“Smelling so good” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #5 of 18 Hotels in Vipiteno
St-jean-sur-Richelieu, Qc
“Smelling so good”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

We stayed with a family of 4 children for 9 days in the area. We had two room joined together by a vestibule. The owners made us feel at home with some cookies in the room when we came back from skiing. The restaurant is delicious and the pasteria unbelivable. We had the room on the second floor around the kitchen. My daugther age 10 told me: It's the best hotel we ever been because it's smell like cake...and she's right!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Surrey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2012

My wife and I took our daughter on a 5 day trip to Vipiteno to visit family there. The town as always was superb and we had lots of snow to make it even more fun and magical.

We didn't know much about the hotel before booking, but could see that it had been renovated fairly recently. We had a good sized room near the restaurant which had a double bed and a sofa-bed that our daughter used. That still left enough room for a small chair, table and desk, so it wasn't cramped. The bathroom will sapcious and clean.

We chose half board and found the food to be excellent. The breakfast were traditional continental, with the option to request cooked eggs etc. There was a very good selection of all the usual things, cereal, bread, hams, cheese, pastries and yoghurts etc. All were of good quality.

The evening meals in the restaurant were superb in my opinion. To be honest we weren't expecting this. We had anticipated fairly average food and to a certain extent would have been satisfied with that, but in fact there was a great menu with lots of variety and everything was lovely. We could have anything off the menu as part of the Half Board package and we enjoyed to all. The wine and other drinks were extra of course, but were reasonably priced and of a good quality too.

The service in the restaurant was excellent and the manager who i believe was the owner was charming and very accomodating with every request.

There is parking behind the hotel which has a barrier for security and is easy to find, although not clear from the website. The parking is free.

I would highly recommend this hotel and whilst not cheap, we feel is good value given the quality of the food provided and the location.

It is worth saying that there is a Spa in the hotel apparently but we never sought it out, so cant comment how good or otherwise it is.

Overall, we thought this hotel was excellent and would definitely stay again when visiting our family next time.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
Nuremberg, Germany
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Awesome place and the location is perfect - everything is close.
Definitely stay in this hotel!! The best place you can stay in Vipiteno!!!

Good things:
- Cleaning;
- Location;
- No extra things to pay or hidden taxes;
- All the Staff - Awesome people and Friendly!!!;
- Nice restaurant;
- Nice restaurants around;
- Excellent recommendations for tours;
- Huge room;

Bad things:
- Position of the TV - Not easy to watch on bed;
- Parking-lot is not easy to find and sometimes is full;

Room Tip: Higher floors are always the good option. The floor from the bathroom has heating system in all flo...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Pittsboro, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 9, 2011

I traveled to Vipiteno for business, and the client recommended this hotel. I was not disappointed.

The rooms are spacious and well appointed, with high quality linens and marble bathrooms. I was traveling with one other person and our two rooms (102 and 103) were joined together with a little private entryway that made it possible to leave our doors open to make a sort of suite.

Breakfast was large and varied, but note that it was a European breakfast and not an American "bacon and eggs" one. Lots of baked goods (the selection changed daily), cereals, fruit, and cold cuts. Amazing coffee.

The downsides? Well, the Internet access was basically non-existent. They charged 5€ per hour for web-only access and the quality was poor. This is a major requirement for me when I travel and I almost rated them down to 4 from 5.

But ... the staff was very friendly and as I had been on the road for a few weeks I needed some laundry done. They handled the whole thing and a large load of laundry only cost me 10€. Since many hotels want to charge by the piece, this offset the lack of Internet (plus, I was able to borrow a UMTS modem to access the Internet over the GSM network).

I would definitely look forward to staying here again for business, and I think this would be perfect for a romantic getaway should I be able to return with my wife.

Room Tip: I stayed on the first floor, and due to the proximity to the kitchen you could hear some noise in th...
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Lilie? Share your experiences!