swimming pools (great toddler pool with mini slides etc) and beach, and also hired bikes to cycle along the canal du midi.
On site there is a bar, restaurant, takeaway, shop, newsagent, fruit and veg shop, archery, pottery, aqua aerobics, zumba, table tennis, tennis courts, volleyball ... and the beach can be accessed via a path directly from the park, or out of the main entrance and a short distance down the road (5 mins walk).
My tips for anyone travelling would be - take advantage of the bargain prices available out of season (we stayed 14 - 21 Sept and paid a fraction of the high season fee), if like us you do not want to drive during your holiday fly with Ryanair to Beziers and book an airport transfer (we easily managed without a car for the week with plenty to do), don't feel the need to take all of your toiletries - the shop is very well equipped (if we go again we will probably not pack so many nappies!) however remember your tea bags as they didn't seem to have Tetley (or similar).
In response to some of the factors mentioned by other reviewers:
- the toddler pool was not too deep for our 21 month old (however she also had her arm bands on and we were always on hand to keep her safe)
- the takeaway is quite slow however you're on holiday - what's the rush!
- there is little or no shade on the beach (is this not usually the case with a beach?) however there is shade nearby
- didn't try the restaurant so can't comment however would point out that there are at least a further 5 restaurants to try within a 5 minute walk
Having given a very positive review of this park, I would however potentially agree that the facilities are not big enough for the number of guests when at full capacity (however as we do not intend to travel during peak season this does not concern me currently). Specifically the swimming pools are very good, but if overcrowded I can imagine they would not be very enjoyable!
- Also Known As:
- Camping Club Les Sablons Hotel
- Camping Club Les Sablons Hotel Portiragnes